shopping cart empty
USPS Expedited for Battery Products-New shipping method updated
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/8/2017 5:39:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5426
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7120
To test it out, I just placed an order using this new shipping option as well. For my $20.03 order it was FREE.

We'll see if this new USPS Expedited for Batteries service works as well as the old one did. Who knows. I won't speculate...

There is nothing in my order containing batteries but that shouldn't matter. Ordered a Nectar RTA, some spare glass and plastic tanks and some screws. Hopefully the order will get filled and shipped out on Monday.
#12 (permalink)      4/8/2017 5:53:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2660
philipvdb wrote:

Just placed an order using this shipping service. 0.53$ upgrade fee. Will see who's right.

Nobody said there was a shipping fee now with this shipper...I'm also going to give this shipper it a try, while I wait for my PostNL shipped order to arrive which I don't expect at my door until April 26 and was shipped from FT yesterday on April 7th..

I today ordered INTERNAL batteries SKU 5830904 and a couple other Ecig items and with an order less than $20, the shipping fee would be 83 cents (less than a buck $1) per FT checkout...but my order is over $20 and the shipping is FREE ...and states "12 working days" in transit, same time in transit as PostNL shipping...from FT to US Customs and soil..in stock, being shipped from FT on April 11, so should arrive to my door with tracking the entire way, about April 28 (allowing US Customs and USPS 5 days to get to me once arrived in US)..

Edited on 4/8/2017 at 6:21 PM. Reason:
US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#13 (permalink)      4/9/2017 2:17:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2061
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3442
+1 details
I never considered shipping an exact science. Didn't chose this service to check. I'll only be in the US for 2 weeks so free airmail and registered shipping is too tricky. If I get it before 6th of May, I'm ok with it.

thill1951 wrote:

the shipping fee would be 83 cents (less than a buck $1)

And thanks for pointing out that 83 cents is less than 1$. I never was that good in maths.

Now hold your horses, was just trying to be funny. (if you know what that means)

We can't agree on everything.
#14 (permalink)      4/9/2017 9:11:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kyugo
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1817
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos1708
philipvdb wrote:

I never considered shipping an exact science. Didn't chose this service to check. I'll only be in the US for 2 weeks so free airmail and registered shipping is too tricky. If I get it before 6th of May, I'm ok with it.

I hope you put it under your wife's name this time :D

You know what people need most? The strength to do what's possible, the courage to accept what is not, and the wisdom to know the difference.
#15 (permalink)      4/10/2017 4:30:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
philipvdb
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 2061
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos3442
kyugo wrote:

I hope you put it under your wife's name this time :D

We can't agree on everything.
#16 (permalink)      4/10/2017 10:39:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2660
thill1951 wrote:

I'm also going to give this shipper it a try, while I wait for my PostNL shipped order to arrive which I don't expect at my door until April 26 and was shipped from FT yesterday on April 7th..

I today ordered INTERNAL batteries SKU 5830904 and a couple other Ecig items and with an order less than $20, the shipping fee would be 83 cents (less than a buck $1) per FT checkout...but my order is over $20 and the shipping is FREE ...and states "12 working days" in transit, same time in transit as PostNL shipping...from FT to US Customs and soil..in stock, being shipped from FT on April 11, so should arrive to my door with tracking the entire way, about April 28 (allowing US Customs and USPS 5 days to get to me once arrived in US)..

This USPS Expedited for Battery order shipped with Internal batteries today Monday April 10...my PostNL order with Internal batteries shipped Friday April 7, 3 days ago..both have 12 working days in transit to the USA from FT...so good comparison which is the faster, safer and more reliable shipper to the USA and my door..

US Military 30 years, Retired Lt Colonel.. Live to Ride, Ride to Live..Love my Harleys and Indians..
#17 (permalink)      4/10/2017 11:34:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5426
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7120
My order shipped today as well. This is not like the old USPS Expedited for Batteries though. I was given a CN tracking number but the package has a Registered tracking number from country TO. Kingdom of Tonga. Presumably it will need a signature when delivered, which I'm not excited about.

Interesting experiment...
#18 (permalink)      4/10/2017 9:11:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2660
My tracking number just changed from a CN ending to a new tracking number ending in TO ...

this morning...RXxxxxxxxxCN ...China Post...Not Found

this evening...RRxxxxxxxxTO.....Tonga Post....

RRxxxxxxxTO

In Transit

Tonga(Tonga Post)ꀁ

United States(USPS)ꀁ

Latest Event -- 2017-04-11 09:44 VAVA'U SURF, Arrival at outward office of exchange

Destination Country - United States
2017-04-11 09:19
TONGA, Acceptance, Your item was accepted at 9:19 am on April 11, 2017 in TONGA.

Origin Country - Tonga
2017-04-11 09:44
VAVA'U SURF, Arrival at outward office of exchange

2017-04-11 09:19
VAVA'U SURF, Posting/Collection

Located in Oceania, Kingdom of Tonga is an archipelago (island chain) in the South Pacific Ocean, directly south of Samoa and about two-thirds of the way from Hawaii to New Zealand..Tonga is a Polynesian kingdom of more than 170 South Pacific islands, many uninhabited, most lined in white beaches and coral reefs and covered with tropical rainforest.

Distance from Tonga to USA is:

7536 Miles

(12128 Kilometers / 6544.2 Nautical Miles)

Approximate travel time from Nukualofa, Tonga to Washington DC, USA is 15 hrs, 38 mins

Tonga's economy is characterised by a large non-monetary sector and a heavy dependence on remittances from the half of the country's population who live abroad (chiefly in Australia, New Zealand and the United States). The royal family and the nobles dominate and largely own the monetary sector of the economy – particularly the telecommunications and satellite services. Tonga was named the sixth most corrupt country in the world by Forbes magazine in 2008.

I have a feeling Tonga Post has 1 airplane that flys once a week to the USA, IF they can afford the fuel...lol...lets see how long this new shipper lasts..FT really found a "winner" with this, but give it a shot/chance..

Edited on 4/11/2017 at 8:03 AM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      4/11/2017 3:27:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5426
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7120
I was reading about Tonga last night. It's got about 100,000 population. No airline. If you were to travel there from the US, you would likely fly Fiji Airways via LAX, a daily flight. I have a feeling that's the flight our packages will be on and they will enter the US in Los Angeles.

This really could be a winner. Probably shouldn't be called "USPS Expedited for Batteries" though. Should be called Registered Airmail via Tonga Post.
#20 (permalink)      4/11/2017 7:25:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2660
+1 details
This will definitely have a USA west coast Point of Entry and Customs., most likely LAX or San Fran...and the Kkingdom of Tonga has basically no economy except what the King and his familys owns, and the population is only half of what they say because most leave and work elsewhere...and this shipper basically has NOTHING to do with USPS or Expedited but FT gave it a fancy misleading name .....and there is NO tourist industry there or jobs ... ....the next thing will be Laos Post shipping eliquids as FT new eliquid shipper...I can't wait to hear what they call that shipper....I've been to Laos and there isn't anything there except jungle..and Tonga sound similar..

Edited on 4/11/2017 at 7:26 PM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      4/12/2017 9:05:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
thill1951
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5932
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos2660
Tonga Post recognizes this as an EMS tracking number, RRxxxxxTO...I really believe this is a China Post EMS/ePacket shipping for small internal batteries to the USA, and can be tracked here...it tracks any EMS package in China and also within the US or any destination country..

https://wheremy.com/ems-post-tracking/

and also can be tracked here via USPS here..

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input

Edited on 4/13/2017 at 3:50 PM. Reason: