shopping cart empty
Calling all Aussies
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/3/2015 2:29:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeJay
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
Calling all Aussies
Has anyone gotten this Laser SKU 1443100 TD-BP-120 450NM Blue Laser Pointer into Australia.
I have posted this questing in existing threads before, but I am hoping to hear from a fellow countryman (Aussie)with information if they have successfully had one of these Lasers delivered into Australia. I have looked up Australian Customs Laser Laws and it does state on page 7 of the PDF any laser above 1mW are not aloud into the country. I have personally gotten 3 x 5mW laser pointers into Australia with no problems. I do understand that this could be FT's packaging and labelling. so, back to the question. Has any Australians gotten this Laser delivered to them in Australia?
I don't want to spend $165+ dollars and have it confiscated.
Thanks VapeJay.
P.S. I have no plans on aiming it at plane, playing with cats or being irresponsible with it in any way. I just want to burn stuff and have another thing that has no purpose.
If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.
#2 (permalink)      8/3/2015 2:58:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dnos27
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
$1.00 rebate earned+1 details
Hey bud, From N.Z but have the same law.
I have personally had 1 of 2 lasers stopped at customs with a very nasty letter and a warning of imprisonment if used inappropriately. Apparently friends in Brisbane are legally allowed to import them for 'Astronomy' related usage but are restricted to non focus-able lens with a maximum of 1W/1000mw. they had to apply with a detailed report on its absolute necessity as a tool for their astronomy club.(WHICH DOESN'T EXIST) Cannot recall the govt agency they dealt with.. Have a google. . Goodluck though they are cool as F**K

Edited on 8/3/2015 at 3:01 AM. Reason: Anal fissure.
#3 (permalink)      8/3/2015 3:19:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeJay
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
thank You Dnos27. Most helpful. Would you like to join my newly formed international astronomy club.
Vapejay.
#4 (permalink)      8/3/2015 3:19:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_n64.
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos40
$0.50 rebate earned+1 details
VapeJay there's 99.9% chance of the laser being seized by customs. The only luck I've had in importing any lasers (since the mid-to-late 2000s anyway) is by buying laser modules and building my own. You're allowed to bring any laser module into the country - as far as I'm aware the law only refers to handheld lasers. I've bought many laser modules over the years and never had any issues.

As for laser modules on FastTech, there aren't any really powerful ones. I've got a few 150mW green lasers that burn, so I wouldn't recommend you getting any laser much more powerful than 200mW, you just don't really need it. Goggles are a must, lasers capable of burning can absolutely damage vision.

I'd look on [removed] for a green laser module with a power output of ~200mW

Hope I answered your question. Take care mate.

Mod (jenny) edited on 8/4/2015 at 9:10 PM. Reason: please avoid advertising xompetitor's site
#5 (permalink)      8/3/2015 3:35:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeJay
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
+1 details
Thank you _N64. Great Advice. I do understand the importance of Safety. I really appreciate your input.
#6 (permalink)      8/3/2015 3:37:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
_n64.
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos40
All good mate, take care and hope you can get a great laser!
#7 (permalink)      8/4/2015 8:18:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
smok_king
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 2167
  • Reviews 180
  • Kudos1076
I tested the water n is good.
Came through to gold coast.
But mine was only 50nm/red
Apparently all colors are good except red.

Edited on 8/4/2015 at 8:23 AM. Reason:
JOYETECH IS BEST
#8 (permalink)      8/4/2015 8:21:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 27028
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos51849
http://i.imgur.com/fKSQtVA.jpg..........You self made victims crack me up. =D
#9 (permalink)      8/4/2015 8:22:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
smok_king
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 2167
  • Reviews 180
  • Kudos1076
But yours is 450nm n its blue.
My prediction is 90% good.
Let us know if you are going ahead with it.
BTW which state are you in?
JOYETECH IS BEST
#10 (permalink)      8/4/2015 7:40:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapeJay
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 36
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
+1 details
Vert interesting Vid Clip Viking65, Thank you.

I am a gambling man but I am not sure if I am comfortable gambling $165+ for this. I will see if I brave up in time.

Thanks for your feedback Smok_king. I will let you know if I go ahead with an order in the future.

I live in SA.
#11 (permalink)      8/31/2015 7:01:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tania.chch
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
VapeJay wrote:

Has anyone gotten this Laser SKU 1443100 TD-BP-120 450NM Blue Laser Pointer into Australia.I have posted this questing in existing threads before, but I am hoping to hear from a fellow countryman (Aussie)with information if they have successfully had one of these Lasers delivered into Australia. I have looked up Australian Customs Laser Laws and it does state on page 7 of the PDF any laser above 1mW are not aloud into the country. I have personally gotten 3 x 5mW laser pointers into Australia with no problems. I do understand that this could be FT's packaging and labelling. so, back to the question. Has any Australians gotten this Laser delivered to them in Australia? I don't want to spend $165+ dollars and have it confiscated. Thanks VapeJay.P.S. I have no plans on aiming it at plane, playing with cats or being irresponsible with it in any way. I just want to burn stuff and have another thing that has no purpose.

No plans playing with cats? What the #!? Last week I was vacuuming and out of nowhere the cat starts going crazy leaping and dancing around the room. Turns out the sun was hitting my watch face making a light show on the carpet. Surely that's one of life's joys? - Of course vacuuming was temporarily suspended while I just played with the cat! Why else would you spend $165± on a laser if not to play with the cat?