Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Evod to KBOX Mini MOD? (Noob)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/26/2015 10:55:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
+2 details

do you think should I buy an advance charger for batteries?

Absolutely YES

Even Click on this- Xtar MC 1 plus SKU 2563900
is a good start- can be backup/portable when u get a 2 or a 4 slot.

I have the slightly cheaper one- this is better. Click on my review

noob forever
#12 (permalink)      10/26/2015 10:58:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 496
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos377
+1 details
digging through a big old box of dinosaur age stuff, i found my old Evod and some new 1.5 ohm coils for it.

50/50 juice.

6 watts is ok. 7 watts is good. 8 watts started to get a little eh... 9 watts was not good at all. 10 watts burned the coil. note that all of these tests are at a higher wattage than a 650mA Ego type battery will do.

back in the box that crap goes. a $8-$10 cheap clone RTA here on FT is far superior to any Evod.
#13 (permalink)      10/26/2015 11:05:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
alicihanus
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Thanks for the replies!

I think I have only regular heads replacement (In the 5 pack box it exactly says that "Coil Unit for Protank & EVOD & Unitank") the reason I am trying to use my old Evod tank is, I have 10 replacement coils + my evod batteries are going to die soon. So I dont want to waste these coil stocks and also It will be a good option if any problem happens to my subtank as I dont want to depend on a single tank (although evod tanks cannot be compared with subtank) :)

From now, I am using my subtank with VOCCs but I will going to start building rba as I feel that I am ready for that stage :) also I have already ordered rda to try dripping and start tasting liquids to consider the best one for me.

Edited on 10/26/2015 at 11:05 PM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      10/27/2015 12:13:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
daveds50
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 496
  • Reviews 117
  • Kudos377
+1 details
it's good. use them up, and move on.

thanks for asking your question... it made me dig through my box of old stuff. found an old Protank II, and stuck a coil in it and fired it up. burned that coil too... so, playing around, i rebuilt one of the coils with some 32 gauge Kanthal and some cotton, and it turned out that a 1.7 ohm coil at 7.5 watts seemed to make it work best. tasted pretty good too. anyway, back in the box to play with some other day. that was fun.
#15 (permalink)      10/27/2015 1:10:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flambo
Forum Restricted
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2913
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos1181
+1 details
alicihanus wrote:

Thanks for the replies! I think I have only regular heads replacement (In the 5 pack box it exactly says that "Coil Unit for Protank & EVOD & Unitank") the reason I am trying to use my old Evod tank is, I have 10 replacement coils + my evod batteries are going to die soon. So I dont want to waste these coil stocks and also It will be a good option if any problem happens to my subtank as I dont want to depend on a single tank (although evod tanks cannot be compared with subtank) :)From now, I am using my subtank with VOCCs but I will going to start building rba as I feel that I am ready for that stage :) also I have already ordered rda to try dripping and start tasting liquids to consider the best one for me.

It's worth getting at least a spare (authentic) RBA coil head for ur STM-.SKU 2390700
You can get a spare top in various sizes SKU 3565403
and a spare authentic base SKU 2952100

One member seems to know a lot about STM MitchL

Vape bands or even this, chopped can protect ur STM & make filling it easier.

I bought a spare authentic glass, anyway.

Good luck with it all

noob forever
#16 (permalink)      10/27/2015 1:34:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
alicihanus
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 14
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
daveds50 wrote:

it's good. use them up, and move on.

thanks for asking your question... it made me dig through my box of old stuff. found an old Protank II, and stuck a coil in it and fired it up. burned that coil too... so, playing around, i rebuilt one of the coils with some 32 gauge Kanthal and some cotton, and it turned out that a 1.7 ohm coil at 7.5 watts seemed to make it work best. tasted pretty good too. anyway, back in the box to play with some other day. that was fun.

hahaha :) #oldiesbutgoldies