shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Nearing the end of it's life. :(
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/22/2016 11:38:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skylined
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos37
+2 details
Nearing the end of it's life. :(
So after six months of extremely heavy use and abuse of mine, sadly.. it's near the end of it's life. Fire button no longer clicks, and I fear that one day soon it will no longer function. The threading on the 510 "mod side", has become cross threaded and I have to force the tank into it so it's seated properly - also only a matter of time until it's no longer usable.

These are the only two issues that I've had with this device in the six months that I've had it and they are only with the mod itself, and not the tank. The tank is a die hard little champ, and would have been fine for many more months of use on another mod; although I've already ordered the new topbox mini started kit from here. Overall, this device is awesome, and pretty damn durable considering what I've put it through at work "I'm a welder" with dropping it, and all the various dings it's taken, plus using it for about 10 to 15ml of juice daily, for six months.

Pretty good for something that was reasonably cheap and I would buy it again for sure.

Hopefully, "fingers crossed" it will hold on for the month that it takes for shipping from China to Canada for my new topbox mini to arrive.
#2 (permalink)      1/22/2016 12:59:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
martinc
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 5980
  • Reviews 273
  • Kudos3529
The 510 might be replaceable
non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam
#3 (permalink)      1/22/2016 1:13:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicMeldrew
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 712
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos508
The USB charge port fell out of mine a few weeks back,making carring spare batts around much more necessary as i can no longer charge it on the go in the car. But heyho like OP the mod still work and the tank still rocks on.
Vote in haste.Repent at leisure.
#4 (permalink)      1/22/2016 1:36:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5427
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7130
Also very pleased with my Subox Mini kits but their time in my collection is coming to and end. They will be vaped forward to friends wanting to quit smoking.

Consider a new Kbox 120 or 200 as a backup mod. I'm very pleased with mine. I've got Topbox kits in red and silver coming too. If the Temp Control on the new Kbox Mini uses the same software as the Kbox 120/200 it will be a nice improvement from the (very good) Kbox Mini that came in the Subox kit.
#5 (permalink)      1/22/2016 2:25:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skylined
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos37
Funny that I wrote this today, cause I just refilled my tank and it no longer holds on the Mod. Guess I'll have to break down and go to one of the local Vape shops and spend money on something that will hold me over until my other arrives.
#6 (permalink)      1/22/2016 2:56:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicMeldrew
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 712
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos508
As long as mine holds out till my crius lands im happy.my backup atm is the Protank 2 mini the misses has swiped.She is already eyeing up my subby so i expect i will be stumping a third evic as her Spinner is the wrong colour(rolls eyes at wimmins foibles)
Sorry to hear about the fail Skylined,hope you can find summat cheap and usuable,one of my local B+M's sells on customers old gear so mayhap you will get lucky
Vote in haste.Repent at leisure.
#7 (permalink)      1/22/2016 3:01:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3124
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5380
+1 details
Personally I would suggest getting a couple of SKU 2292900 as backups for the future

Not complicated, but cheep and relatively tough with enough range for most people
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#8 (permalink)      1/22/2016 3:28:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Skylined
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos37
Right, but I need one now. :)

I already have the topbox mini on the way, but that's going to take a month. I have to get something to tide me over for now, but my local vape shops suck and are extremely overpriced.
#9 (permalink)      1/22/2016 3:57:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaddyDead
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 3124
  • Reviews 302
  • Kudos5380
Just a thought but do you have a 510/ego adapter

I find the threads are a bit longer then most tanks so it may screw on and get you away, till your replacement comes in ... works great on my Envy17
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes - Quod erat demonstrandum
#10 (permalink)      1/22/2016 3:59:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Michelarm
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 3312
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos731
My vape shops sells this for £44.99 + battery quite good.1
#11 (permalink)      1/22/2016 5:35:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jumpjet
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 812
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos627
Probably one of these heatsinks will help those with dodgy 510 connectors. You only have to it fit once, then your tanks have a new thread to use.

Kepler & Other 510 Heatsinks

Edited on 1/22/2016 at 5:36 PM. Reason:
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car - Bob Monkhouse