Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

So despite being a great little atty....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      7/22/2015 12:11:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12089
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32151
Ah you replied before I posted, so yes, that one , cheers mate. Bagged !
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#12 (permalink)      7/22/2015 12:13:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12089
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32151
That drip tips obscene though ! Lol
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#13 (permalink)      7/22/2015 12:14:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+1 details
That looks like a solid one. Definitely worth the money. I've actually seriously considered getting an authentic. I've had builds down to .23 ohm in mine with no issues and nothing melted. So far all of the ones I have bought have come with extra insulators as well. I'm thinking of taking advantage of that and trying one as a squonker. lol
#14 (permalink)      7/22/2015 12:17:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+1 details
Andy.lion wrote:

That drip tips obscene though ! Lol

None of mine came with drip tips, but a Derringer DT works very nicely with it. If that one is a wide bore it would work nicely as well.

Edit: Unless you mean the pawn looking one. Yeah, if you meant that one at least it's on the potato version and not one of the respectable ones... lol

Edited on 7/22/2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      7/22/2015 12:36:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
YetiVapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1431
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos1056
I love my little Omerta... weird little atty, but has fantastic flavor. And you can find them for about $3 because most people are morons and ignore good products.
#16 (permalink)      7/22/2015 12:46:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+1 details
YetiVapor wrote:

I love my little Omerta... weird little atty, but has fantastic flavor. And you can find them for about $3 because most people are morons and ignore good products.

My best source of $3 Omertas has dried up. lol

I think FT might have the cheapest now.

#17 (permalink)      7/27/2015 7:55:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6193
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4456
Yeah I just looked I was going to direct people to the place I got mine for less, now it's gone...

I like it, but it's a little tight for me on the airflow, but only with the top holes not the sides. I really like top airflow though so I took a drimmel to mine and brutalized it to the point of no return!!!!

It's great as is, MTL, but for me personally lung inhales it was tight from the top airflow. I will say though, that it has extremely good flavor, it's not a bitch to build but it's not for little girls that get there feelings hurt easily.. I think that's what kind of killed the price on it, OK that and the cloud bro's...

Kind of regret kicking my Omerta's arse with the drimmel though. I miss the as is version now, I might have to get a 2nd. DefMunky is right on the atty, but be warned it's not only not for massive airflow it's not for regular airflow, it's restrictive but rewarding with flavor. The metal quality of mine is also really good, worth a mention, and the sleeve is nice and snug so if your going top it stays put, if you go sides it stays sides. Don't buy this crap with the paint in places it shouldn't be though. I mean damn you can't remove one piece from the other to paint it? That's just stupid... Or get it but fine grain sand this off before you use it because it does get hot.
#18 (permalink)      7/27/2015 11:53:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
EternalSpline wrote:

I really like top airflow though so I took a drimmel to mine and brutalized it to the point of no return!!!!

The thing to remember is that the Omerta does not have true top airflow. It does have air holes on the top, but the air travels down a channel and comes in through the side still. So no matter which holes you use, top or side, the air always hits the coils from the sides.

You can see the channels in this pic:

I'm not really directing this at you EternalSpline, as I believe you already knew that from when we talked about it before. I just thought it might bear repeating if anyone was reading about it for the first time. lol

I just got done cleaning a couple of new acquisitions... a black and an SS Omerta... That brings me up to two black and three SS Omertas. I might have a problem... lol

#19 (permalink)      7/28/2015 12:32:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
YetiVapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1431
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos1056
Has anybody tried sanding off the logo? I'd love to try it but don't want to fuck mine up.
#20 (permalink)      7/28/2015 12:43:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+1 details
I haven't. The logo doesn't bother me. It's kinda classy. lol

If you can find a way to chuck it onto a drill or lathe I don't think it would be hard to do at all. Just finish it with a medium grit sandpaper to keep a similar look to the original finish. Or polish it if you like! lol

Just remember to turn the cap somehow and keep the sandpaper still so the scratch lines are all going the same direction and look brushed instead of fucked up. Don't scrub! lol Also you'll want to start the cap turning before you touch the sandpaper to it, and remove the sandpaper before you stop the cap.

If you already know all this, sorry, just trying to help! :p
#21 (permalink)      7/28/2015 12:47:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
YetiVapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1431
  • Reviews 98
  • Kudos1056
Thanks for the tips.

I don't really mind it most of the time, but when I put it on my LPG the logo is half covered. Perfect match for that mod otherwise.