shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

So weird
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      2/1/2015 2:02:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3454
I say F**K Em - it's their money grabbing ways that cause clones to exist.

This is funny and all but if the designers/original manufacturers didn't set ridiculous prices in the first place we wouldn't be having to look elsewhere.

$140 for an RTA or RDA or $200 for a mechanical mod made in the U.S. or wherever that can be bought for 10 to 15 times cheapedr here, you can not convince me in anyway that the U.S. "original" required more work/longer man hours or better more expensive materials.

Either the designer/original manufacturers lower the prices or STFU and except that not every one can or wants to afford the 10 or 15 times the price of the original over clones, they also need to accept that just because someone buys a clone it DOES NOT mean if the clone didn't exist they would have bought the original.

I know for a fact if there were no clones I'd not buy more than 1 of the cheapest rda's and 1 rta I could find and build my own box mod and be happy but because they exist I can collect and try many different mechs, rda's & tanks - all cloning does is open up a wider market, CLONING DOES NOT TAKE AWAY FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURERS PROFITS/SALES.

Edited on 2/2/2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason:
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#22 (permalink)      2/1/2015 3:25:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
passerbyeus
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos2
+1 details
If they can just dump money on fake gear to prove a point then they should not over price the real things they do make....thank goodness for clones to prove our point....

mtv71 wrote:

Pmsl footoon made a completely useless non functioning atty to see if the cloners would copy it...and they did!!!
This is the funniest fucking thing I have seen in ages,kudos.

Edited on 2/1/2015 at 3:26 PM. Reason:
#23 (permalink)      2/1/2015 6:33:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mtv71
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 1521
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos1946
+2 details
passerbyeus wrote:

If they can just dump money on fake gear to prove a point then they should not over price the real things they do make....thank goodness for clones to prove our point....mtv71 wrote:Pmsl footoon made a completely useless non functioning atty to see if the cloners would copy it...and they did!!!This is the funniest fucking thing I have seen in ages,kudos.

I believe it was blueprints mate.
Perhaps they knocked up a couple (at no great expense to themselves) and allowed them to fall Into the hands of the cloners.
Fact of the matter is it goes to show that clone manufacturers have cloned something that stands no chance of working so they havent tested it and would worryingly sell it on to users.
Also fasttech have listed it for sale is a bigger worry, proves they havent got a fucking clue what they are selling.
But for me the funniest thing to come out of this is certain members of this forum still trying to work out how this thing is meant to work...talk about egg on the face!!!

Watergate...Irangate...now Zerogate.
#24 (permalink)      2/1/2015 10:15:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gainn
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 1068
  • Reviews 24
  • Kudos696
+2 details
<<{[^.^]}>>Every Cloud Has A Custard Lining<<{[^.^]}>>
#25 (permalink)      2/1/2015 10:20:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4811
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3163
Whose design is this, i wonder?

Yesterday i looked around some-- not very much mind you, and couldn't find anything.

Might it actually be somebody's original design that's been passed off as a clone?
#26 (permalink)      2/2/2015 12:15:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tonypp
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2623
  • Reviews 210
  • Kudos1668
yes, ^ that was my initial thought after brief excitement for a real aqua 3.

whatever the hell it is, does it necessarily have to be a follow up to the aqua series by footoon, buffoon, or whoever the fk that guy is?
surely in the world of attys and clones and exploding mods, anyone can name their atty anything they like, even starting out the first of a series and calling it the v3.
there are no rules. this is the wild west, except in the east, and not just wild, but completely insane.

Edited on 2/2/2015 at 12:16 AM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      2/2/2015 12:57:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3454
bensooft wrote:

Whose design is this, i wonder?

Yesterday i looked around some-- not very much mind you, and couldn't find anything.

Might it actually be somebody's original design that's been passed off as a clone?

You should read the rest of this thread. The Aqua designer (Footoon?) "leaked" fake blueprints of the "aqua v3" to bait cloners into making a near worthless RTA - and it worked.

Only issue I have aside from it being funny is the original designer is misguided in believing the clone market detracts, in a notable manner, from the originals market/ total sales.
No one buy's only a replica AC Cobra or Ferrari if they can afford the Original car, although they may by both!

Edited on 2/2/2015 at 1:00 PM. Reason:
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#28 (permalink)      2/2/2015 2:27:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
nerfologist
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 5480
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos7123
@ AuralVirus do you have proof of any of this?
Loud and proud member of the FT EW Club. #EWindahouse - NEW ACHIEVEMENT AWARDED - Entitled Noob. Yayyyy. :D
#29 (permalink)      2/2/2015 2:44:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4811
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3163
AuralVirus wrote:

You should read the rest of this thread.

o yeah i read the thread ... i started it. Check the first post.

Just not a conspiracy guy is all.

Since nothing's proven yet, as surmises go it's more interesting to me to look at this atty as something that may work, than as something that absolutely won't.

After all if it does work, then it's something interesting to play with. Toys! Never enough of'em.

edit: but hell yeah, i like to read abt a good conspiracy. Don't let me stop anyone!

Edited on 2/2/2015 at 2:46 PM. Reason:
#30 (permalink)      2/2/2015 2:56:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25357
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20437
+1 details
bensooft wrote:

as surmises go it's more interesting to me to look at this atty as something that may work, than as something that absolutely won't.

It will be funny if this thing turns out to deliver the best flavor of them all. Working or not I am looking forward to reviews!

If it was a conspiracy we the clone buyer will be footing the bill for it in future offerings. If not monetary it could have an effect on how soon a cloner goes to production of a new item.

Edited on 2/2/2015 at 3:00 PM. Reason:
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#31 (permalink)      2/2/2015 3:19:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bensooft
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4811
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos3163
+2 details
ha!! My thots exactly.

Goes with what AuralVirus said;

they also need to accept that just because someone buys a clone it DOES NOT mean if the clone didn't exist they would have bought the original.I know for a fact if there were no clones I'd not buy more than 1 of the cheapest rda's and 1 rta I could find and build my own box mod and be happy but because they exist I can collect and try many different mechs, rda's & tanks - all cloning does is open up a wider market, CLONING DOES NOT TAKE AWAY FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURERS PROFITS/SALES.

Probably we all agree with that or we wouldn't hang around here.