shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

High VG Build
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/26/2015 11:37:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Feenty
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos5
+4 details
High VG Build
Hi!

I've created a video about a very simple build for high VG juice. (It's in hungarian language, but i think its enough to see what i am doing).
This is a very simple build, easy to reproduce, takes only a minute to create. Works great on 2 mm to 3 mm inner coil diameter with 60VG-90VG juices both in MC or TC mode without dry hits or gurgling, with great flavour.
You only need to find the ideal ammount of cotton (use as much as you can without deforming the coil), but you dont need to play with its lenght or its shape.
Youtube Link
The wicking starts from 11min

Edited on 7/26/2015 at 11:41 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      7/27/2015 6:02:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
You cheated and didn't use the kanthal holes :-)

I'm beginning to think the Lemo 2 needs more cotton to create a reservoir to the coil rather than less where the power will dry the wick too fast,

Is that the supplied cotton or something else you used?

I did this build myself but didn't leave the ears so long, I'll give it a try later and report back.
#3 (permalink)      7/27/2015 6:19:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Feenty
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos5
Its muji bought from here.
Try it without cut the ends. (its 6cm long).
Now im using this wicking with 0.05 ohms temp controll, with 70VG juice at 50 Joules on SX mini... Huge puffer without dry hits.
Its simple but working well.
#4 (permalink)      7/27/2015 6:27:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
Cheers, I've not got a TC mod yet, I've got the Muji but I'm finding the stuff eleaf pack with the tank better,

Just going for another test in a mo, I'm going to wick tank 2 with Muji but the same as I did tank 1 with eleaf cotton, I was replicating it as it came from the factory,

Deffo something in using more cotton I think though.
#5 (permalink)      7/27/2015 6:40:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
Stranger things, just Muji'd it the same way I did the first tank and it's working lovely, getting a good bubble from both like yours, I cut a strip about 10mm wide and stripped it back top and bottom, twist up one end and pull through as I'm twisting,

Yep, it just passed a chain vape and wicked itself wet again,

Seems to me from my personal ones is to have just enough cotton hanging out of the coil to drop lower than the deck by about 1-2mm and then wet it back, fit chimney and adjust the cotton to spread ensuring the gap over the channel,

I will try your ears method next to see what a full packing does, I think the coil likes it tight for best results.

Edited on 7/27/2015 at 6:42 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      7/27/2015 7:14:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Feenty
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos5
Imho it doesnt matter what kind of cotton are we using (muji or cellucotton, or simple organic cotton). For chain waping we need big buffer and thats the point where the long ears comes in.
When you bending back the end of the ears try to lift them up a very little from the bottom of the deck. So it can drink from the bottom, and from the chanel what you made with the screwdiver too.

For me there is only one problem with this wicking: drinks too much :) before this wicking i've used 10-20 ml per day
Now i need 20-30 :).

Edited on 7/27/2015 at 7:15 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      7/27/2015 8:11:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23171
Heres a video I just found

the guy does this exactly as i do
same wattage area, etc.
This video focuses on his disbelief that people get dry hits
i dont either
in the comments a few suggest they were until this build

i never saw this until now so not sure how I knew to do it this way
but found it interesting for this is the first person I have run across
that wicks his lemo 2 the same way i do, at least that I am aware of

the only difference is that I fluff mine up a bit
but then i flatten it down against the wall just as he has
so not really sure if the fluff does much :)

Hopefully the Ops video will be the answer but if not, u might want to try this way

I do 50/50 though, not High VG

No Dry Hits - Lemo 2 Build/Wick

Edited on 7/27/2015 at 8:13 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#8 (permalink)      7/27/2015 11:48:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Feenty
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos5
ShelaghStone wrote:

Heres a video I just foundthe guy does this exactly as i dosame wattage area, etc.This video focuses on his disbelief that people get dry hitsi dont eitherin the comments a few suggest they were until this buildi never saw this until now so not sure how I knew to do it this waybut found it interesting for this is the first person I have run acrossthat wicks his lemo 2 the same way i do, at least that I am aware ofthe only difference is that I fluff mine up a bitbut then i flatten it down against the wall just as he hasso not really sure if the fluff does much :)Hopefully the Ops video will be the answer but if not, u might want to try this wayI do 50/50 though, not High VGNo Dry Hits - Lemo 2 Build/Wick

I like the simple solutions, and this one is simple too. But this build is not for me... I like lovering the coils as much as it possible... And if i lovering the coils, in this wicking method i think i should "break" the cotton... But who knows?!... Next time i will give it a chance! Thanks!

#9 (permalink)      7/28/2015 5:11:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
That's virtually how I did mine yesterday Shelagh only I left a bit more length, so far not a dry one in the house, I did however split the chim and adjust before putting the top part on, after all the faff I've had with it this is the only way I'll be wicking it in future and it does kinda align with how eleaf sends them out anyway
#10 (permalink)      7/28/2015 5:17:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42155
You can always add a few drops of distilled water to VG (10ml) to make it runnier, it doesn't take much.
#11 (permalink)      7/28/2015 5:55:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Puff_Cabby
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 7453
  • Reviews 48
  • Kudos3894
+1 details
wuwei.ap wrote:

You can always add a few drops of distilled water to VG (10ml) to make it runnier, it doesn't take much.

True but you shouldn't have to, anyway this build is working well enough now on a 50/50, might try a 10/90 to see if it is the amount of wick that defines it.

p.s I've a better way, if you leave 100ml of vg in a 200ml glass bottle and don't touch it for a few weeks it thins itself naturally due to the vg sucking the moisture out of the air.

Edited on 7/28/2015 at 5:56 AM. Reason: