shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

My method to align coils with airflow.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/1/2016 11:16:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Barhoom
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos2487
+1 details
My method to align coils with airflow.
Firstly, you got to check how is placed the positive screw slot when you adjust the airflow hole, your coil and the engraving under the base (on mine the screw slot is aligned with the "BJ" engraving); so when you assemble all the parts together (don't tighten the deck part too much), you just have to unscrew a bit the positive screw aligning its slot on your landmark, and then the taste is very good, even with horizontal coils and original drip tip.

But for those who have not purchased it yet, this atty has been overhyped; OBS Crius V3, Geekvape Griffin, or Zephyrus V2 are, IMAO, a better deal.

Edited on 1/3/2016 at 11:25 AM. Reason:
Reversing the nature, the order of things, is not evolution; it's only corruption.
#2 (permalink)      1/8/2016 1:08:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nailseayts
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 10798
  • Reviews 502
  • Kudos13576
Got mine today and the air hole to coil position is way off. Had a clone deck that was about 10 deg off, the authentic would line up between the air holes. You can swap out the o ring for a thicker one which helps but still not quite right. Its odd because my ss version with 3 post deck is spot on.

This is my go to atty now, after drilling the juice holes in the deck to 2mm each, give it a go and see the difference in wicking time and vape quality!

I just swaped the 3 post deck from my ss and it lines up perfectly, tried the 2 post in the one i swapped out and it lines up perfectly aswell. Im tired so will double check tomorrow, been a long week!

Edited on 1/8/2016 at 3:27 PM. Reason:
Always go full potato!
#3 (permalink)      1/8/2016 1:35:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Barhoom
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos2487
I just received the Crius V3, and it's really good, flavor is excellent, easy wiring, wicking, refilling, juice flow control, so this one will remain in the drawer for now !
Reversing the nature, the order of things, is not evolution; it's only corruption.
#4 (permalink)      1/8/2016 3:18:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jonsin
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 929
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos383
+2 details
Barhoom wrote:

But for those who have not purchased it yet, this atty has been overhyped; OBS Crius V3, Geekvape Griffin, or Zephyrus V2 are, IMAO, a better deal.

hmm weird. Ok i dont bought the authentic. I bought one silver 6ml and black 3ml nice clone and with the velo deck this RDTA is the best Vape you can get. its like a velocity with squonker. Awesome brutal clouds and flavor with easy to build vertical coils. I use awg26.

funny that you mentioned at the end the Atomizers which the people has the most problems with it.

UD Zephyrus = cheap insulator like all other UD RTA's, Burn when using TC.Billow the same. see pbussardos burn through

Crius = Airflow faker, only for mtl kayfun vapers. Nothing serious, no flavor, no air

ok the griffin is not bad.A friend has one. But the Steam crave beats them all imho. Easy build, easy wick with the best deck on the market. Fantastic flavor and sick ass clouds. never go dry or leak. IMHO my best Tank in the horde actual.

Edited on 1/8/2016 at 3:19 PM. Reason:
**A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer***
#5 (permalink)      1/8/2016 4:07:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tonypp
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2617
  • Reviews 210
  • Kudos1660
Nailseayts wrote:

Got mine today and the air hole to coil position is way off. Had a clone deck that was about 10 deg off, the authentic would line up between the air holes. You can swap out the o ring for a thicker one which helps but still not quite right. Its odd because my ss version with 3 post deck is spot on.This is my go to atty now, after drilling the juice holes in the deck to 2mm each, give it a go and see the difference in wicking time and vape quality!I just swaped the 3 post deck from my ss and it lines up perfectly, tried the 2 post in the one i swapped out and it lines up perfectly aswell. Im tired so will double check tomorrow, been a long week!

Just wondering, does your authentic deck fit your clone?
Nevermind. Just realised you got a clone deck for your OG, not a clone tank.

Edited on 1/8/2016 at 4:16 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      1/9/2016 2:50:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Barhoom
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos2487
Jonsin wrote:

...Crius = Airflow faker, only for mtl kayfun vapers. Nothing serious, no flavor, no air...

Ok, I don't know where you saw that, but airflow is as airy than it can be, absolutely not for MTL; and I don't like wide open airflow, even on my drippers, but a bit restrictive, so i adjust it 1/4 open on the Crius. About the flavor, it's excellent, as the Big Tank that it's for me, one of the best for flavor. About TC, I don't use it, just my old good simple micro-coil, and sometimes, Clapton coils. Anyway, if you i like the Aromamizer vape, so, go for it !

Edited on 1/10/2016 at 1:32 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      1/9/2016 8:57:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nailseayts
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 10798
  • Reviews 502
  • Kudos13576
Double checked this morning and the OG 2 post doesnt line up with the airholes. Sits perfectly between the holes. I think some one at steam crave has fucked up! My clone deck lines up perfectly so will order a few more!

FU STEAM CRAVE !!!
Always go full potato!
#8 (permalink)      1/9/2016 9:06:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7920
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11923
The fist one I got was the same way. The second I got was perfect, so yeah.....

FU STEAM CRAVE :D even if I did find a work around
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#9 (permalink)      1/11/2016 3:23:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
brokeguy
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 61
  • Kudos5
+1 details
easy fix takes less thank 10 mins sanding method
https://youtu.be/Nxbjv4VrttM
#10 (permalink)      1/11/2016 4:18:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Long_tom1
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 834
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos483
The airflow holes on these aren't supposed to line up with your coils that was one part of the design I think. The air hole position is supposed to create a vortex effect(like the aromamizer dripper) inside the chamber and give better flavour. If you line up 2 of the air holes with the coils the other 2 will be partially blocked by the deck posts and be useless

Edited on 1/11/2016 at 4:21 PM. Reason:
Vapin stoopid is just natural selection in progress. Remember no matter where you go there you are.
#11 (permalink)      1/11/2016 4:57:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nailseayts
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 10798
  • Reviews 502
  • Kudos13576
Thats the idea when only using 2 holes? This wont create a vortex and if it does then it will still vape shite! Cant stand the vape of that style atty, makes me cough like fuck and taste is muted. Direct to coil airflow give great flavor and even with the deck posts in the way of the holes it still gets tons of airflow with all 4 holes open, ive had mine upto 150 watts and flavor is epic! Even if the vape is like french kissing a dragon!
Always go full potato!