shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Latest "Improvements" For Me Wicking
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/25/2015 7:39:00 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
c411um
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 2108
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos2056
What resistance and voltage? What coil and VG ratio?
There's stupid, and then there's Trump Derangement Syndrome stupid
#12 (permalink)      7/25/2015 7:42:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25357
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20437
Isn't it always nice to find that sweet spot?
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#13 (permalink)      7/26/2015 6:06:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
c411um wrote:

What resistance and voltage? What coil and VG ratio?

0.8 ohm

25-35w

50/50

The last method I did hasn't worked either, still dry hitting, it's deffo not getting into the chamber rather than the actual wick method.

#14 (permalink)      7/26/2015 6:31:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
c411um
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 2108
  • Reviews 147
  • Kudos2056
+2 details
I'm at 0.7/26w with 26ga/2.5mm.
I don't get any dry hits but I don't chain vape, usually 4-5 second hits with 4-5 second gap in between and usually only 4-5 hits at a time so different vaping style may struggle with my build which is nothing fancy at all, just cotton straight down over the channels but I do space my coils.
I cover the channels as I lay my mod down a lot and I don't want it leaking.

You may have mentioned it before but if you tighten the top cap too much it can scrunch up the lower gasket causing it to block one of the channels slightly.

Edited on 7/26/2015 at 6:33 AM. Reason:
There's stupid, and then there's Trump Derangement Syndrome stupid
#15 (permalink)      7/26/2015 6:55:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
I think I've snagged it Callum,

I've done a narrower wick, same method as yesterday but I've narrowed the strip to 5-6mm, this results in a snuggish wick in the coil but not tight,

Getting a bubble currently for the last 40 minutes so maybe this is it,

]--[ <---- this is about the wick strip width I cut this time

Edited on 7/26/2015 at 6:55 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      7/26/2015 7:33:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
+1 details
c411um wrote:

I'm at 0.7/26w with 26ga/2.5mm. I don't get any dry hits but I don't chain vape, usually 4-5 second hits with 4-5 second gap in between and usually only 4-5 hits at a time so different vaping style may struggle with my build which is nothing fancy at all, just cotton straight down over the channels but I do space my coils. I cover the channels as I lay my mod down a lot and I don't want it leaking.You may have mentioned it before but if you tighten the top cap too much it can scrunch up the lower gasket causing it to block one of the channels slightly.

Ive never tried spaced coils.
If only because when I began It was drilled into me that they had to be squished together.
Whats the purpose of them being spaced apart?

THE BELOW 4 SHOTS ARE PICTURES OF A NEWLY ARRIVED LEMO 2 WITH THEIR OWN BUILD ON THE COILS + WICKED

There is often something to be said for the build that the companies send to you
Whenever I get a new atty, I always rebuild BUT, I also take photos and pay attention to the build
they have deemed works
if mine fails, I look at theirs

Here are 4 photos showing you exactly what i have explained a couple of times
you might want to also try this build
i have 3 Lemos, 50/50 juice and each one works perfectly
this is the wick that works for me, except, I cut mine a bit shorter so they are not longer than the deck level that sits right atop the channels, but mine, as explained a few times, sit right there. They don't go into the channels but sit right there so they are touching and the juice naturally runs right into it without leaking

Anyhow, someone else might want to be reminded of how their Lemo came but has since forgotten...

(sorry not the best photos as I intended to just keep them for myself)

Edited on 7/26/2015 at 7:36 AM. Reason: fixed HTML
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#17 (permalink)      7/26/2015 7:34:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#18 (permalink)      7/26/2015 1:08:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
tbh Shelagh I don't think it makes any difference, I think there's a terrible mind snobbery going on in vaping where the placebo of I had to make this coil on a lathe, I sheered a sheep for wicking etc makes people believe it's better when it simply isn't,

From my experiences juice changes flavour by the day as it ages, it hits an up point (normally 3 days after) and then the combo of air in the bottle and the juice sucking the moisture out of the air makes the juice taste like shit by the 6 day,

I've heard it all, Inawera, use small % and leave for 4 weeks, 4 weeks later 1 bottle of liquid ear wax, I use FW myself because I'm hard and like to test my lungs 8-? and no matter what I do % wise, steep wise it's always good for 4 days max then it gains an after taste and gets weaker, the weaker part is probably due to taste bud saturation as well, even when I shop bought ready made it was the same experience,

So don't read too much into it or you'll end up standing on the corner of Confusion Street,

Thx again for the help Callum, the above isn't aimed your way.
#19 (permalink)      7/26/2015 3:31:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Long_tom1
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 834
  • Reviews 122
  • Kudos483
+2 details
Has no one noticed that the glass for the lemo2 is tapered wider at one end. Wider end for the bottom for good wicking and narrower end for the top for the piss poor O ring they supply to seal the top of the glass
Vapin stoopid is just natural selection in progress. Remember no matter where you go there you are.
#20 (permalink)      7/26/2015 4:30:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
Long_tom1 wrote:

Has no one noticed that the glass for the lemo2 is tapered wider at one end. Wider end for the bottom for good wicking and narrower end for the top for the piss poor O ring they supply to seal the top of the glass

Son of a bleach he's right y'know!

It's not obvious and you can't really see it but if you put a finger in either end and use your thumbs you'll feel a bulge on the outside at one end that isn't there at the other.

Update to follow.

#21 (permalink)      7/27/2015 3:59:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos731
Hey puff u vape 33 watts single coil wdf? 50/50 pg i tryed dat n waay to much dos ur tank sound like dis? 24 guage 7 wraps https://vid.me/D9sy
Peace