shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

power consumption
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/9/2014 3:23:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
James1992
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 41
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos16
power consumption
Im planning to use this for a uni project creating a portable li-on power pack and need to know how much this will add to overheads and decrease efficiency, thanks!
#2 (permalink)      11/19/2014 8:58:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rakshata
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
It only uses electricity when you turn it on. About 3 uA with 2 LEDs on. The LEDs indicating capacity light for about 2 seconds, then for about 1 second all 4 LEDs turn on but with much lower intensity and then the board goes off. It does stay on indicating capacity longer if you keep your finger on the switch. The LEDs are blue colour.
#3 (permalink)      9/1/2015 4:35:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
captaindrum
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos65
Weird, I measeured 32mA with 3 LEDs on.
Please realize that the links you paste in your posts ARE NOT CLICKABLE by default! When giving SKUs please use the format: SKU XXXXXXX . Use the URL button for adding other links. Thank you.
#4 (permalink)      9/7/2015 4:32:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rakshata
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I think your measurement is the right one, I must have read it wrong on my instrument (displacing the decimal dot).
#5 (permalink)      11/3/2015 10:30:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
diyau
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 17
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos2

Edited on 11/3/2015 at 10:30 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      11/3/2015 10:31:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
diyau
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 17
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos2
+1 details
captaindrum wrote:

Weird, I measeured 32mA with 3 LEDs on.

Hey, in response to your review you posted about the "HP-0127 1A DIY Single USB Mobile Power Supply PCB Module with 3 LED Indicators". Did you manage to get the board working? I've made multiple lithium-ion battery packs using that board and similar boards. Maybe I could offer some help?

#7 (permalink)      11/4/2015 1:05:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
captaindrum
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos65
@diyau

Thank you very much, that's so kind of you :)

I used similar boards before, but I don't know what keeps this one from working. Wiring is pretty straightforward, as there are only two terminals to solder wires to. I'm rather quick at soldering, so I don't think I overheated a MCU or something. I saw two solder bridges on one chip here, but I don't even know if that's the cause.

I later gave up on it as it's a cheap board and I've already completed the project. BTW if it worked, I was gonna desolder the USB conector and wire it directly to a low power Bluetooth amplifier board. Smallest solution for a portable speaker :)
Please realize that the links you paste in your posts ARE NOT CLICKABLE by default! When giving SKUs please use the format: SKU XXXXXXX . Use the URL button for adding other links. Thank you.