shopping cart empty
Brexit Chaos
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#51 (permalink)      7/11/2018 12:06:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 745
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos457
+1 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Spam
Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#52 (permalink)      7/11/2018 12:31:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
F.Y.I.
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 1792
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9853
+1 details
RussG wrote:

Brexit. The richer nations Germany,France & Italy will have to dig deeper into their pockets to support the poorer EU members. This is why the UK will pay the price for leaving the EU.

If the UK manages to leave without any financial hardship, what other countries would follow.

France & Germany are all in, Spain & Italy appear to be undecided.

I think you're probably right about the UK paying some sort of price in the short term, but that just shows how dependent we allowed ourselves to become on an undependable institution to look out for our interests and not its own. More to the point though, even when things go well, the naysayers keep on banging the same drum regardless.

For two years now we've had extreme prophecies of disaster about to engulf the United Kingdom being stubbornly refuted by the health of the UK economy, and how do people respond? GDP has grown rather than shrunk. Unemployment has fallen rather than risen. In fact you can take any measure; look at the stock exchange, look at exports, look at manufacturing orders, look at consumer confidence, you name it... We're better off than any of the official predictions made by all of the official bodies during the Brexit campaign.

Have people gone back and said "Hmm, maybe I was emotionally invested in a particular result? Maybe I wasn't being as objective as I should have been..."? Of course not. That's not how confirmation bias works. Instead, they behave like members of a doomsday cult when the leader gets it wrong about the date that aliens are supposed to arrive and haul them up into a flying saucer. They tell us that the apocalypse has merely been slightly delayed because of something or other. I don't buy it. No doubt you're right that Germany et al are trying to show that independence carries more of a cost than a benefit, but so far they've not been all that convincing as far as I can see.

R.I.P. Saman Kunan, true hero.
#53 (permalink)      7/12/2018 9:54:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RussG
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 2032
  • Reviews 90
  • Kudos1911
+1 details
Err, future investment? Rolls Royce a company us brits are proud of,what a history. WW2, Merlin. Now foreign owned.Rolls Royce are now cutting how many jobs in the UK?

The clock is ticking and no one knows WTF the outcome is yet. How can multinationals plan for the future, would Ford or Nissan commit to new factories in the UK. Financial institutions will now choose to be based in the EU rather than the UK.

And for all of you who that voted for Brexit, the foreigners don't have to leave.
#54 (permalink)      7/12/2018 11:59:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 13015
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos14976
+1 details
maybe the idea is to turn the UK into such a shithole that the Rumanians let alone the Poles choose to go back home where conditions will be better....

it's a plan...a shit one..but a plan

strong and stable huh theresa?
#55 (permalink)      7/13/2018 1:47:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
F.Y.I.
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 1792
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9853
+1 details
F.Y.I. wrote:

For two years now we've had extreme prophecies of disaster about to engulf the United Kingdom being stubbornly refuted by the health of the UK economy, and how do people respond? GDP has grown rather than shrunk. Unemployment has fallen rather than risen. In fact you can take any measure; look at the stock exchange, look at exports, look at manufacturing orders, look at consumer confidence, you name it... We're better off than any of the official predictions made by all of the official bodies during the Brexit campaign.

Have people gone back and said "Hmm, maybe I was emotionally invested in a particular result? Maybe I wasn't being as objective as I should have been..."? Of course not. That's not how confirmation bias works.

RussG wrote:

Err, future investment? Rolls Royce a company us brits are proud of,what a history. WW2, Merlin. Now foreign owned.Rolls Royce are now cutting how many jobs in the UK?

I often admire foreign-owned companies, but I find it rather absurd as a Brit to take particular pride in a company which stops being British. In any case, that's a drop in the ocean against the positive indicators that I commented on above.

RussG wrote:

The clock is ticking and no one knows WTF the outcome is yet. How can multinationals plan for the future, would Ford or Nissan commit to new factories in the UK. Financial institutions will now choose to be based in the EU rather than the UK.

I agree that there is far less certainty than we would like still, but whose fault is that? The public returned a clear vote to leave. In fact more people voted to leave than have ever voted for anything in all of British history (see below). It's not the fault of the British public that certain politicians can't deliver on a promise in a timely manner.

RussG wrote:

And for all of you who that voted for Brexit, the foreigners don't have to leave.

Good. Someone who entered Britain legally and who wants to make a positive contribution to the country should have every right to stay. Fuck racism.

#56 (permalink)      7/13/2018 2:17:05 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 2929
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos8635
+3 details
now the British will not even get the chlor chicken...
#57 (permalink)      7/13/2018 2:58:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 13015
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos14976
yeah trump done may in, in favour of his bumboy boris, failing to get the idea that if there's one thing that'll help her hang on it's trump sponsoring a rival...

also and it really doesn't need underlining it shows his total ineptitude as a 'statesman'
#58 (permalink)      7/13/2018 5:15:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 745
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos457
F.Y.I. wrote:

Someone who entered Britain legally and who wants to make a positive contribution to the country should have every right to stay. Fuck racism.

Interesting how that one simple request, that it be done legally feels somewhat familiar. Am pretty sure I have heard that rallying cry in several other places as well.
Indeed, that video, "We saved our Democracy" had a familiar ring to it as well. As did his mention of the media and their false reporting of the event itself and/or the dismissive air shown the results of those that voted against globalization, whether it be with the EU, or elsewhere, for that matter.

Sometimes one just has to grab it where its found and hope that a more articulate debate or set of actions can further grow or be seized upon by the next.

Good Luck UK. Family members voted to leave. Wishing you the best!

Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#59 (permalink)      7/13/2018 5:31:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
F.Y.I.
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 1792
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos9853
+1 details
Carlahola wrote:

now the British will not even get the chlor chicken...

#60 (permalink)      7/13/2018 5:33:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gav616
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 455
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos461
#61 (permalink)      7/13/2018 5:48:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vostock
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 13015
  • Reviews 361
  • Kudos14976
well SS how many of your family **godwin alert***godwin alert*** would have voted for that well known liberal centerist, that nice mr hitler.....given the historical evidence of the inbred classes attitude back in the day to good bit of jew baiting and putting down the bolshie workers?

honesly now....c'mon....

juz askin juz askin.....

......have an extra point if you're related to any of the Mitford gals