shopping cart empty
Not that good at all, actually, complete failure after about 8 months
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/28/2017 5:16:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
+2 details
Not that good at all, actually, complete failure after about 8 months
Right, I thought this would be as good as the i2, but sadly it is not.

3 of the 4 channels completely failed after about 7-8 months, one after another.

The springs are absolutely the worst part of it - they are designed very badly and I am surprised to see this kind of low quality from Nitecore and thus decided to not buy them again in the future.

The springs are welded to the main board in such a way, that you will inevitably break all of them off.

Inserting a battery in this charger is just hell as the springs are so tight. Each time you pull with the battery itself, it feels like it breaks when it finally moves.

This is nothing like the i2, which I have used for about 2 years with absolutely no problems.

Overall, I no longer recommend this charger to anyone. In fact, I recommend avoiding it.
#2 (permalink)      7/28/2017 5:34:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jaccoman
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2948
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos2625
+1 details
#3 (permalink)      7/28/2017 5:41:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jaccoman
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2948
  • Reviews 76
  • Kudos2625
+3 details
As you can clearly see, the one sold on Fasttech is obviously a FAKE Nitecore D4

This is the original D4 on top:

I'd ask for a refund and notify FT they are selling fake Nitecores.
I am Groot.
#4 (permalink)      7/28/2017 5:53:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5359
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6390
+1 details
That sux. I have cheap, single, xtar that has run constantly for almost two years for $7. I'd ask for a partial refund, too. You can ask, at least since it shouldn't burn out that fast.
For The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terriers...
#5 (permalink)      7/28/2017 6:07:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 29406
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos23162
+1 details
Not denying your experience. I just think I should add my experience because it's the opposite of yours.

There's one of these in my shop bought here a couple years ago. It's mounted on the wall beside my cordless tool chargers. It's used by 1 to 4 vapers daily and keeps 3 flashlights topped up. It gets hit by grinder debris and covered in saw dust. It gets blasted out with compressed air with the rest of the chargers every month or so.

The only thing that has failed is the spring holding power on 18350s. Being wall mounted the springs are working against gravity and these are probably not designed to collect sawdust. I flipped it upside down on the wall a while back and it's been fine since.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're a fallacy impaired liar. You're simply not worthy of my attention, sorry about your luck.
#6 (permalink)      7/28/2017 6:13:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
+1 details
No, it is not a fake - thank you for these pictures. I checked and all the details on mine are identical to the "real" one. I do not think FT sell fakes, unless stated "styled". Never had a fake delivered to me by them. Maybe second grade authentics with defects? Yes, but not fakes.

I simply think the springs are way too tight, and ultimately WILL fail.

The fix for it is to re-weld the spring to the main board, and also to stretch out the springs.

But instead, I bought a different brand - LiitoKala 500. Hopefully that one is ok.

And yeah, the springs on the i2 are much softer and never get "stuck" like that.

Both chargers used at IDENTICAL spots in my room, so the same gravity effects and amounts of dust collection.

The D4 springs were like this from the start and I thought it would be ok.

Also, your mileage may vary, no argument, but I posted this in a local forum and many people responded they had the same problem and posted guides on how to fix it (as I explained above).

Just beware.

Edited on 7/28/2017 at 6:13 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      7/28/2017 6:25:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15348
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50857
+1 details
@Jaccoman

Thanks! That's some valuable information right there!
I'm sure FT didn't know that this one is not authentic. I guess that can happen, as they don't buy directly from the manufacturer most of the time, from what one hears...

Bought mine 13 month ago from another, best, place. Got lucky as it seems. No problems with it, even though it's my daily driver on my desk.

“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#8 (permalink)      7/28/2017 6:28:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2466
My D4 has been in constant use and works as well as the day I purchased it a few years ago. I hope their quality isn't slipping. Mine is a US model.
#9 (permalink)      7/28/2017 6:29:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Broko
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 194
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos56
+1 details
Has anyone got proof that FT sells the non-authentic one? I am definitely not going through 25 pages of that forum thread to find examples.

I can provide photos of mine so that you can see it is exactly the same as those "real" photos provided.

Don't jump on a bandwagon because of this thread, it is simply possible that the springs on some of the original units are not soft enough and lead to this failure.

Furthermore, for 8 months this charger has charged EVERY cell properly. My DNA75 and DNA250 chips are more than capable to read capacity and the batteries have never even once showed any sign of bad charge cycles or overheating during charging.

I refuse the argument that FT has sold me a fake, because it is simply not true. Maybe accept the fact that the authentic product is not perfect, or maybe FT sells second-grade authentics that did not pass all QC tests.
#10 (permalink)      7/28/2017 6:33:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15348
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50857
+1 details
The pictures FT uses show the characteristics of the fake. For example the yellow connector on the back.
If yours look like the original, FT has not noticed. Maybe they received fakes in the beginning and got real ones later?
“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#11 (permalink)      7/28/2017 6:35:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 29406
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos23162
It's Friday night here. I'll look at mine Monday.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're a fallacy impaired liar. You're simply not worthy of my attention, sorry about your luck.