Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Item contains batteries? 1-MONTH SHIP TIME???
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/18/2014 8:30:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dochartaigh
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos2
Item contains batteries? 1-MONTH SHIP TIME???
I've spend the last couple days trying to convince FastTech's customer service that this item DOES NOT CONTAIN BATTERIES. Even the very first bullet point in the details clearly states: "Non-protected 18650 batteries required (sold separately).

...yet they keep telling me my order of this item contains batteries, which is why it was shipped to the USA via Philippine Post which being completely by boat, will definitely take over a month instead of the normal 7-10 days.

Anybody else have troubles with this? Were you able to convince F.T. that this item doesn't contain batteries? Why haven't they changed their system to reflect this detail?
#2 (permalink)      7/18/2014 11:13:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
viking65
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 32511
  • Reviews 14
  • Kudos64651
Where do you get it would go by boat???

Registered Airmail via Philippines Post $1.94 (14 to 20 days in transit typical)

Some items at FT regardless that they actually have batteries in them are still flagged by customs when scanned/x-ray and perceived as batteries (hence the battery status).

My VTR was considered internal battery yet ships with no battery.

Edited on 7/18/2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason:
https://i.imgur.com/OSS6yni.jpg
#3 (permalink)      7/18/2014 3:48:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dochartaigh
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 20
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos2
I get that it would go by boat because A.) I can't comprehend what other transportation method would take up to 25 business days according to F.T. (which is 35+ actual days) unless it's by boat, or by dolphin, or by mule. And B.) In many areas, batteries like Li-Ion/LiMn are only allowed to go via ground (not plane) shipping methods due to safety concerns (more specifically not allowed as cargo on many passenger flights).

For all items which take a battery being flagged by customs - I highly doubt it. I've had about 10 mechanical mods (which take the same batteries as this power pack) shipped to me via the regular 7-10 day shipping service and never had a problem. Even items like SKU#1280801 and SKU#1280800, etc. are nearly identical in form and function to this item we've been discussing – yet they don't have to be shipped via Philippine Post either.

F.T. simply screwed up on the classification of this item.

Edited on 7/18/2014 at 3:54 PM. Reason: