shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

This is the best way to fill the Aqua
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/13/2014 10:54:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
+4 details
This is the best way to fill the Aqua
I have both the Tobecc and Hot mfg clones and have found that filling both up using the upside down method is the best way.

Here is a youtube video showing how to fill it up upside down which yields 3ml of juice and no flooding of the chimney which can happen if you overfill from the top: http://youtu.be/UiR-tckIXvM

That is not my video but got a tip from someone else when I was disappointed with getting less than 2ml of juice filling it up the normal way. I was almost going to give up on the Aqua but this technique to add juice really changed my mind, now I really like it, just which it held even more juice.

I really like both versions, not sure if the Hot version is the same as this one but it looks the same aside from the packaging that FT shows which is different from what I have.
#2 (permalink)      1/14/2014 2:27:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anson
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 555
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos304
mjag1,

Can you post the photos you have of the hot version please?
#3 (permalink)      1/14/2014 2:44:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperUK
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3823
  • Reviews 91
  • Kudos2964
Do you need to unscrew the tank part first slightly, then the tip/chimney ?

I couldn`t quite figure out what he was doing exactly.
#4 (permalink)      1/14/2014 3:15:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deidroshikimato
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 299
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos223
Really you have both?...
Please tell us the differences between them. Material? Build quality? Performance?
Which is the best?

Many thanks!
#5 (permalink)      1/14/2014 11:05:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
You unscrew the tank and chimney at the same time, it also goes back the same way. You have to be careful and I would do this above a towel in case you accidently unscrew the top cap when it is full of juice. You also have to be careful the chimney doesn't work it's way loose since it is only being held on with the o-ring until it is screwed on. So far I have probably done this fill technique close to 10 times already and no spilled juice so far but I am very careful.
#6 (permalink)      1/14/2014 11:20:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
+3 details
The left picture is the Tobecco and the right is the Hot version:

The Hot version with all it comes with, I just forgot to put the other drip tip but it is the same as the Tobecco version tip.

I have only had the Hot version for 1 day but have already gone through a tank and a half. I have gone through plenty of tanks with the Tobecco as I have had it for about 3 weeks now. Hard to say which is best so far since the Hot is so new to me. With the silver plated contacts and extra tip I would give the nod to the Hot version. The threads are not as tight on the Hot version though so who knows if that will be a problems later on down the line.
#7 (permalink)      1/14/2014 11:25:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
Look at the box FT provides and the one I got, makes me wonder if it is the same mfg. The o-rings in the 5th pic on the FT page looks like the have some overhang, mine are smooth and well made.
#8 (permalink)      1/14/2014 12:59:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anson
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 555
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos304
Here are some pictures of the Hcigar version, I'll have this version in the next couple of days - wonder if they're the same manufacturer?

All the vendors that got the Hcigar version only got the 'top hat' drip tip - not the other one.
#9 (permalink)      1/14/2014 3:53:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mjag1
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 124
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos49
I would not be surprised if there was 5 or 6 different company's producing Aqua Clones so who knows where the FT clone is coming from.
#10 (permalink)      1/15/2014 1:00:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
J_Sickness
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 89
  • Kudos480
Well guys it looks really nice!

I hope this thing works out for me (Ive ordered this, the Kayfun Lite, and the Taifun GT)

so basically about $70+ into this whole RTA stuff... All i know is that im currently using a Igo- L RDA and i had to drill the air hole to 1 1/16 *i really hope i don't have to drill this stuff because it looks really really difficult.
#11 (permalink)      1/15/2014 1:50:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anson
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 555
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos304
J_Sickness,

The Taifun is the one for me, way better than the kayfun imo.
I'm looking forward to the Aqua but it seems to be a pain in the ass whoever makes it.