shopping cart empty
Trump
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:06:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 6223
  • Reviews 187
  • Kudos23220
+7 details
When I lived in Germany I volunteered in a refugee camp, once a week. It's basically people living with their family in one-room houses, or sharing two room apartments with another family. Looked horrible to me. Who would wanna live like that?

Every refugee I spoke to told me the exact same thing: this is better than where I ran away from, because it's safer.

No matter what anyone feels about refugees, asylum-seekers and even those who just want to risk everything for the chance of a better life...if a civilized country can't even, as a bare minimum, offer safety to people who need it, that country's not a civilized country.

The "richest country in the world" is now building "tent cities" for the children they're gonna rip away from their family in the future. Every 30 minutes a child is separated from their parents.

No matter how you feel about immigration, immigrants, etc...this is simply unneeded. And pure evil.
#32 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:07:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 8700
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos13183
+1 details

I'm of the opinion that EVERYONE needs to apply to immigrate legally without exception. I don't condone illegal aliens.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#33 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:07:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 17309
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos15533
+3 details
Moldy wrote:

gph61 wrote:
Moldy edited to add: "The Democrats are preventing any change the Republicans want to make to existing immigration and border law. The President is well within his mandate to enforce the existing law."

It appears you are in favour of this hostage taking policy to fund a campaign lie about Mexico paying for a wall.

Not at all! I just support strong border law. I'm of the opinion that EVERYONE needs to apply to immigrate legally without exception. I don't condone illegal aliens.

Then why are you claiming the following?

"The Democrats are preventing any change the Republicans want to make to existing immigration and border law."

That's the hostage taking narrative. The repubs under Trump starting taking hostages for "big beautiful wall" congressional votes as per Trump himself.

#34 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:09:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1566
  • Reviews 162
  • Kudos1561
airwinny wrote:

Every 30 minutes a child is separated from their parents.

"Every 30 minutes a child is illegally smuggled across the border."

Fixed that for you.

#35 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:10:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 17309
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos15533
+3 details
Moldy wrote:

gph61 wrote:
Who is going to pay for the wall?

Mexico!

I can't hear you!

Mexico!!!

Trump already has the funding budgeted. The money is there. I guess you missed that.

Then his claim to make Mexico pay for it was another lie?

#36 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:12:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1566
  • Reviews 162
  • Kudos1561
+1 details
gph61 wrote:

"The Democrats are preventing any change the Republicans want to make to existing immigration and border law."

That's the hostage taking narrative. The repubs under Trump starting taking hostages for "big beautiful wall" congressional votes as per Trump himself.

The only claim I'm making is that illegal aliens should be detained and sent packing. If they have a legitimate refugee claim then they can use the legal channels to have their claim heard. Otherwise they go to jail and get deported. You can take from that whatever you want.

Edited on 6/18/2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason:
#37 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:12:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3772
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3272
+2 details
What’s Really Happening When Asylum-Seeking Families Are Separated? An expert on helping parents navigate the asylum process describes what she’s seeing on the ground.

Gabriel Malor an attorney and conservative writer breaks this entire thing down

Is family separation terrible? Yes, it is.
Does the Trump administration have a blanket policy of separating families? No, it does not.
Adults caught crossing *illegally* with their children are being separated.
Those who show up at a port of entry to seek asylum are not.

VERY important distinction....

Details matter, and from what I can see people are playing very fast and loose with the details.
Trump's policy is 100% prosecution for those caught crossing illegally.
Showing up at a port of entry asking for admittance to seek asylum is not illegal, however.

Trump's 100% prosecution policy for illegal border crossers is where the family separation comes from.
Port of entry parolees or admits w/referral to removal proceedings are not resulting in family separation.

Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#38 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:14:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 17309
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos15533
+2 details
Moldy wrote:

gph61 wrote:

The only claim I'm making is that illegal aliens should be detained and send packing. They broke the law. If they have a legitimate refugee claim then they can use the legal channels to have their claim heard. Otherwise they go to jail and get deported.

That seems perfectly reasonable. I'm glad to see you don't support hostage taking for money to pay for a wall that Mexico was supposed to pay for.

#39 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:14:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3772
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3272
+1 details
Details matter..

Lots of people are just lazy about this and shorthanding the description of these migrants as "asylum-seekers." That's partially accurate, but incomplete.
The ones subject to family separation are those who crossed illegally and only sought asylum when they got caught.

In other words, don’t break the law now and ask for help LATER

That's a distinct group, subject to different immigration and criminal laws, than the group of asylum-seekers who show up at a port of entry and seek admittance.

An example of asylum-seekers who showed up at a port of entry and sought admittance for the purpose of seeking asylum would be those folks who were part of the big "caravan" in April and May.

They were allowed entry without family separation. See, e.g., Dozens more from caravan let into US to plead for asylum

One additional thought to add to this thread: even though it's called zero tolerance or 100% prosecution, that's not quite accurate either.

Reports are that those caught crossing illegally can voluntarily return to where they came from w/o prosecution and family separation.

Exactly. So if they really want to keep their family together, they could. They could return TOGETHER and come back the correct way TOGETHER.

Facts matter...

#40 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:15:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3772
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3272

Edited on 6/18/2018 at 12:23 PM. Reason: dbl
#41 (permalink)      6/18/2018 12:16:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1566
  • Reviews 162
  • Kudos1561
+2 details
kun6fukun7 wrote:

What’s Really Happening When Asylum-Seeking Families Are Separated? An expert on helping parents navigate the asylum process describes what she’s seeing on the ground.

Gabriel Malor an attorney and conservative writer breaks this entire thing down

Is family separation terrible? Yes, it is.
Does the Trump administration have a blanket policy of separating families? No, it does not.
Adults caught crossing *illegally* with their children are being separated.
Those who show up at a port of entry to seek asylum are not.

Great read! But nobody here will accept the reality of the situation, kun6fukun7.