shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Dry hits! I'm sure mine has much smaller juice flow holes than on youtube reviews and google images!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      2/28/2017 8:22:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1020
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos791
After searching for a day I decided to order some online from Texas Beauty Supply for $12. After it arrived my GF said I could have purchased it 2 blocks away at a beauty supply store next to Kroger.

So I suggest you task your wife/GF/sister (ect) to hunt down some locally. In the US CelluCotton has replaced sponge, cotton, and paper in most beauty salons and someone in your area should know where to purchase it. Just make sure it is # 44060 because the other blended types are not 100% rayon and don’t wick as well.
#22 (permalink)      2/28/2017 8:49:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 148
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
logidog wrote:

After searching for a day I decided to order some online from Texas Beauty Supply for $12. After it arrived my GF said I could have purchased it 2 blocks away at a beauty supply store next to Kroger.

So I suggest you task your wife/GF/sister (ect) to hunt down some locally. In the US CelluCotton has replaced sponge, cotton, and paper in most beauty salons and someone in your area should know where to purchase it. Just make sure it is # 44060 because the other blended types are not 100% rayon and don’t wick as well.

@logidog, if you were addressing me, I already knew that Sally's Beauty Supply shops are everywhere in the US. But Taifix isn't in the US, which is why the cost is so much higher. That's why I suggested Amazon.co.uk as a possible source, along with the different item #s for the same product. It's the same thing, but the product is measured by the meter rather than by the foot.

I currently have plenty of Fiber Freaks Cellulose pads, but when I run out I'll get a box of Rayon. I do have Cotton Core Ekowool to try out in various diameters. I've never tried silica before, so I'm curious how it'll work out. tbh, I have no idea if I need to boil it like regular silica. I've not been able to find any info on the topic. If anyone has any experience with Ekowool, please let me know.

#23 (permalink)      3/1/2017 12:22:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
It is usually no problem to get stuff here in Europe. It just varies a bit from country to country.
I have polish roots and also lived in Germany. Now I´m living in Norway.
In Germany and Poland I get most stuff without any trouble, but ordering directly from the US or Canada is much too expensive. So you need a vendor who sells imported stuff.

I have good access to flavours from TPA, CAP, FW and get them very cheap from Poland.
Also Flavourart and of course Inawera is very cheap to get.
It is no problem to get "cheap" nicotine base in Germany, but "cheap" is not always good!
In Norway it is very hard to get bigger amounts of base, but there is a way if there is a will :-)

Anyway, I mix my nicotine bases by myself. So I buy PG and VG and add pure nicotin.
This is the only way to be sure that you have clean stuff (no unwanted "adds" and the right nicotine in high quality). This cut down my costs for Nic Base by 70%.
The only thing about it is to know what you are dealing with :-)

Edited on 3/1/2017 at 12:44 PM. Reason:
#24 (permalink)      3/1/2017 12:51:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27281
90% of the time, if you're getting dry hits in an RTA, it's not the liquid, and it's not the design of the tank.

I don't have one of these, but I guarantee you it will still work with MAX VG liquids.

The VAST majority of the time, if you're getting dry hits from a tank like this, it's because you didn't leave any space for air to travel back into the tank after your puffs. Almost all RTAs like this rely on a vacuum inside the tank to work properly. That vacuum has to only be supported by the surface tension of the liquid to work properly. If the wick seals the juice holes completely, and won't allow any air bubbles into the tank after your puffs, then the vacuum inside the tank will prevent the liquid from saturating your wicks.

Best thing to do is wick your deck, and then use a small paperclip, or res. wire, to poke an air passage or 2 along the outside edge of the wick, through the juice holes.

My Fogger v6, and my v1 Silverplay atties were great examples of this issue too. They, like this atty, have very little clearance around the chimney sections, against the inside of the tanks, for juice to pass down to the juice holes, but they still wick fine for me using MAX VG liquids. Filling can be a bit of a PITA still though.

Edited on 3/1/2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#25 (permalink)      3/1/2017 1:25:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
@johnny_469 Interesting - I will try that!
#26 (permalink)      3/1/2017 2:22:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
I tried it out now - it´s leaking like a woman :-)

Edited on 3/1/2017 at 2:23 PM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      3/1/2017 2:24:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27281
Taifix wrote:

I tried it out now - it´s leaking like a woman :-)

Means the airways you made were too big ;-)

Balance Daniel San.

There only needs to be a place where the bubbles can pass easily enough, not an actual, open gap. At least you proved that the space between the tank and chimney is still adequate. ;-P

Edited on 3/1/2017 at 2:26 PM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#28 (permalink)      3/1/2017 2:34:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
Hehe :-)
Ok - you mean airways on both holes with the size of a needle maybe?
It reminds me a bit of the Avocado 24, although that one works different.
#29 (permalink)      3/1/2017 2:37:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27281
+1 details
Taifix wrote:

Hehe :-)
Ok - you mean airways on both holes with the size of a needle maybe?
It reminds me a bit of the Avocado 24, although that one works different.

Pretty much the same concept ;-)

Yes, I use a pair of fine needle tip tweezers to do it myself. I use the sharp tips of them to create a tiny open space for each juice hole on such atties, but I then also go back over the wick with the tweezer tips, and try to lightly fan out the wick ends again so the hole I made visually looks to have closed up, or at least very close to so. If I had to guess, the amount of space a 33-34awg wire would make would be more than adequate.

Edited on 3/1/2017 at 2:38 PM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#30 (permalink)      3/1/2017 2:46:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4782
+1 details
you gotta find taht happy medium amount of cotton that doesn't allow the liquid to leak through to your air holes, but not too tight that the cotton chokes itself out.
#31 (permalink)      3/1/2017 7:45:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
Ok - cool, that´s very good for me to know - not especially for the Ammit as I have no dry hits at all, but very good for other attys...

@johnny_469 WOW !!! I just went threw ALL your reviews here and see that you ordered some interesting drip tips which I´ve never seen on FT before. The best of the best will go right in da cart with my next order. Thank you for that!

I´m happy to see some people writing here, as the discussions on this very popular atty are somehow like dead. That´s at least my impression. So it´s very nice that something happens.

I have now some further plans with the Engine Mini and Engine Nano (still waiting for both).
I´m planning a ceramic block for the Engine Mini and want to compare with the Nano.
So I hope to meet you there :-)

High appreciations from my side to JessVapin here who brought me to the idea to use a ceramic block from the Avocado for this project!

Edited on 3/2/2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: