Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Evod to KBOX Mini MOD? (Noob)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/26/2015 9:21:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
alicihanus
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Evod to KBOX Mini MOD? (Noob)
Hi guys, I am kinda beginner in the e cig an I have new subtank mini kit + 2 old evod starter kits (650 mA ones). I want to use my evod tanks with KBOX mini mod and do you think this is the true adapter? Also I want to know that whether this adapter can damage my KBOX mini mod or not (I dont care about old evod tanks). Thank you!

alicihanus marked this question as answered on 10/26/2015 at 10:03 PM
Answer
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
Yeah, this will work, and it won't harm your box. However, be careful not to push those ickle tanks to hard with it, they're not really designed to take the sort of power a modern regulated box can push.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#2 (permalink)      10/26/2015 9:23:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+1 details
Yeah, this will work, and it won't harm your box. However, be careful not to push those ickle tanks to hard with it, they're not really designed to take the sort of power a modern regulated box can push.
Grand Poobah of The Sacred Order of The Magick Blue Screwdriver. The old Juice Junkies FAQ and guides can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp4ktp8l7fdywg5/AABFkmnUJhjl9vX8tE4URZ8sa?dl=0
#3 (permalink)      10/26/2015 9:25:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+1 details
Oh, and welcome to the forum. If you're a noob, check out the link in my signature. That will take you to my drop box, which is packed with handy guides, and which I keep updated as I see new stuff, or feel motivated to scrible something handy down. The noob's guide to vaping in the tech folder is useful, as is the battery basics document in the battery folder. Happy vaping :-)
#4 (permalink)      10/26/2015 9:30:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
alicihanus
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Dear Nymzavril, thanks for the kind answer and help :) also I want to ask another thing; How powerfull should I use my mod when I am using evod tanks? For example, think about 1.5 ohm occ vertical coil watt is maximum (neglecting pv/vg ratio) around 50 watt when using kbox so how much should I reduce this in evod tanks (like 1/2 ratio or like that)? Do you have any advice?
#5 (permalink)      10/26/2015 9:44:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+1 details
There is no magic formula, so set it at 20w and see what happens. If you get no burnt taste, then push it up a notch. Keep going either until you're happy, or it melts. Hehehehe.

Seriously though, I'm guessing you've got some sort of CE Atty, or maybe a protank? The latter will probably be OK, but CE and Vivi Nova will probably not handle much current. Keep and eye out for odd tastes, and stop if you get any. The wicking often won't keep up with high watts.
#6 (permalink)      10/26/2015 9:47:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nymzavril
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 23802
  • Reviews 280
  • Kudos18277
+1 details
Oh, sorry, you said evod. They're pretty capable, but you did the right thing switching up to something better. I have a few kicking around, and really never got on with them. The identical head in an aerotank or even a mini protank III was soooooo much better. Oh, and there's a rebuilding guide for old style Kanger coils in my drop box. If you stick with that system, it will save you a fortune, and give you much better results.
#7 (permalink)      10/26/2015 9:58:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
alicihanus
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Actually I was not sure about what I had because I bought 2 of them from local vape shops in UK and there were only different brand names (like bla bla.com and bla bla store) but according to my researches, I have decided that they are clearly Kanger Evod starter kits.

Also thanks for the tips! When I buy them I was just a very beginner so yes, It was a good move to changing Subox mini as I am really happy with this monster :) however, I dont want to risk turning back to smoking so this is the reason why I also want to keep other tanks (In case of a problem in subtank).
#8 (permalink)      10/26/2015 10:09:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
+1 details
alicihanus wrote:

Hi guys, I am kinda beginner in the e cig an I have new subtank mini kit + 2 old evod starter kits (650 mA ones). I want to use my evod tanks with KBOX mini mod and do you think this is the true adapter? Also I want to know that whether this adapter can damage my KBOX mini mod or not (I dont care about old evod tanks). Thank you!

With evods, tbh, I'd start at 10W & increase.

think about 1.5 ohm occ vertical coil watt is maximum (neglecting pv/vg ratio) around 50 watt when using kbox

That will be far too high for the STM 1.5 coil-
20W is really pushing it, imo-
on 50/50.

Depending on the weather- I start about 9W

Coils won't last as long, but the trade off is a better vape-
& I believe they're easy enough to rebuild for cents with nr-r-nr wires.

that fixed pin on kbox mini sucks-
only way kanger could sell them was bundling with a popular tank.

It gives a better vape than non-TC iSticks-
and I don't mind the STM- when it doesn't leak.

I hope u r using a dedicated charger.

Edited on 10/26/2015 at 10:10 PM. Reason:
noob forever
#9 (permalink)      10/26/2015 10:41:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
alicihanus
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Oh I just write wrong, 50 watt (in maximum limit case) for 0.5 ohm not for 1.5 ohm of course :) I am generally using 20-25 watt for 0.5 ohm and 15-12.5 watt for 1.5 ohm. By the way, I only have standart USB cable charger which came with the box and do you think should I buy an advance charger for batteries?

Edited on 10/26/2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      10/26/2015 10:48:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vapeluvr
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 7763
  • Reviews 355
  • Kudos4529
+1 details
Use the VOCC or SOCC coil heads (VOCC for EVO2 and EVOD GLASS and SOCC for EVOD 1), you can push those to 15 watts or so on 50/50 juice. Regular heads, not much more than probably 12 watts, if that. And the flavor os the VOCC and SOCC are awesome. Couple that with drilling the air intake holes out to about double the stock size and you can get a restricted lung hit.

But it isn't worth it for tanks that small as then you start eating juice faster and filling more often. But I do recommend the EMow mega aerotanks with VOCC coils.
Vaper buys pod system, asks for a 510 adapter. LOL for days
#11 (permalink)      10/26/2015 10:55:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
+2 details

do you think should I buy an advance charger for batteries?

Absolutely YES

Even Click on this- Xtar MC 1 plus SKU 2563900
is a good start- can be backup/portable when u get a 2 or a 4 slot.

I have the slightly cheaper one- this is better. Click on my review

noob forever