shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Board gone wild!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.
Thread Tools Rate This Thread


Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      9/15/2016 1:52:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randallwhiz
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1980
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos847
Vapor wrote:

OP Don't you need to desolder for disassembly? I opened mine up when I first got and kinda recall desolder was the only way for a complete disassembly...



Just like this...you do know after you bust into these things, that probably nullifies any warranty, right?

#22 (permalink)      9/15/2016 2:24:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Vapor
Member
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25192
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20285
Randallwhiz wrote:

Vapor wrote:
OP Don't you need to desolder for disassembly? I opened mine up when I first got and kinda recall desolder was the only way for a complete disassembly...

Just like this...you do know after you bust into these things, that probably nullifies any warranty, right?



If you say so... Would be hard to say if a device was opened without safety seal...

“And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?…Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble”
#23 (permalink)      9/15/2016 4:44:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
rangermsr
Member
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7920
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11928

"Occasional leak"???



^LOL...That doesn't constitute abuse, thats the nature of these things. Vape much???

If a device isn't designed properly to allow an occasional leak without catastrophic failure then that device is a fail. I personally would just write it off and move on, but I would never trust that company again, meaning I would never buy anything else from them as they obviously don't know shit about vaping. I would also warn anyone else to stay away :P

I have two pico's, and they are tough. A little leakage hasn't hurt them at all.

Sounds like the OP needs to RMA

unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#24 (permalink)      9/15/2016 10:23:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
patrico1112
Member
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2138
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1961
if rma doesn't work here's a cheap fix pico board

Edited on 9/15/2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      9/16/2016 1:56:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randallwhiz
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1980
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos847
rangermsr wrote:

"Occasional leak"???

^LOL...That doesn't constitute abuse, thats the nature of these things. Vape much???

If a device isn't designed properly to allow an occasional leak without catastrophic failure then that device is a fail. I personally would just write it off and move on, but I would never trust that company again, meaning I would never buy anything else from them as they obviously don't know shit about vaping. I would also warn anyone else to stay away :P

I have two pico's, and they are tough. A little leakage hasn't hurt them at all.

Sounds like the OP needs to RMA



Yeah, op, said occasionally. So, with how people here fib, you have to figure it's probably multiple MLS every day. Do you seriously think someone deserves a refund on an electronic item they used for THREE MONTHS? Self entitled little punks. Leaving multiple tanks with juice on multiple mods overnight is NOT taking care of your shit, & from the pics everyone boasts here, apparently y'all think that's not bad for the mod. Take care of your shit. Period. If you did, the mutherfucker would last more than 3 months.

#26 (permalink)      9/16/2016 2:03:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randallwhiz
Member
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1980
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos847
I've got an original 20w istick, has to be close to a year old now, that works perfectly fine because I know how to take care of my shit. Hell, I got a working gripper 6 volt from 2012 in my drawer that works, too. Vape much? Dec 1, 2010. Quit date.
#27 (permalink)      9/16/2016 8:59:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
cobalt327
Member
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2133
  • Reviews 105
  • Kudos1141
yep. You da man
( . Y . )
#28 (permalink)      9/16/2016 9:13:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
ShelaghStone
Member
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
Randallwhiz wrote:

I've got an original 20w istick, has to be close to a year old now, that works perfectly fine because I know how to take care of my shit. Hell, I got a working gripper 6 volt from 2012 in my drawer that works, too. Vape much? Dec 1, 2010. Quit date.





Got several from 2014 that still work.

But.....they are all mods that had Nautilus attys on top which never leak at all.
( as I suspect most of yours might be)

Find some attys will be leak underneath if left for too long on top of a mod without usage, with rebuilt coils, etc.
Sure, everyone will tell you theirs doesn't but leave 'em long enough and there is often a ring of condensation underneath.
For that reason I dont leave attys sitting on top of unused or rarely used mods nowadays.

Have 2 Picos.
My black one, the one i use more is about 3 months old.
Its starting to act up with TC/SS.
Has done so for about a month.
Not horrible, I still use it but every once in awhile no matter the SS atty I put on top will start to show errors.
Put that same atty on top of any other mod and none show.
Take attys from other mods without problems, put them on top of that black pico and errors show.
Still only needs a few seconds to fix but.........I dont think this Pico will last a year.

But for $30 i dont care.
Id still buy another one if it only lasted 3 months IF i needed one.


Edited on 9/16/2016 at 9:32 AM. Reason: typos
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#29 (permalink)      9/16/2016 9:17:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
joaopra
Member
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 4796
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos4103
Randallwhiz wrote:

I've got an original 20w istick, has to be close to a year old now, that works perfectly fine because I know how to take care of my shit. Hell, I got a working gripper 6 volt from 2012 in my drawer that works, too. Vape much? Dec 1, 2010. Quit date.



My sister also keeps using my old istick 20W as well, still going strong !

Using "regulation" as poorly disguised prohibition is criminal. Vaping is not smoking, reduces harm and saves lives.
#30 (permalink)      9/16/2016 10:36:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
Vapor
Member
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25192
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20285
+1 details
Pico Updated Delivery Day: Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Working perfectly used daily and it has been abused...

That said I have known how to treat a tactile switch long before I vaped, and am always careful with the 510 connection...

Leave my attys on devices all the time and always have... Then again the juice is not watered down with PG...


Edited on 9/16/2016 at 10:41 AM. Reason:
“And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?…Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble”
#31 (permalink)      9/16/2016 3:12:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Avatar
rangermsr
Member
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7920
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11928
+2 details

I've got an original 20w stick, has to be close to a year old now, that works perfectly fine because I know how to take care of my shit.



Well, it's likelier that you got a good unit to start, even if you do pamper them :P Odds are we will get good devices, but there's always a percentage that will be bad due to mass production. It's simply the nature of electronic components... no abuse required :)

I have an SVD that is the same. Works great even now, and I don't give a fuck about 'taking care' of it. In other words, I haven't had the misfortune of dropping it in water, running over it, etc.( in which case it would be expected to fail ) It just works like it's suppose too 'within reasonable perimeters of use'... like I expect for my money. Nothing magic about it.

Vape gear is a tool for me. I've never been one to make fashion statements with such, or OCD about the way I treat it. If it can't do the job, I'll find one that does. In this case, the pico has been stellar. I use this tool to fit my lifestyle, and it has exceeded expectations. I'm quite impressed with it @ 25 bux. I always leave my atty attached ready to go. I lay it on it's side , upside down, bouncing in my pocket on tractors, mowers, climbing ladders, etc. with no leaks or fails. The only times I've had leaks was when I used a crap atty, or I top filled without turning the JFC off...shit happens, and again if that was all it took to kill it, I wouldn't own another.

There have been reports of bad units with the pico. At least here, FT will do whats right, and send out a replacement. Thats more than a lot of others that sell out of vape shops will do, and the reason I don't buy from them.

From the Op's description, it sounds like a bad board. OP deserves a working device.

Oh, and I started march 2010 with my last cig mid June of the same year. I have tons of shit, and as rough as I am, have never had a failure with exception of a bad board. Thats why I have more mech's than regulated stuff...they are more reliable.

unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment