shopping cart empty
Brexit Chaos
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      7/10/2018 12:10:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 14161
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos16951
+1 details
boris in typical form has shit out on the situation he was instrumental in bringing about, the tories might make him leader as a stooge to take the rap when the effects kick in as May is a chocolate radiator I hope he's in number 10 when the mob burns it down....

and yup Britain voted for Brexit that much is a done deal and the EU is fucking the UK as it said it would, now they find out what life is like outside the EU...might be better might be worse, I know what I think but one thing is a sure as shit the Brexiteers ain't gonna get the 'green and septic isle' they bought into.

The fact that the tories and May in particular are rattling round like a fart in a colander doesn't help, EU members who felt the UK was the US proxy within the EU wont be sad to see the UK go, geography makes the UK an easy border to police (not like the German/French border for example) so customs duties etc will stand.
No more booze and ciggy runs to Calais.
Wonder how much tory MPs money has fled the country already.

One thing is for deffo if the UK decides it wants to join again in the future they'd best have the Vasaline to hand.
#22 (permalink)      7/10/2018 1:18:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 9110
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos24716
+1 details
What's the worst that could happen...?
#23 (permalink)      7/10/2018 3:05:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
F.Y.I.
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 1980
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos11136
+7 details
One of the saddest things about the Brexit discussion as it is so often held is that it sets Europeans against one another as if a dislike of the institution of the EU has to in some way translate to a dislike for Europe as a continent, or more often for a dislike of its member nations besides Britain. I'm British. I fucking love Europe, and this, quite frankly, pisses me right off.

Europe as a group of individual countries is a varied, beautiful, and fascinating place which deserves to have the sovereignty of its member nations respected, so long as we don't start doing evil stuff like invading our neighbours, aiding terrorists, or starting nuclear wars.

Anyone who takes the time and mental effort to look (I mean seriously look without party-political or other ideological blinkers) at the institution of the European Union should be able to see that that it is a bloated federalist self-serving would-be super-state which cares mainly about aggregating as much power to itself as it can get away with, and not about protecting the quality of life of the populations which have been falling increasingly under its control.

Dan Hannan puts it better than I ever could...

Edited on 7/10/2018 at 3:07 AM. Reason:
“Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.” - Alan Wilson Watts
#24 (permalink)      7/10/2018 3:12:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mickd
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 4639
  • Reviews 158
  • Kudos12577
+2 details
^^^^

Well said.

HELP FOR HEROES. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
#25 (permalink)      7/10/2018 4:27:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
emiliana
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 6417
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6323
+3 details
FYI.. very well said.

I don't know too much about what goes on with the negotiations in England. But we are also "outside" of the union. It does not help much.
Our country voted NO twice.. but still our politicians are taking us "in".. We vote for local politicians, but still some people in an office..somewhere.. are making up the rules for us. We have not voted for them. Not the majority of us anyway.
Left or right doesn't seem to matter much either.
What did this union start out as.. a few countries cooperating about tax and trade..? And what is it now.. It's hard not to see it as a mafia.
It's sad to say this England.. but being outside is nothing like freedom.
It was a hope for us when England voted out.. that the "outsiders" could together be stronger. But I don't think that will be the case.
As FYI said, Europe is many different countries, that want different things. Not ONE big state.
But good luck England, getting good deals. I just fear you will end up like we are.. Outside, but following EU's rules.. and pay huge sums of money to them.

And yes.. I know there are many EU followers, that will disagree with me. But this is how I have come to see it. Just a personal opinion. Correct or not.. :)
#26 (permalink)      7/10/2018 4:48:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
istomin2
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 627
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos307
Do not lose hope!
New politicians are close to the common people, they know their needs.
Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump, Matteo Salvini
They will change your country, and the whole world!
#27 (permalink)      7/10/2018 5:07:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Richy7
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 2859
  • Reviews 150
  • Kudos3308
+1 details
For once i agree with FYI.... well said

Your still a c##t though :)
#28 (permalink)      7/10/2018 5:22:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3675
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3214
$1.95 rebate earned+2 details
Interesting for me to read is less what many here are saying for those of us living on this side of the world would only be too happy to see England exit themselves properly from the EU, rather, that the conversation can be held without toxic screams of racism as once dominated the discussion.

From where I sit, that died down when a larger figure, Trump, entered the political scene and their attention shifted to the US.

Good Luck UK.
Get out for the very reasons FYI put forth..
Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#29 (permalink)      7/10/2018 6:29:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 14161
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos16951
+2 details
as Henning Wehn The German Comedy Ambassador to The Court of St James said....
(something along the lines of)

'I'm happy to see the brexiteers following Otto Von Bismarcks C19th policy of

isolating Britain from the continent'
#30 (permalink)      7/10/2018 6:32:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 14161
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos16951
+2 details
and yup the EU is a bureaucracy, enjoy your chlorinated chicken it won't be the last standard that goes.
#31 (permalink)      7/10/2018 10:19:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mickd
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 4639
  • Reviews 158
  • Kudos12577
+1 details
HELP FOR HEROES. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.