shopping cart empty
Postal services to Canada temporarily suspended--Resumed
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/25/2018 3:25:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
Hello? Is there no updates about this situation? Is there any other way to contact the staff about this?
Fake it 'till you make it, and fraud it 'till they audit
#12 (permalink)      11/25/2018 5:27:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1400
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1212
There's no reason to think that they're going to start shipping by mail before CP rescinds their cease posting request. It's not like FastTech just, you know, read about the strike in the news and decided to stop shipping.
#13 (permalink)      11/25/2018 7:35:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dropin_Biking
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 165
  • Reviews 44
  • Kudos151
I placed an order thursday that was sent through and shipped before friday morning. That's the only reason I'm a little frustrated and confused.
Fake it 'till you make it, and fraud it 'till they audit
#14 (permalink)      11/27/2018 7:05:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
milongkok
  • JoinedMar 2018
  • Posts 3155
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4073
Mail service will resume all across the country at noon Tuesday after the Senate passed legislation ordering an end to five weeks of rotating strikes by postal workers.

Royal assent was granted late Monday shortly after senators approved Bill C-89 by a vote of 53-25. Four senators abstained.

The government had deemed passage of the bill to be urgent due to the economic impact of continued mail disruptions during the busy holiday season. It rushed the bill through the House of Commons last week.

But senators, after holding a special sitting Saturday to debate the bill, insisted on taking a little more time to reflect on the constitutionality of stripping postal workers of their right to strike.

They held another special sitting Monday and only put the bill to a vote after more than five hours of additional debate.
#15 (permalink)      11/27/2018 5:28:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mimppimp
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1583
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos759
I think we have to constantly remind fasttech that they can ship to Canada again as they probably won't notice our replies because of the spam.

Just keep bumping this thread till it gets a response from fasttech.
i just dont give a shit anymore....
#16 (permalink)      11/27/2018 6:18:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Travapor
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 671
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos248
I have several orders here packaged and waiting to leave FT whse. Hopefully they release them soon
#17 (permalink)      11/27/2018 8:52:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
QcVaper
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 499
  • Reviews 31
  • Kudos408
Bump
Nothing to see here... Move on...
#18 (permalink)      11/27/2018 9:40:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cornflakes
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos9
Canada Post is working to stabilize operations after the end of the rotating strikes. With our network currently facing unprecedented backlogs, customers can continue to expect delivery delays for the next several weeks.

Our current outlook is:

for parcels: Deliveries will continue but be delayed during the peak holiday season and into January 2019. Existing backlogs are expected to worsen this week due to high volumes from Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
for Lettermail: The backlog should be cleared and deliveries current before December 25.
for International parcels: Delays are likely to stretch into March of 2019. International items will require screening by the Canada Border Services Agency. We are working in partnership with them to manage the significant existing backlog.
for direct marketing mail: We expect to be current before December 25, but some delays may occur and time-sensitive pieces will be delivered on a best-effort basis.
Once Canada Post receives mail or parcels from customers, it is processing and delivering on a first-in, first-out basis.

Thank you for your continued patience.
#19 (permalink)      11/28/2018 1:24:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 7446
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4245
Hello friends,

I have forwarded your information to our logistics department. We will double confirm with our post office to check when we will send the packages. We are really sorry about the delay, as we are worried about this delay too. But our post office cannot accept the packages, so we cannot print any shipping label in this situation. Once we receive the release notification, we will ship all packages out as sooner as we can.

Thank your for your feedback and patience.
#20 (permalink)      11/28/2018 7:35:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Thousand.Milez
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 308
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos68
Man this sucks I made a order on another site a ten days ago and it's in Burnaby already threw customs now yet an order I made on fasttech 20 days ago is still unshipped, had they maybe had a note on the shipping options that epacket wouldn't ship currently I would have paid for Dhl but I'm broke now and have no choice but to just sit and wait.
#21 (permalink)      11/28/2018 7:37:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Thousand.Milez
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 308
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos68
Dropin_Biking wrote:

I placed an order thursday that was sent through and shipped before friday morning. That's the only reason I'm a little frustrated and confused.

At least yours shipped I got an order I made 20 days ago that's still not shipped.