shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

NOT 1 AMP
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/19/2016 7:17:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5904
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos9000
+1 details
NOT 1 AMP
I bought this due to the good reviews, but it is not much good. Below are my findings. I am putting my review here because I gave it a negative review, so it likely won't be approved by the FT censors. I'm not opening a ticket or sending it back, but thought I should post here to hopefully help others in making a better choice.

Using a 5 ohm resistor as the load, and a KCX-017 amp/voltmeter, I got only .6 Amps, but the voltage dropped down to 3.2V. I suspect it would not supply more than a few tenths of an amp if one expected a normal USB voltage of 4.75-5.25V.

I have an old charger rated at .5A (came with an ego kit), and another rated at .2A (came with an 808 cigalike), and both these are superior.

Again, I'm not complaining, no ticket, not returning; Just letting you know what to expect.
#2 (permalink)      1/20/2016 7:10:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Le_Zouave
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 249
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos106
+1 details
Never buy a brandless usb charger from china. And apple charger copy are the worst of them all.
Yes there is a huge price difference but if you don't want to pay 10$ on a good charger, at least get a charger from old device. Beware, blackberry charger are not really powerfull (but it's written on it) and stable but data cable are junk, resistance is quite high. Blackberry usb cable are junks (old one when they passed from mini usb to micro usb and new one, sold with blackberry 10 device)
For example I failed to boot a raspberry pi, using a genuine ipad 10W charger and a blackberry micro usb cable. In fact the ipad charger wasn't the first I tried but they all failed with that cable and other blackberry cable. Then I tried a fake noname micro usb cable... and it worked with any charger.
Why I have so much blackberry accessories is another problem but cable have his role and even genuine one can be junk.

Aukey and Tronsmart are ok for chinese brand, now I use an Aukey 5 usb port charger with quickcharge 2.0 because one of my phone can use it. Much more convenient than a power strip with many charger.
#3 (permalink)      1/20/2016 4:06:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
quarks
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 5904
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos9000
Thanks Zouave, good info to know. In fact, I was thinking of trying the fake apple style charger here, but now I guess I'll start sorting through the wife's old phone chargers, they probably are better than any cheap ones I would run into.