shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

running very hot
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/2/2014 5:55:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steam_ahead
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 119
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos81
...so as promised, I build my standart coils with some silica. Burny taste
then I tried dual chimneys. Hot as hell
next I made a nanodragon in the middle. Too much flash
Then I made 2 standart coils with 28 gauge and cotton....CRAP and hot.
I'm sad
My next attempt probably will be Microcoils at 0.3 ohm.
#12 (permalink)      2/2/2014 6:25:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dwstruth
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 529
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos202
I hope you're not expecting that 0.3 build to cool it down! LOL. Mine was getting hot on my 1st build. I just pushed the coils toward the air holes, which is also away from the chimney, and I've been using it for a week now. The heat basically went away.
#13 (permalink)      2/2/2014 11:20:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aesop
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 1673
  • Reviews 54
  • Kudos2675
@steam_ahead how low are your ohms on the dual chimneys? I switched to dual chimneys with cotton and my 0.4 ohm is cooler than my 0.6 ohm build.

At the same time, there's only so low you can go with this atty. It has a very small chamber, leading to a chimney to you. The juice will act as an insulator keeping the heat in and emitting it back to the chamber. The air flow system works like a cold air intake on a car, pulling cooler air from well below the firing chamber, but that also only helps so much.

Short of boring out the air holes, I feel like 0.4 is the lower limit on this for a comfortable vape.
#14 (permalink)      2/4/2014 12:07:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
steam_ahead
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 119
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos81
+2 details
my dual chimneys were 0.8 ohm in total. I did't like it.

I found a fitting anti-wobble o-ring, put it on that pom-driptip-adapter and put an extra long driptip on top of that. No burned lips anymore.

Yust for lulz I now build a quadcoil, 0.37 ohm in total.
I LOVE IT !!
I don't know why, but it don't get as hot as my previous builds. I opened the juice control one turn to enhance the feeding. Vapor production is great, taste is great, flash is low.

BEST BUILD EVER. Great Atty (LOL)
#15 (permalink)      4/9/2014 5:30:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
uMatej
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 241
  • Reviews 246
  • Kudos86

This is how it should look. 29awg kanthal, 6 wraps on 2.4mm rod , 0.7 ohm with 18500 efest battery in nemesis.
Leads of the coils are in the middle of the base. All 4 wraped once around the posts for easier building.

Instant delicious vapor :D
#16 (permalink)      4/10/2014 4:35:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
uMatej
  • JoinedDec 2012
  • Posts 241
  • Reviews 246
  • Kudos86
I forgot to mention, when the setup is right and the coil leads are close together, there wont be any heating problems. I can chain vape my aqua for 5-8 times with 3sec drags and it does get just a little warm , with 0.8 ohm build. :)

My first attempts on aqua werent so good. Tank got very hot after just 5 drags... Get your build right!!! and you will be surprised how good that small atomizer really is. Oh man that great flavor and vapor :)