shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Just some questions about airflow/AFC
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/30/2016 7:48:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvercircle
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 53
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos24
Just some questions about airflow/AFC
Just wondering how tight of a draw this atomizer allows.

I'm strictly MTL enjoying a tight draw. A Kayfun Lite+ or a Nautilus Mini are just about right for me, so does this Aqua allow a similar airflow when you close it down as tight as possible?

As far as I can see, the AFC works by just unscrewing the entire tank section a bit. In other reviews about Aqua tanks I've seen comments that this can lead to a somewhat "wobbly" upper tank section. Probably only an issue when the AFC is opened as far as possible and it looks like the SE is built in a similar way.

Also, what about building this with a single coil, closing one of the deck air holes with a small screw? In theory, this should further reduce the airyness of the tank.
#2 (permalink)      1/31/2016 2:46:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChrisMute
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 1123
  • Reviews 120
  • Kudos871
+1 details
It can be closed to be very tight and restrictive, but it will hamper the juice flow, at least with my build ( single coil 1ohm clapton usually run at 36w).
I normally open it two turns and thats very airy already compared to the V2 and without any restrictions in the draw. Flavor is very good and intense.

With a standard build i guess the juice flow will be sufficient.

Where it really shines is noise, or the lack of it, especially compared to the V2, which i love, despite sounding like Darth Vaders atty.

I would really like to see spare tank sections for it because i am afraid to scratch the metal tank section when outside, but I've read other Aqua tank assemblies should fit.
Might be my only reason for me to get the Aqua FX, glass tank Aqua, what's not to love...

Oh, no wobble with all my V2s or the SE, but YMMV.

But as you are MTL only, there might be Attys suited better for that task, IIRC the Wine or Tube should be nice for that. I don't own them (yet) but there are extensive threads around here.

Oh, and welcome to the FT forum :-)

Edited on 1/31/2016 at 2:47 AM. Reason:
The problem with with the above is that, from a thermodynamic perspective, a coil is not a bucket.
#3 (permalink)      1/31/2016 8:35:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvercircle
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 53
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos24
Thanks for the welcome :)

So basically this means when I close the AFC too much, I also close the juice control and risk dry hits?

Thing is, I'm looking for a good MTL tank with an airflow similar to a KFL+. Right now, the decision is between the UTA2 (clone from here which gets very good reviews), the Hurricane (again the clone is available here and reviews are looking good) and the Aqua SE. Main pro for the Aqua is its compact size, though the UTA 2 with the mini tank (included) and a shorter drip tip would be about the same length.

Since you're using single coil, did you close the 2nd air hole on the Aqua SE deck?

Oh, and another Q about the positive post insulator. Is this made of plastic or ceramic-like material?
#4 (permalink)      2/1/2016 2:52:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChrisMute
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 1123
  • Reviews 120
  • Kudos871
+1 details
Yes, i closed the second air hole with the supplied screw and stuffed the channels with cotton.
The insulator is ceramic, so don't tighten up the post too much.

BTW, i got my clone from another place due to a gigantic discount, but it seems to be the same as the one here.
It just screams quality!

KFL airflow i remember as being a bit tight for my liking, but you can easily adjust the SE to be that tight.
I don't think that the juice flow is cut off too much when the AFC is that tight, but it certainly is not enough to supply my build. But a 15-20w MTL build should be doable, the channels are pretty wide and deep.

But since i won't change my build anytime soon i hope someone can clarify on that, as well as on the other Attys you mentioned, which i unfortunately (both too Taifun-esque for my liking) don't have.
The problem with with the above is that, from a thermodynamic perspective, a coil is not a bucket.
#5 (permalink)      2/1/2016 11:13:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
silvercircle
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 53
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos24
Thanks again :)

Well, that all sounds fine and I guess I'll order both the UTA2 and this Aqua, the latter one would be my first dual coil capable atty. It's always good to have multiple options and the Aqua SE basically has everything I'm looking for. Compact size, full steel tank, easy to fill and an airflow that allows MTL.
#6 (permalink)      2/1/2016 1:03:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChrisMute
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 1123
  • Reviews 120
  • Kudos871
Glad i could help a bit :-)

Keep in mind its CNY soon and shipping will probably be slow afterwards but you can get up to 20% off with coupon code KUNGHEI . Just enter it in your shopping cart.

Feb 5-7 : 20% sitewide discount
Feb 8-14: 15% sitewide discount

Have fun with your new attys!