shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

received these today and ... update: pics
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      1/17/2014 10:40:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
equalizer1
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
@HoracePinker

Thanks for your detailed answer.
I ordered this item few days ago.
Now I'm a bit relieved.
#22 (permalink)      1/18/2014 2:13:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aesop
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 1673
  • Reviews 54
  • Kudos2675
@HoracePinker

Thanks for the breakdown and comparison. I've had the Tobeco since the end of last month and have been really happy with it. I was fortunate enough to get a hybrid pin from the vendor and it fits nicely with the FT Brass Origin. My air holes seem a bit nicer than yours (typical QC), but threads and holes were also loaded with cruft.

I've been steering my brother towards getting the other (known quality), but will happily endorse this one now :)
#23 (permalink)      1/18/2014 2:38:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5230
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5985
+1 details
Got this version today and TRUTHFULLY...besides this one coming with the extra drip tip and having RED O rings I see NO DIFFERENCE in this or the Tobeco Version, which I own 2 of. None. I got my magnifier out and compared threads and holes and If you told me these were made in the same plant you would not get any arguments from me.

The ONLY thing I see is that this version has a more pronounced tank wobble. That is probably because the Orings have not broken in and swelled yet.

Edited on 1/18/2014 at 1:47 PM. Reason:
" The next time you have a thought... let it go. " - Ron White
#24 (permalink)      1/18/2014 5:53:34 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
deidroshikimato
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 299
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos223
+1 details
@HoracePinker @Jeggedda Thanks very much for posting the images and your impressions!

Can you please tell me which metals these posts are made of in both Tobeco's and "mysterious manifacturer" Aquas? MANY thanks and kudos for you!

What about the missing o-ring? Can I find it in the bag of spare parts? Thanks!

Edited on 1/18/2014 at 5:58 AM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      1/18/2014 5:34:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vernicex
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Hi Horace, just wondering about the missing o-ring in the top cap. Can you confirm if the extra red o-ring included fits the top cap ? or should I start a hunt for an o-ring that fit now ? Cheers :)

Jeggedda just realised you received yours as well, would you care to comment on the missing o-ring in the top cap please ? Cheers ;)

Edited on 1/18/2014 at 5:35 PM. Reason:
#26 (permalink)      1/19/2014 2:54:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HoracePinker
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 156
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos153
+1 details
@Jeggedda

I agree.. they are pretty damn spot on.. but just for everyone else, i tore them down again to nitpick the internals...

Here is what i found.. I will preface this by saying i am still 100% happy with both. and imo don't think that this would create any performance differences between the two..

*Silver pin and red 0-rings are 100% BB

The chimney has a slightly different shape and finish

Positive post nut; one is smooth and one is not. both are stainless

the tobeco version has slightly wider channels. where as the 100% BB has slightly deeper (not pictured) and the 100% BB has 3 o-rings in this base on the positive post, and tobeco has nothing.. i dont see this being an issue.

Edited on 1/19/2014 at 3:08 PM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      1/19/2014 3:03:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HoracePinker
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 156
  • Reviews 17
  • Kudos153
+2 details
@deidroshikimato & @vernicex
The post is stainless.

This missing o-ring is not included with the 100$ BB. however, an extra is included with the tobeco.. i just used one out of my spares..

i did measure, to the best of my abilities, the one needed from the tobeco spares.. 19mm diameter, and 1mm thick.
#28 (permalink)      1/19/2014 3:36:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jeggedda
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 5230
  • Reviews 222
  • Kudos5985
+4 details
1. Both posts are stainless
2. Me being the nub I am I tore mine apart as soon as it came in and thought I dropped the O ring from the top screw on cap. I did as someone else here did and just grabbed another black o-ring and put it on after I soaked everything in vodka. I bought a MM oring kit in a plastic case on the auction site and have orings up the wazzo now for everything I own.
Never even noticed the tobeco did not have orings in the plastic base hole or that it did not need them.

After a couple of days of use I actually give a slight nod to this version here over the tobeco ones. My juice control actually workes easier on this version. I can adjust it without having to take the drip tip out and muscle it open.

Edited on 1/19/2014 at 3:39 PM. Reason:
" The next time you have a thought... let it go. " - Ron White
#29 (permalink)      1/19/2014 7:24:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Nemec
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
A pic on nemesis or caravela please! :)

Edited on 1/19/2014 at 7:25 PM. Reason: adding content
#30 (permalink)      1/19/2014 7:25:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vernicex
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
Hi Horace, thanks for your reply.

Could you please confirm if 19mm is the inside diameter or outside diameter ? I am actually think of buying an oring that is a bit smaller than yours, just to make sure it fit. Do you think that's a good idea ?
#31 (permalink)      1/19/2014 9:31:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
taieb.khouni
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 682
  • Reviews 41
  • Kudos433
@HoracePinker thank you for the pics buddy!

where can I find the missing oring now? I don't have spare orings because it's the first time I make an order and new to vaping.. the only oring sizes I can find so far here in FT are 8mm, 16mm and 24mm..

any suggestions?

Edited on 1/19/2014 at 9:32 PM. Reason: