shopping cart empty
Postal services to Canada temporarily suspended--Resumed
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/15/2018 4:07:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 7460
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4254
+4 details
Postal services to Canada temporarily suspended--Resumed
Dear valued customers,

We are really sorry to notify you that, as advised by the postal administration of Canada, mail operations in Canada have been affected by union action of the postal workers. All the packages to Canada will be delayed for several days. The affected shipping methods include regular/registered airmail and EMS, except the express DHL/FedEx/UPS/TNT. Hong Kong post announced this information at their official website.

The packages to Canada will be backlogged at our shipping carrier warehouse or post office from now on, which will be stuck for 2-4 working days. We will update here if there is any further notification.

To our valued customers, if you have any news of the Canada Post strike, please kindly post in this thread, then we will forward your feedback to our logistics department and ask them to offer further solution as sooner as possible.

Please feel free to write us in ticket whenever you have questions. We're always here to help.

Thank you for your supports!

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 11/30/2018 at 7:56 PM. Reason:
Answer
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 7460
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4254
Dear valued customers,

As advised by the postal administration of Canada, mail acceptance has been resumed. All the Canada orders will be shipped out today. But please note all mail delivery services to Canada are subject to serious delay due to a mail backlog.

For the packages which are packaging on Nov 14 and No 15, will be pasted a new shipping label with new tracking number. A shipment notification will be sent to you with a tracking number inside.

Please feel free to write us whenever you have questions. We're always here to help.

Thank your for your patience!

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 11/30/2018 at 7:55 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      11/17/2018 5:52:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChrisButler78
  • JoinedSep 2017
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+1 details
The Canada Post workers are participating in a rotational strike. They are choosing a seperate province every few days and striking in that province only.

As unfortunate as this is, it may not impact shipping as much as one would expect.

Hope this information helps.

Edited on 11/17/2018 at 5:52 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      11/18/2018 10:34:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
QcVaper
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 499
  • Reviews 31
  • Kudos408
+1 details
https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/11/16/greve-des-facteurs-postes-canada-suspend-le-courrier-de-letranger

In french...
Basically, Canada Post asks every country not to send any package to Canada until the conflict is ended.
260 truck trailers waiting to be emptied in Toronto and over a hundred in Vancouver...
Nothing to see here... Move on...
#4 (permalink)      11/18/2018 11:02:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kun6fukun7
  • JoinedJun 2018
  • Posts 3897
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3407
I had a package delivered on Thursday from across Canada that took 11 days, that should have taken 2 or 3 so they are moving, just rather slowly. .... To Toronto.

Edited on 11/19/2018 at 3:15 PM. Reason:
Super Mega Kunt with Kung-Fu Grip
#5 (permalink)      11/18/2018 10:06:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
+2 details
I've already ordered and had packages shipped during the postal strike here in Canada. The first one already made it to Canadian customs and is just being held until the strike at the processing center is over. I don't understand why you would freeze shipments. They are intermittent strikes and are only affecting processing centers for a couple business days at a time.
Fake it 'till you make it, and fraud it 'till they audit
#6 (permalink)      11/19/2018 11:15:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mimppimp
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1583
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos759
+1 details
Just send the mail to Canada.
We can then at least have a choice to use a different carrier handle our mail, once mail is in Canada.
If you get bullied by Canada post not to send you are depriving us of essential choice.
Is China so weak to crumble to tiny Canada post demands?
i just dont give a shit anymore....
#7 (permalink)      11/19/2018 3:22:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
+1 details
It is very likely Canada Post will be forced back to work, both sides have been playing hard ball in the negotiations, and the Canada Post workers are whining like bitches about their terms. Things are starting to back log.
#8 (permalink)      11/21/2018 8:26:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
So one of my orders has sat for about 4 business days now, any chance of it shipping out this week?
#9 (permalink)      11/24/2018 1:00:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
milongkok
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 3155
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4073
+2 details
Back to work on Monday for all those waiting.

Canada Post back-to-work bill passed during late night Commons sitting

OTTAWA — Legislation ordering postal workers back to work was passed in the House of Commons during a special session that dragged on into the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Bill C-89 passed third reading by a vote of 166 to 43.

The Senate is now set to sit Saturday and, if necessary, Sunday, to deal with the bill, which would go into effect at noon eastern time on the day following royal assent.

#10 (permalink)      11/24/2018 1:34:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
So I still have packages sitting in packaging, but my latest order sailed through with no issues and is already shipped? Can I please get an answer as to when SOME of my packages will ship? Things seem to be all over the place. It's not all orders that were held, and it's not 2-4 days.

Edited on 11/24/2018 at 1:34 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      11/25/2018 3:25:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
Hello? Is there no updates about this situation? Is there any other way to contact the staff about this?