shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Paint...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/4/2017 8:31:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25355
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20437
+1 details
Paint...
Received one of these today... The very first thing I did was attach an atty to check the 510 and managed to scratch some of the paint off the battery cap... removed way to easy... My guess is the rest of the paint won't last long... On a bright note the 510 is solid and under the paint is very nice chrome...
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#2 (permalink)      1/4/2017 8:35:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
verynice
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1435
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos1505
+1 details
Did you flash it with AF yet? At least the finish underneath is chrome!
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -huxley
#3 (permalink)      1/4/2017 8:40:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25355
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20437
verynice wrote:

Not just yet... Suddenly fell under the weather last night... Amazing it took this long, have been around so many ill people the last few weeks... Got as far as loading Windows 7 in VB along with the extension pack... Running into a few snags... One even when set for bi directional clipboard/drag and drop no dice... Will go back after it when I'm back up to par...

We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#4 (permalink)      1/4/2017 8:59:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
verynice
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1435
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos1505
+1 details
Vapor wrote:

verynice wrote:

Not just yet... Suddenly fell under the weather last night... Amazing it took this long, have been around so many ill people the last few weeks... Got as far as loading Windows 7 in VB along with the extension pack... Running into a few snags... One even when set for bi directional clipboard/drag and drop no dice... Will go back after it when I'm back up to par...

Good luck. If you're trying to transfer the files to the win7 machine I would recommend instead just installing git (on the guest), copying the .git link from the repository, doing "git clone (link)" and then opening the folder it creates. When it updates you can just do "git pull" when in that folder and whammo!

e: I'm implying do all this within the win7 guest, just to be clear, it makes it easier

wait.... why aren't the compiled aproms in the repo? well this procedure will work with myevic but not AF, their repository is private and they only expose the compiled binary and RU/EN readmes :/

Edited on 1/4/2017 at 9:09 PM. Reason:
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -huxley
#5 (permalink)      1/4/2017 9:28:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jabz_
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 506
  • Reviews 195
  • Kudos191
+1 details
Yup, my black pico got chipped on day one, has a few more now despite being kept in a silicone case 99% of the time Ive owned it. Paint on it is seriously weak, so much so. I use my SS one a lot more, the black one usually sits.

Saying that, I recently got a pico squeeze in grey, seems to have that tough as nails paint finish as the VTC mini so it appears theyre improving.. Hopefully!
#6 (permalink)      1/4/2017 9:30:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
verynice
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1435
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos1505
Jabz_ wrote:

Yup, my black pico got chipped on day one, has a few more now despite being kept in a silicone case 99% of the time Ive owned it. Paint on it is seriously weak, so much so. I use my SS one a lot more, the black one usually sits.

Saying that, I recently got a pico squeeze in grey, seems to have that tough as nails paint finish as the VTC mini so it appears theyre improving.. Hopefully!

I'm seriously considering a SS one when the next sale rolls around, I'll just put the shipment on hold until March or so hehehe