shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Modded AirFlow !
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/3/2014 9:17:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_dUb_
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos15
+1 details
Modded AirFlow !
Hey guys. If you have a drill, some sharp bits and are willing to drill very very slowly you can pimp your aqua!

I was trolling the youtubes and found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v37XJJ4ror0
(note he also shows you how to fix origin auto-fire)

I did this to mine but only after breaking bits and getting one in my thumb, vaping gets rough sometimes. I recommend new bits and go VERY slowly. If your drill bit starts to heat up stop and cool it. When it heats up it loses its sharpness quickly and you'll have to use another or be dumb and force it like me... into to my thumb.

I would post some pick of mine but its setup at the moment, after its dry i'll takes some picks.
#2 (permalink)      6/4/2014 3:01:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_dUb_
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 35
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos15
+1 details
First time posting picks here so lets see...

Here you can see how wide the deck air holes have made and also the side air holes have be made larger as well.

and the other side air holes

I add a few DT O-rings so I could have the hybrid connect out further due to battery rattle but stay snug. The switch adjustment for this wasn't long enough to suit my needs.

I roll with the coils higher than most and it works well.

Here it is all together. I prefer short DT's and this one fits tight on the aqua. Not tight enough to use it with juice control but tighter than all my other DT's.

It throws clouds!!!
#3 (permalink)      6/16/2014 12:40:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gandal
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2
+2 details
Nice looks good..
took me like 3 minutes to open airflow with my dremel and a diamond engraveing bit

blows clouds never burns or floods useing 30g a1 with cotton wick dual coil at 1.2 ohms pmma tank
on my modded vtr
These are the dremel bits they eat threw stainless like butter and come in all shapes n sizes

Edited on 6/16/2014 at 1:25 AM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      6/16/2014 12:54:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gandal
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2

#5 (permalink)      7/21/2014 2:21:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChummyBoy
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 1827
  • Reviews 164
  • Kudos1315
I'm used to drilling attys so after watching the video gave it a try. I didn't add holes on the opposite side but drilled both side holes to 5/64th and the chamber holes to 3/32. Modded the inner delrin pretty much like the vid to distribute the air evenly to both coils. I also didn't drill the chimney as it is already really close to 1/8th.
Results are great! I already loved the Aqua and now my modded one has a draw similar to the Fogger on fully-opened. Compared to my un-modded I get more clouds but flavor is lessened a touch. This is a fun modding for an already great atty. Thanks for linking the vid dUb.
Live, love and be happy.