shopping cart empty
Shipping times to Canada - My last 5 orders - various shipping methods
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/29/2015 2:48:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hotrod101
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 1517
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos1340
+5 details
Shipping times to Canada - My last 5 orders - various shipping methods
Order # 1 - Order placed on November 18th. Shipped on November 23rd via Sweeden Post (Batteries) - Status: Delivered on Dec 24th.

Order # 2 - Order placed on November 25th - Shipped on November 27th via Signapore Post - Status: Not yet delivered (Edit Jan 15, 2016 - Package has been delivered on Jan 15, 2016)

Order # 3 - Order placed on November 29th - left for destination country on Dec 07th via Hong Kong Post - Status: delivered on Dec 18th

Order # 4 - Order placed on December 06th - left for destination country on December 12th via Hong Kong Post - Status: delivered on December 24th

Order # 5 - Order placed on December 08th - left for destination country on December 12th via Hong Kong Post - Status: Delivered on December 29, 2015

Based on these observations, it appears that Hong Kong post is clearly faster than Singapore Post. Sweden post seems to even be better than Signapore Post right now

Perhaps some of you might post your shipping times as well to compare and also let know how China post or Swiss post have been for you for shipping times. I had heard some people having some non-epacket orders returned to FastTech from China post. Can anyone confirm whether this is actually happening or still happening for non-epacket orders and what shipping times you have gotten?

Edited on 1/15/2016 at 2:29 PM. Reason:
Try being informed instead of just opinionated. "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up" - Jesse Jackson...(does not apply to douchebags)
#2 (permalink)      12/29/2015 3:16:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Alex.a
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 61
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos23
+1 details
Mind me asking, but which province are you in?, shipping to Ontario takes well over a month are you closer to the west coast!?
#3 (permalink)      12/29/2015 3:22:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hotrod101
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 1517
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos1340
+2 details
I am in Northern Ontario

E-packets use to take about 20 days total at the most to get to me

The last several Signapore Post packages have taken well over a month to get to me. This is why I am branching out and trying / testing other shipping methods other than Singapore Post. Hong Kong Post appears to be quicker right now for me anyways especially since these ones were shipped during the busy Christmas shipping times, I actually didn't expect the last couple of Hong Kong post shipments until after the new year because of Christmas so I was happily surprised.
Try being informed instead of just opinionated. "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up" - Jesse Jackson...(does not apply to douchebags)
#4 (permalink)      12/29/2015 3:45:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Alex.a
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 61
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos23
+3 details
Thank you Hotrod, will keep that in mind, got a few orders coming up, HK post it is then. Thanks for the prompt reply, enjoy your vapemail
#5 (permalink)      12/29/2015 8:20:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hotrod101
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 1517
  • Reviews 115
  • Kudos1340
I am still curious about how quick Swiss Post and non-epacket China Post is. I am reluctant to try them now as from my experience above, Hong Kong post has been nearly as quick as the e-packets have been for me in the past.
#6 (permalink)      12/29/2015 9:06:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Alex.a
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 61
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos23
I actually ordered a few things including a tank, used China Post, ordered the 22, shipped out the 25 from Beijing, now is the waiting game, I assume it is with customs in Richmond BC, not too far from where I live! Considering 25-28 CP is on holiday and CBSA is also on break I doubt it will be this week! Kind of curious how long it will take, I let you know how it goes and when I get it....hopefully soon
#7 (permalink)      12/30/2015 12:17:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5342
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6356
+1 details
Alex.a wrote:

Thank you Hotrod, will keep that in mind, got a few orders coming up, HK post it is then. Thanks for the prompt reply, enjoy your vapemail

Thanks for the information here on Ontario. It's been 30 days and my order was supposed to be "Singapore express". I realize there are holidays but if that's "express", well they gotta be sheeting me.

Next time, Hong Kong post it is...

For The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terriers...
#8 (permalink)      12/30/2015 12:28:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DJ_Chaps
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 167
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos73
China Post is trash.

Have 3 orders, ordered late November, all 3 shipped on the 5th, left china the 8th. Still waiting.

Just did a 4x 25r order, obv Sweden Post.... and finally trying HK post with the other order.
#9 (permalink)      12/30/2015 12:35:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details
For some reason no one can explain to me, I haven't any problems getting gear faster from all other Chinese vendors I have dealt with

I too am waiting on 5 orders, 3 specifically that I thought would have landed just before Xmas but at the worst, 2 days ago.
Was just around the corner at a building I have them all delivered too and still nothing today :(

Maybe next week if lucky :)

Ordered a case for the RX2000 at another china site on Dec 13th, shipped the next day and was at my home in Toronto on Dec 22nd, just as it used to be with FT.
Came by e-packet.

spoke to someone there, they told me that everything, even atties and mods, come by epacket. STRESSED EVERYTHING (yet to be tested)

New Joytech Cuboid, for example, is a presale here but on that site, is $4 less and no presale wait time and a much faster ship time.
(not that I want it-just an example)

But these shipping times are just too ludicrously slow nowadays.

Recently paid $85 for a RX200 at home.
If purchased at FT, by time the US is converted to CAD, its $65. The wait time is not worth the extra $25+

I might try one purchase here and pay the $20+ delivery fee IF THEY CAN PROMISE me it will arrive quickly but these 30+ shipping times are too ludicrous to deal with any more.

Hope ya all still want what you purchased by the time it arrives :)

I had heard some people having some non-epacket orders returned to FastTech from China post

Long gave up on that method, sorry to hear its still not working well

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#10 (permalink)      12/30/2015 12:41:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161

China Post is trash.

Have 3 orders, ordered late November, all 3 shipped on the 5th, left china the 8th. Still waiting.

Just did a 4x 25r order, obv Sweden Post.... and finally trying HK post with the other order.

Damn, just looked and I did one of those by mistake, on one of my last orders, not expected for a while but now I know it will likely never arrive.

Someone on this site, just yesterday received a package he'd been waiting for. They placed it in his mailbox and didn't even get his signature, which although more convenient for us, doesnt give us a leg to stand on if someone steals it.

Hiis message to me:

Canada Post has added
a sticker, it says "NO DELIVERY SCAN" and BALAYAGE NON REQUIS and has 2
different numbers, and a bar code on it, in CODE_128 barcode format, the
barcode corresponds to the 18 character alphanumeric number. The other
smaller number seems to indicate the sticker was put on in Edmonton. I
wonder what this new crap is about? Here is the spooky part. It was left
in the box, no signature was required.

It appears that Canada post is refusing to provide the services that
Fasttech was paid for regarding the upgraded shipping. No tracking, and
no signature required. WTF???

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      12/30/2015 12:45:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details
HotRod:

Order # 1 - Order placed on November 18th. Shipped on November 23rd via Sweeden Post (Batteries) - Status: Delivered on Dec 24th.

Some of the slowdown obviously can be attributed to Xmas. I recently ordered more batteries, same route and got them in 18 days, where it used to be 11-14.
In your case, my guess is that they were caught up in the Xmas rush.

I really am starting to ponder the possibility that Canada Post has it in for any/all addresses known associated to FT. :(

#3, #4 + #5 of yours via HK seem reasonable by todays standards although slow compared to 6 months ago. I am guessing it would only take you 2 extra days to have ur gear arrive up in Sudbury, etc.

Edited on 12/30/2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: