shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

FT, Attention Please!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/12/2014 12:38:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mr_Reman
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1043
  • Reviews 230
  • Kudos1047
+1 details
That must have scared the shit out of you mate. Hope it all heals up OK.

I don't wear safety glasses usually, But I do wear prescription glasses. I really should use safety glasses while messing about with power tools though given the amount of times stuffs pinged off the lenses.

Once again, I hope that heals up fast and fully....... Could have been a lot worse.

Reman.
UK
#12 (permalink)      5/12/2014 12:48:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dave_Kat
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 2427
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos2015
+1 details
Sorry about your mishap. I have a pair of these and they are a well built solid tool and excellent for snipping 28g kanthol close to posts. I am having a very difficult time perceiving that something a soft and non-resistant as cotton snapping these. I could see a potential problem using them on thick wire gauges.

I would use safety glasses if not for script glasses. I have had micro pcs of kanthol fly in off direction. Would not want to catch my naked eyes. Not good.

Good luck at Doc's
Late
#13 (permalink)      5/12/2014 2:46:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapingmel
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 4707
  • Reviews 899
  • Kudos5458
+1 details
Oh wow hope your eye heals quickly, without any future issues.

I normally wear face mask & safety glasses mixing-up my liquids, but have been a little casual cutting wire etc, I will now add safety glasses to my 'vape kit' thank you for warning us all
No 'Avatar' as i'm using my mobile phone
#14 (permalink)      5/12/2014 3:00:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patmurris
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 589
  • Reviews 65
  • Kudos303
+1 details
That's really double bad luck, especially cutting cotton. First it breaks, second it goes right to your eye!

Sorry for this incident! I hope the doc gives you good news.
My location: Nice, France.
#15 (permalink)      5/12/2014 4:03:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Treezy
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 155
  • Reviews 66
  • Kudos116
+1 details
I had these exact pair break in the same way/spot on 26g wire.
#16 (permalink)      5/12/2014 4:13:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10956
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9353
+11 details
Agree agree agree!

I wasn't wearing safety glasses, it's all on me. That's the reason I did not put anyone to blame. Didn't bitch about the product or anything fellas :)

However, my purpose of this thread is, "Wear the fucking protection glasses". This is a message to everyone who doesn't, the unexpected shit may happen any moment. BUT, that piece flew off with the velocity of a bullet, I believe, it could shatter the eyewear glass too and you could be in a worse shit!

Make sure, your safety glass is not a cloned one ROFL. Wear good quality safety glasses!

About the force applied, it was minimal. This is what I don't understand, the thing was just waiting for a little pressure. Perhaps, it was already cracked (maybe a hairline crack) and was just waiting to shoot.

OR

The tool maybe made up of a poor metal/alloy which is not strong enough. Let's not ignore and put everything on me. A plier shouldn't fail like this while cutting cotton. No way!

Just returned after checkup, I was super lucky to get the flat side of that broken piece. If I had the sharp side hitting, I would be in a pisspond lol. And, I was also lucky to get it in the white portion of my eye, heavens sake!

Be safe people, follow the directions. I feel ashamed and feel like shit for not wearing safety glasses when I do have one.

Lesson learnt :)
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#17 (permalink)      5/12/2014 4:15:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10956
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9353
+6 details
FT please test this thing, it feels like it is made up of poor metal. I hope this thing went through heavy testing.

For laughs, I have another one coming in the mail Bwaahahaha!
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#18 (permalink)      5/12/2014 4:22:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ambustus
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 588
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos357
+9 details
Nobody in the right mind would wear safety glasses while cutting cotton.On the other hand not so many people would cut cotton with wire cutters:)
#19 (permalink)      5/12/2014 4:47:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10956
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9353
+4 details
@Ambustus: Agreed! Should've used a nail clipper or scissors. Again, lesson learnt.

@VM: That's exactly the purpose of this thread. Actually, there are two reasons why I created this thread. First reason, to warn others. This crap can happen even while cutting cotton. Hard to believe, but true.

Second reason, I wish to know if anyone else had this thing breaking of like that. Treezy had a similar problem with this plier. Sub-standard quality? I hope FT takes this into account.

Edited on 5/12/2014 at 4:48 AM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      5/12/2014 4:49:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10956
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9353
+8 details
I'll be honest, I hesitated in creating this thread. Who wishes to tell the world, "Hey look! I'm a fool". However, I just wanted to warn others, especially, fools like me who don't wear safety glasses while cutting cotton with wire cutters hahaha.
#21 (permalink)      5/12/2014 5:05:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Pafapaf
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13895
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos21949
+2 details
*cancelled*

Take care Andy, hope you'll be fine.