shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

First time mod buyer. Need held
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/18/2017 9:53:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ayansinha
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
First time mod buyer. Need held
I'm using a vape pen and wanna to buy this mod. But I don't know anything about the coils and atomizers. Does coil and atomizer need to replace after few weeks of use? Where can I get another coil? I see that three different coils are in the subbox mini. Why three coils? And different coil if for what? And what about the atomizer? I don't know anything. Please help

I also see there is a cotton like think in subbox mini. Whis is this for? And the 1.2 ohm coils is for direct use. I mean open the packet and just use the coil or I need to open coil and setup it?

Edited on 1/19/2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      1/18/2017 10:11:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7788
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos29178
+5 details
There's three coils:
-a 0.5ohm coil for direct lung inhales
-a 1.2 ohm coil for mouth to lung inhales
-a rebuildable coil to make your own coils on.

If you're using a vape pen now, you're probably only going to use the 1.2ohm mouth-to-lung coil. They're great, and this is really a great tank for that. You'll notice a much better flavor than from your vape pen.

Although the tank is great, I'm not a big fan of the mod. I would advice you to buy the tank separately and buy an Evic VTC Mini as a mod. With that combination you have a very durable set-up. Pick up an extra set of 1.2 ohm coils from here, and you're golden for quite a while.

The coils lasts anywhere from 1-3 weeks depending how much you vape, what kind of liquid you use, and how well you saturate them the first time before the first use.

Subtank mini separately: SKU 2769900
Evic VTC Mini: SKU 3331700
1.2 ohm coils: SKU 2010103
Edit: like Metis said below, you need a safe battery for such mods. These are safe and work very well:
LG HG2: SKU 2727501
Samsung 30Q: SKU 3935802

Edited on 1/18/2017 at 10:40 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      1/18/2017 10:14:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 25513
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos20618
Get the toptank nano kit if you are bent on Kanger... Works great...
We’re paying congress millions to do nothing. We’re paying Trump nothing to do everything.
#4 (permalink)      1/18/2017 10:21:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5427
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7130
+1 details
If you are looking for one that only uses the pre-made coils, consider the Subox Mini-C kit. (Black SKU 5435500) It's an updated version but that does not have a rebuildable coil option. Less expensive, too. Uses the same coils (Kanger SSOCC)
#5 (permalink)      1/18/2017 10:25:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MetisRebel
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 5359
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos6390
+1 details
Ayansinha wrote:

I'm using a vape pen and wanna to buy this mod. But I don't know anything about the coils and atomizers. Does coil and atomizer need to replace after few weeks of use? Where can I get another coil? I see that three different coils are in the subbox mini. Why three coils? And different coil if for what? And what about the atomizer? I don't know anything. Please help

Be aware that if you have a tank, you WILL need to replace coils when they start to taste crappy. If you change flavours you will need to wash everything out unless you use more than one atomizer.

The atomizer pieces are not disposable so that means more bang for your buck over the long haul.

The atomizer, if cared for, will last a long time.

You can buy packages of coils as long as your atomizer is still working.

Different coils react differently. This depends on personal taste although if you are new, I'd agree with airwinny that your coils will work for you at 1.2 or higher. Also, the higher the coil resistance, the longer your battery will last before charging.

You will also need 18650 batteries for any of the suggested mods (battery boxes)

For The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terriers...
#6 (permalink)      1/19/2017 1:44:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ayansinha
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
I also see there is a cotton like think in subbox mini. Whis is this for? And the 1.2 ohm coils is for direct use. I mean open the packet and just use the coil or I need to open coil and setup it?
#7 (permalink)      1/19/2017 2:08:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kyugo
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1817
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos1710
+3 details
Ayansinha wrote:

Like AW said, you wil be getting three coil heads in the box.

airwinny wrote:

There's three coils:
-a 0.5ohm coil for direct lung inhales
-a 1.2 ohm coil for mouth to lung inhales
-a rebuildable coil to make your own coils on.

It's recommended that you use the 1.2ohm head first, since that will give you the closest vape experience to your vape pen.

How long have you been using your pen? Have you ever had to change the coil heads for them before?

Here is a video on how to use the tank and change the coils on this tank: Kanger SUBOX Mini Kit Detailed Review w/ Updated Subtank Mini

You can try using the 0.5ohm head later and see if you like it.

Here's a tutorial on building the RBA head: Kanger Subtank Mini RTA Build

You know what people need most? The strength to do what's possible, the courage to accept what is not, and the wisdom to know the difference.
#8 (permalink)      1/19/2017 2:20:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ayansinha
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
I'm using my cape pen for 4 monthes and not so good. Liquid comes to mouth. I changed my coil head two times which is with the package
#9 (permalink)      1/19/2017 2:29:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kyugo
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1817
  • Reviews 28
  • Kudos1710
Ayansinha wrote:

I changed my coil head two times which is with the package

The ready made coils for this work the same way.

You know what people need most? The strength to do what's possible, the courage to accept what is not, and the wisdom to know the difference.
#10 (permalink)      1/19/2017 2:34:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ayansinha
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
So what do you suggest to buy at once?
I'm form India and it takes much time to get my order in my hand. So I want to purchase all necessary accessory with subbox mini mod that I don't need to purchase for months.
I vape around 50-70 puff a day
#11 (permalink)      1/19/2017 3:10:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3809
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2987
+2 details
vape pen to sub ohm ? oh dear
I told you so !