shopping cart empty
Problems with Nanjing Air Cargo?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/1/2019 4:45:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
paracelsus.de
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
Problems with Nanjing Air Cargo?
I have made a bunch of orders in the past months, all to Germany with express ePacket or whatever it is called. 10-14 working days it says, most of the time the transit was faster and service flawless (6-12 days overall).

You could always tell at what stage the parcel is. Posting, transport within China, leaving China, arriving at destination country, destination customs handling and release etc. All those "good" packages went through Beijing.

Now I have three orders on the way, they all took a different way through Nanjing Airport and the tracking just ends dead there. No status updates. It just says "Sending to destination country" and then it is dead. One parcel was supposedly "sent to destination" on 19.6. - but there never was any "incoming" scan or status update like with all the other packages I got. Normally it would take between 2-5 days between "leaving China" and "arrive in destination country".

You should really check what is going on there in Nanjing, it seems your packets are just piling up there without being shipped out. If you have changed anything in your contracts with China Post (cheaper rates for using Nanjing instead of Beijing maybe) I would recommend to reverse that. The waiting time and lack of information is terrible.

To see what I mean look at the following trackings:

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=LL278199559CN (very fast)
https://t.17track.net/en#nums=LL345816018CN (took twice as long, but 12 days is still great)
and compare to this current one
https://t.17track.net/en#nums=LL438686774CN (where tracking has been "dead" 12 days now)

I understand both Beijing and Nanjing are China Post Air Cargo hubs, but somehow Beijing transport is working much better than Nanjing transport.
#2 (permalink)      7/1/2019 5:07:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 7661
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4365
Hello paracelsus.de,

The shipping speed is delayed much due to the packages backlog in Nanjing. We have urged our Post to speed your package shipping. You should receive your package this week. If you don't receive after then, please feel free to contact us again.

We will choose a faster ePacket to avoid the delay issue recently, if there is any concerns, please let us know freely, we will keep on tracing your package until it is delivered.

We do really appreciate your patience.
#3 (permalink)      7/1/2019 5:14:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
paracelsus.de
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
Thank your for your kind and quick reply. I appreciate you acknowledge the issue and are working to resolve it. I will keep my fingers crossed for this week.

Thanks again.
#4 (permalink)      7/1/2019 7:07:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1433
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1303
In my opinion these delays do not motivate having stuff sent with DHL (as the tracking information indicates).

This China Post circus is probably due to new hardware and/or software issues at the facilities in Beijing an Nanjing.
Or as China Post puts it: They have problems penetrating the parcels. :-)

I am also in the EU, and for the time being I am having all my orders from here shipped with "Registered Airmail via Singapore Post". With this option the parcels are shipped from Hong Kong.
Also, free shipping for orders over $20. Cylindrical batteries and knives not allowed though.

So far all shipments have reached me within 10 to 15 days.

Edited on 7/1/2019 at 7:52 AM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      7/1/2019 8:10:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
paracelsus.de
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
As I said, Beijing transfer went super smooth for me in my recent order history. Arrive in Beijing, bang, two to four days later it hits the ground in Frankfurt. That is a perfectly reasonable turnaround period for non-priority air cargo.

Whatever is going on in Nanjing is beyond description though. I will surely hold my further orders until this has been resolved.

Edited on 7/1/2019 at 8:12 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      7/1/2019 8:26:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Migweld
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1101
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos475
Packages taking along time can be more than 1 thing, its also rejected items, Forbidden Item,
parcel is rejected by mistake, machine mistake,

For a specific item, this policy is performed as per officer’s personal judgement. Therefore, even not quite common, it is possible that same kind of products might be released or rejected by different officers in different customs or airports .
#7 (permalink)      7/1/2019 8:42:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
paracelsus.de
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
In order to be rejected by customs officers they would first have to arrive in the destination country.
#8 (permalink)      7/1/2019 9:08:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Migweld
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 1101
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos475
+1 details
No, the item will be scanned before the flight, and can even be opened by officer
if he/she cant tell whats in the package, also added by machine mistake

the item will not be put on the flight if it cant be seen whats in the package
customs officers or just officers at the airport who don't like the look of the item
will reject it over and over many times , so it never leaves origin country on time

some officers maybe easy and let it go, and some not so easy,
and it just goes round all over again back to the start, or sent back, return note.

Edited on 7/1/2019 at 9:19 AM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      7/1/2019 10:11:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1433
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1303
+1 details
Exactly.
China Post has recently tightened the checks of what is leaving the country.
And they seem to have issues on the hardware and/or software side for the automatic processing.

China Post sent this to exporting Chines online stores:

It says clearly that "some products can not be penetrated". :-)
#10 (permalink)      7/1/2019 12:45:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
paracelsus.de
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
+1 details
And these checks and supposed rejections / return to sender do not trigger a change in tracking status, while every other movement is shown in tracking? I find that hard to believe, this security thing might add to the issue of delays, but there seems to be more than one problem with shipments going through Nanjing.

On it's own this alone does not explain a packet sitting two to three weeks with absolutely zero status updates.
#11 (permalink)      7/1/2019 1:01:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1433
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1303
+1 details
Penetrating can be a tricky task if one isn't skilled at it...