shopping cart empty
@Anniepan : Funny Things going here with the shipping Costs
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/17/2019 6:41:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos131
+3 details
@Anniepan : Funny Things going here with the shipping Costs
I made an Order 20+ $ and everything was ready to ship, only 1 Drip Tip will arrive in 1 week. So I thought: Okay, so cancel it and order it later again. Have done that often in the Past, but this Time a funny Thing happens: In the Past the shipping Costs went up a few Cents so I wouldn't have gotten a Gift Certificate above the whole Price for the Drip Tip (1.89 $ ), only 1,50 or 1.60 $. This Time: 1.89 ( Drip Tip Price ) + 48 Cent for shipping. So Ft wants 2,37 $ more from me for shipping, 48 Cent more then I paid including the Drip Tip. I don't know how FT calculates the shipping Cost nowadays but here, in this Case, something is definitely wrong. So, please, Anniepan, I created a Ticket for this Order, but it would be nice if You could talk to the Persons who programmed Your shipping Cost Calculator that in the Future the Customer sees how much the shipping Cost changes when they cancel part of an Order. Something like a Preview for the now changed Order, so they can decide if they want to cancel or wait longer. I think every Customer has a Right to know how much shipping Costs they have to pay. Thank You in Advance, Anniepan.
#2 (permalink)      6/17/2019 8:09:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos131
No Comments? Own Experiences? Am I the only One ?
#3 (permalink)      6/17/2019 8:30:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7316
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos27669
+1 details
I haven't experienced that, but when canceling an item, a simple pop-up screen that says "Please confirm the new total price of $XX" (or something similar) would be really helpful.
#4 (permalink)      6/17/2019 8:40:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3636
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5206
I don't know if this is the case or not... But did cancelling that DT cause the total order to fall below $20? If so, that might account for the increased shipping cost.
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#5 (permalink)      6/17/2019 8:55:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+1 details
Next time don't cancel the item just ask FT to split your order and ship the items that are ready to ship in one package and they will ship the items not yet ready to ship in a separate package.
#6 (permalink)      6/17/2019 9:09:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
TruckinVapor wrote:

I don't know if this is the case or not... But did cancelling that DT cause the total order to fall below $20? If so, that might account for the increased shipping cost.

Shipping cost is not by order dollar amount.

As an example put this into your cart then go to checkout. SKU 6439502

item cost - $14.87
weight - 423 grams
package size - large
shipping cost - free epacket, free regular airmail or free registered mail

Now put this into your cart and go to checkout. SKU 9692987

item cost - $1.84
weight - 2 grams
package size - small
shipping cost - $4 epacket, free regular airmail or $2 registered airmail

#7 (permalink)      6/17/2019 11:24:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos131
total amount of order still above 20 bucks, even witout shipping :-)
#8 (permalink)      6/17/2019 11:33:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SambaBugatti
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 161
  • Reviews 40
  • Kudos131
+1 details
Yes airwinny, I want something like that Popup Window, I wouldn't have cancelled the Drip Tip, would have saved the Time to write the Ticket and waited just 1 more Week. Now the Order is pending Payment and I have to wait until Someone from CS answers my Ticket and understands what happened. So it won't ship much earlier.
#9 (permalink)      6/18/2019 4:14:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 7619
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4354
+1 details
Hello SambaBugatti,

This issue is caused by the shipping method.

When you choose registered airmail routed by Fasttech, the shipping cost is free. Once our warehouse staff receive the order information, the shipping method will be changed to registered airmail by Hong Kong Post, this is our default shipping method for free shipping orders. So if you change the order detail, the shipping cost will be charged by Hong Kong Post registered airmail.

Our CS staff removed the shipping cost. About the overpaid money do you need us to refund to your Paypal account or store credit? Please kindly let us know in ticket.

Thank you.