shopping cart empty
Best shipping option for UK, please?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/1/2019 11:39:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sparkler
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 37
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos47
+1 details
Well good luck with that Charlygal, that's what they've all said.
#12 (permalink)      7/1/2019 12:19:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
shakeandvape
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 73
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos96
I got caught with the epacket hold up so i've settle on hong kong post this time and it's already departed hong kong to the uk.I wont be using epacket for the foreseeable future.
#13 (permalink)      7/1/2019 12:25:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1409
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1258
Hong Kong Post is usually slower to Europe than SingPost that also transits in Hong Kong.

Edited on 7/1/2019 at 12:28 PM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      7/1/2019 12:37:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
shakeandvape
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 73
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos96
I haven't used SingPost in a long time so i cant say if it'll be faster or not.They all seem to go thru stages of how fast they deliver.All i can say is since this epacket drama i've used Hong Kong Post twice to the uk and it's been pretty fast,if not the same time as epackets usually are.
#15 (permalink)      7/1/2019 12:45:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1409
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1258
My last 3 parcels (after the beginning of the China Post circus) with SingPost to the EU have arrived in 10 to 15 calendar days.
#16 (permalink)      7/1/2019 12:51:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
shakeandvape
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 73
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos96
Well at least the OP has options it's either SingPost or HKP.Either of these two are better than epackets right now.The choice is yours.
#17 (permalink)      7/1/2019 1:00:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sparkler
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 37
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos47
Shame there wasn't some kind of notification when people's orders were placed that there was a problem with epackets so that a choice could be made, it's been going on for a fair while now, I'm quite peed off.
#18 (permalink)      7/1/2019 1:25:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
shakeandvape
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 73
  • Reviews 42
  • Kudos96
I can fully understand the frustration this has caused.The first i knew about the epacket fiasco was the last sale fasttech had.My epacket was stuck in Beijing for over a month.I think i was one of the lucky ppl that mine never got returned to FT and rerouted to Nanjing,which caused another load of grief.There was a thread made soon after highlighting the problem and FT did respond to that thread,so not sure they knew before then or that thread informed them of the problem.Since then i think ppl have stayed well away from epackets or have taken the known risk.I agree tho that if there are some ppl that dont know about this issue or haven't read the forums lately FT should say there could be delays at shipping page.
#19 (permalink)      7/1/2019 3:40:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1409
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1258
Sparkler wrote:

Shame there wasn't some kind of notification when people's orders were placed that there was a problem with epackets so that a choice could be made

I don't think the staff here were aware of the magnitude of the problem until recently.

All my latest orders were put during the anniversary sale the last days of May with ePacket shipping.
When I realized China Post had substantial problems in Beijing during the following days I opened a ticket for each order asking for the shipping option to be changed to SingPost.

Problem solved, parcels passing through Hong Kong instead of Beijing and Nanjing and arriving within 10 to 15 calendar days.

#20 (permalink)      7/1/2019 3:43:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ironclad
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 132
  • Kudos9
Thanks for the replies, looks like Sing or HKP...lets hope they don't get a backlog.

Well it's gone past the "things will improve in June" response & also opening the Nanjing portal to supposedly improves things. Would have been better option to have stopped epackets & staff posting it on FT forum.

Charlygal wouldn't hold your breathe, think Nanjing has a mountain or two to get rid of first.
Would change shipping option if you can
#21 (permalink)      7/1/2019 3:52:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
desuede
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 1409
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1258
During the last days support staff here have posted information that FT is looking for other ePacket solutions several times.
But that is the kind of action that takes time. FT is probably negotiating with other shipping actors right now.

Nevertheless I agree with the opinion that it would have been more customer friendly if they had suspended the ePacket options as soon as they were aware of the situation in Beijing and Nanjing.