shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Latest "Improvements" For Me Wicking
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/21/2015 7:50:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
+3 details
Latest "Improvements" For Me Wicking
Madame Lemo 2 although a tasty little number has been being a bit of an unbroken filly lately,

Dry hitting to be precise,

Here's what appears to have worked,

Full break down and clean

Under warm water reinvigorate the base and top cap gaskets

Dry gaskets and recesses they sit in thoroughly (trapped juice under may be raising the gasket enough to block the tank feeds)

Now for the wick,

Cut cotton into strip about 10mm wide and remove the top and bottom if it's Muji, if not narrow the strip a few mm

Don't over roll it, focus on getting it tubular but not twisted,

Twist one end to go through the coil and pull through,

Untwist the inserted end so the volume of the cotton increases near the coil and cut to leave about 7-10mm each side,

Now blow on the cotton ends to fluff them so they look cosmic :-)i.e two exploded cotton ends,

Now trim the top of each so they are just above the coil,

Wet them and push them back but not over tight,

Split the chimney and put the bottom section on and once on fan the wicks so they space out wall to wall,

Don't worry about the space at the front of the wick between the coil and the wall,

Put the rest back together and vape,

I've now got the best re-supply bubble I've ever seen in it and not had a dry one yet, early days but the bubble says it's gonna stay all good.

HTH and please add to this if you try it to say yae or nae.

#2 (permalink)      7/25/2015 12:50:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
Nope, another fail, I think now it's not the method it's the wick material or the glass seals altering consistency,

The tanks come with Organic cotton and the factory fit works real well, I use Muji which although the same stuff isn't quite, I'll be breaking out the supplied extra cotton soon and see if that confirms it or not,

Basically I'm still dry hitting after around 15 puffs requiring the fill hole to be opened to re-supply the wick, once I've watched the level drop I close it up again and the vape is brand new again.
#3 (permalink)      7/25/2015 1:00:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hartoled
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 13576
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos10970
+1 details
No idea what kind of coil you are using. I get best results, .75-1 ohm 26 gauge, spaced, 2.5mm, with these styles of tanks. If you are going for clouds, low ohms and max VG might mean you need to pulse your firing and slow your pace until it gets warmed up.

Oh...Organic Cotton Balls give me the best flavor in them. The random fibers seem to stay nice and wet.
KF4 Leaking? For a more secure seal, replace the o-ring #16 with one that is 1.5mm cross section. SKU 1536606 or SKU 1536607
#4 (permalink)      7/25/2015 1:26:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
You know what works for me? Wick wise?

I use the Japanese Muji. (Shiseido - Japanese Organic Cotton Facial Pads. $12 for 2 years supply )
cut a strip
take the top part off, sometimes, other times i dont-depends if i cut too thick or not
pull it down to the first deck
with a pair of scissors i cut it
but not up in the air for if you do that, when it lays down, the back parts will be shorter than the front
so with the wick pulled down, my scissors are sideways, horizontal if that make sense
so when i snip it
the fibers at the back, are exactly the same length, as the fibers at the front
(does that really make a difference? I dont know but i was taught that the first time i did a wick and have stuck to it)

cut it so it just touches the first deck
not hanging below, nor 1mm up, but just touching
take the end of a 26ga piece of wire
fluff up the ends so they arent all stuck together
and i put juice on and i literally STICK it to the wall so when it's stuck there, it lays right on the deck where the juice channels go
its not in the juice channels but it just sits on it so flattened out, it looks like a fan, a flat fan, but a fan nonetheless

throw the cap on and away i go and never a dry hit
i use 50/50

I guess everyone is different but I personally have found that the more i do it in a simple way, just as described, rather than spending 3 minutes getting it to to do this or that, they all work perfectly for me

i stopped having any leaking issues about a month ago, about the same time, I sort of had that aha moment, when all my coils would fit in the decks easily, when I could manage a dual coil without wanting to throw it out the window, when i no longer had to think about what i was doing.
In the beginning i had to overthink everything---but that's how i learned. But it wasn't a fun time learning.

Once i hit that spot and stopped overthinking it and just threw them in there, the only common thread I have in all of my wicks is that i never run wicks into the channels although everyone says to do so but when I do, I leak.like crazy.

Every wick of mine is tucked under, every single time.....but they are only cut right to the decks so when tucked under, they don't clog up the air holes and folded under they sit right on top of the juice channels and are touching it....this is the ONLY atty i do that i don't tuck it under but just flatten it into a fan shape against the wall right above the channels

Even Goblin Mini..20 hours later and not even one drop of condensation. Why? I think? No wicks IN channels :)
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#5 (permalink)      7/25/2015 1:39:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4598
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos4467
+1 details
Here it is a spaced 3mm coil, wicked with cellucotton, trimmed so that the top of the wick is longer than the bottom and just touches the deck when folded down. Ends fluffed up and when I have added the lower chimney, leave a gap above the juice channel by gently pushing the wick back towards the deck wall.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech
#6 (permalink)      7/25/2015 2:23:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
Think I've snagged it,

Overfilling was doing it, not enough air inside to keep the flow going I guess.
#7 (permalink)      7/25/2015 3:07:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
MotoBlue wrote:

Here it is a spaced 3mm coil, wicked with cellucotton, trimmed so that the top of the wick is longer than the bottom and just touches the deck when folded down. Ends fluffed up and when I have added the lower chimney, leave a gap above the juice channel by gently pushing the wick back towards the deck wall.

OOPS, that's what I meant, "trimmed so the top of the wick is longer than the bottom" as in graduated..think i typed it in backwards.......although I find it absolutely impossible to do all that in 4 sentences :)

Anyhow, hope you enjoy it and hope u got it...truly one of the best attys out there, at least in my opinion. I bought 3.

Overfilling. IF I am ever going to leak at all, that's why.
Since I have about 7 attys going at all times, every night before bed, I fill up the ones that need it and just to be 100% sure, I take each one off its mod and stand them up in a stand, air holes closed, and that way IF there is going to be any leaking at all from overdoing it, it does it without damaging my mod.
With any new atty, even getting a 3rd Lemo, I still watch them and likely always will.

I lost 2 istick 50watts from leaking when I was learning. ;(
Ultra careful now.

Hope u enjoy it!

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#8 (permalink)      7/25/2015 4:24:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos731
Ya dink space coils is da way to go touch all i taste is coil..no dry hit i dink it heats up fast if i put da coil to low to da airflow it sizzles.. Quite bad no taste
Peace

Edited on 7/25/2015 at 4:25 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      7/25/2015 6:51:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
Michelarm wrote:

Ya dink space coils is da way to go touch all i taste is coil..no dry hit i dink it heats up fast if i put da coil to low to da airflow it sizzles.. Quite bad no taste Peace

I've got one I've spaced, no difference tbh, the airlock thing isn't it either as it's just had me again, all I can think of now is something is stopping the juice getting to the wick rather than the wick not absorbing, cheers for the assist though.

#10 (permalink)      7/25/2015 7:18:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
Got another method to try, wicked it and conditioned the wicking in the coil Trippers fashion, bunny ears out of the top of the chimney, snip snip to leave 5mm each side, blow on it to fluff it, push it down dry (I've got these tweezers that have wide pads on the ends) wet it and wet it until you know it can't hold anymore, (bit I forgot was to make a channel in the cotton above the channels in the base) shucks! put it together,

See how it holds up, report back later.
#11 (permalink)      7/25/2015 7:39:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
c411um
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 2105
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos2048
What resistance and voltage? What coil and VG ratio?
There's stupid, and then there's Trump Derangement Syndrome stupid