shopping cart empty
Warning Fasttech robbed me of over 200 usd
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:15:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 1941
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos1791
+4 details
If you don't do your homework then it's FT fault?

They want to do sales, why they should warn you about anything,
it's suppose to know your own country Customs rules before you order anything, right?

This it's your issue if you don't know your local Customs rules.

I did also paid some Customs tax, here in Germany, after I did the math
was cheaper to buy that thing locally but it is what it is.
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#12 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:24:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
formula10
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos14
look all you know it alls arnt helping me calm down im fucking furious say the least , if they knew they had trouble with customs then why didn't they say before keep accepting orders and resending and resending , why didn't they tell me changing the shipping will incur fees and duty , i could of then decided a better outcome but with all the trouble ive had with these orders and now this im ready to explode , again this is a warning to others when faced with difficult customs ion china who keep sending everything back its best to cancel the orders upgrading using a different shipping method will cost you more and if you dont pay it you lose the lot
#13 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:37:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 14216
  • Reviews 347
  • Kudos27827
+2 details
Thank you for your warning ;) I used only ones DHL, 5 years ago, it sucked. (though I "only" had 30€ charge for a 80$ order, where I wanted to go "cheap" - not from FT but from manufacturers) I never used it again. Still, it isn't FT's fault, they can't know the possible charges on every singular package. As they send out orders world-wide. Oh I'm not from the UK either.

Edited on 6/24/2019 at 7:40 AM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:41:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
formula10
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos14
again if i hadn't of upgraded the shipping i wouldnt be in this mess , why did i upgrade in the first place ? because fasttech couldn't ship out of china - but kept on trying and doing so leaving people in the dark when things get shipped then returned before they have left china - i this didn't happen i wouldnt of changed shipping , if they had told me i would incur a massive duty i would of cancelled but neither of them did happen
#15 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:47:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2945
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4246
+1 details
formula10 wrote:

look all you know it alls arnt helping me calm down im fucking furious say the least , if they knew they had trouble with customs then why didn't they say before keep accepting orders and resending and resending , why didn't they tell me changing the shipping will incur fees and duty , i could of then decided a better outcome but with all the trouble ive had with these orders and now this im ready to explode , again this is a warning to others when faced with difficult customs ion china who keep sending everything back its best to cancel the orders upgrading using a different shipping method will cost you more and if you dont pay it you lose the lot

You said you ordered 2 months ago, these customs issues only really came to light about 3 weeks ago.

So how would you expect FT to explain that situation to you?

Back from toddlin'
#16 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:48:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Johnnyace
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 264
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos127
+1 details
I can imagine you're pissed dude, I would be. You've just gotta understand, that once FT ship it's out of their hands & onto the shipping company, any crap from then on is nothing to do with FT. All they can do is give you options & you call the shots.

A lot of us were affected with customs holding up parcels & sending them back for apparently no reason

I've 7 FT parcels out there now, the oldest one is close on a month of waiting, just gotta chill, they'll show someday & if they don't I'm covered by PP

What are the options from here then? You accept & pay the £100, or refuse, have it sent back & get your money back for the order?
#17 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:48:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 14216
  • Reviews 347
  • Kudos27827
+3 details
FT is FT, customs is customs. What else would've they done than re-shipping orders again and again? They were trying their "best" (or possible). And most of peeps ended up receiving their orders.

if they had told me i would incur a massive duty i would of cancelled but neither of them did happen

Have to repeat it ones again, sadly, but they can't know the charges, they are not omnipotent.

Edited on 6/24/2019 at 7:49 AM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:51:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2945
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4246
+2 details
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: fighting
Back from toddlin'
#19 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:52:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 14216
  • Reviews 347
  • Kudos27827
I feel his pain, but.
#20 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:53:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
formula10
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos14
+1 details
again there is the warning for anyone else in the future , all the other comments are all well and good in hindsight aren't they all very good if you knew DHL would charge a huge import fees - and fasttech not knowing anything about shipping or advice to customers its all well and good isnt it , all well and good fasttech not being able to ship anything out of china for a month its all brilliant
#21 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:57:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Johnnyace
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 264
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos127
+1 details
I can imagine FT (& other Chinese vendors) have been hit the most with this, having to deal with hundreds (if not thousands) of returned parcels, the man hours & cost of processing them, then having to restock or reship said parcels

Factor in the refunds they've had to issue on top of that & it's not been a good month for them

FT never knew this customs nonsense was coming, only when the tickets came flooding in they realised & adjusted E-packet routes as for DHL, they're just another carrier with a history of adding charges

Yes, as the costumer, we deal with the frustration of our parcels being held up & taking longer but at the end of the day, it just takes patience