shopping cart empty
Warning Fasttech robbed me of over 200 usd
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:57:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Johnnyace
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 264
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos127
+1 details
I can imagine FT (& other Chinese vendors) have been hit the most with this, having to deal with hundreds (if not thousands) of returned parcels, the man hours & cost of processing them, then having to restock or reship said parcels

Factor in the refunds they've had to issue on top of that & it's not been a good month for them

FT never knew this customs nonsense was coming, only when the tickets came flooding in they realised & adjusted E-packet routes as for DHL, they're just another carrier with a history of adding charges

Yes, as the costumer, we deal with the frustration of our parcels being held up & taking longer but at the end of the day, it just takes patience
#22 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:57:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7322
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos27694
+2 details
formula10 wrote:

if they had told me i would incur a massive duty

Little reality check: Customs fees are local laws. Not paying them is breaking those local laws.

Sure, it's nice that a Chinese company is willing to put lower values on their packages to help us break those laws. But it seems a bit weird to expect that same Chinese company to give you extra tips on breaking the law.

If you wanna break the law, DHL sucks. Lesson learnt.

#23 (permalink)      6/24/2019 7:59:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 14220
  • Reviews 347
  • Kudos27832
+1 details
Ok. Probably there wouldn't be a next for you, @formula, but if ever, try plain simple Registered Air Mail, it's always free, usually as fast as e-packet (95% of cases) as it's routed by HKP, has tracking, and they don't seem to have any problem (for the moment)
#24 (permalink)      6/24/2019 8:00:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3014
  • Reviews 298
  • Kudos5179
+1 details
formula10 wrote:

i had bought over 200 USD of Good from fasttech 2 months ago , ive had nothing but trouble with this order of it being rejected by china customs sending each order back before it left the country

I have to ask ... what the hell did you order for the Chinese Customs to reject your shipping ... thats got to be some strange shit man

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#25 (permalink)      6/24/2019 8:02:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
formula10
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 32
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos14
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: fighting
#26 (permalink)      6/24/2019 8:02:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2945
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4246
+4 details
From the FAQ page

Statistically, well less than 1% of all orders have ever got opened by the Customs in customers' home countries. If a package were to be checked by the customs office of the customer's country, customers have to cover for import duties, tariffs, and taxes.

Although the chance of packages assessed by the customs is small, FastTech encourages customers to check with their local customs office for potential import taxes, duties, and tariffs, prior to placing an order. In addition, some products may require special licenses or permits to import (such as high powered lasers). FastTech is not responsible for products confiscated by the customs in customers' countries.

Since FastTech ships to over 100 countries in the world, it is your responsibility to obey your country's specific laws and customs regulations.

If an item is returned to FastTech because it is restricted by your country, FastTech refunds your order less actual shipping costs already incurred to ship your order. This amount is usually 20% of order total but can be higher or lower depending on the nature of product ordered. The rest is refunded to you in the way you originally paid your order for, or in the way of store credits, at your choice.

Back from toddlin'
#27 (permalink)      6/24/2019 8:07:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
formula10
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 32
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos14
SynysterMoritty@ brilliant
#28 (permalink)      6/24/2019 8:10:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SynysterMoritty
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2945
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos4246
+2 details
Look, people are only trying to explain the situation, you obviously don't want to hear it, you just want a refund that i doubt you'll get.

But there's no need to act like such an arsehole.

Good luck to you, I hope you get a good result in the end. If not, it's your own fault.
Back from toddlin'
#29 (permalink)      6/24/2019 8:10:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 14220
  • Reviews 347
  • Kudos27832
+2 details
Oh fock sake, airwinny didn't mean to give you a lesson about not breaking the law, we all do, that only meant, the other (FT's) side can't be fully responsible for your part.
#30 (permalink)      6/24/2019 8:15:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
formula10
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 32
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos14
@ SynysterMoritty didn't realise how self important you was with the rest butting in telling me how wrong i am , so give it a rest now or come round and argue with me in person i will set your smart mouths straight for no fee - AGAIN this post was to warning others not stoking the community residents ego's
#31 (permalink)      6/24/2019 8:15:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Still.Me
  • JoinedNov 2018
  • Posts 5730
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos9047
+1 details
Oh chill out everyone. The guy is angry. Understandable despie it not being Fasttechs fault. No need to pile on him further.

That said, it might have been helpful, especially during the recent crisis of everyones packages being returned by China customs, to have at least pointed out to him that he would incur such a charge on his end.

How difficult could that have been?

I have seen anger from everyone with regards to their packages being returned, slowed down through other means of delivery by people that know the game here.
That the OP didnt is yes, technically his fault, not Fasttech's but perhaps they might have warned him, when no doubt, frustrated by returned packages (as we all were) he mistakenly chose DHL.
Radical Leftism fried its brain! If you haven't been called a racist by a crazy leftist, you're doing something wrong!!!