Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

So despite being a great little atty....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      7/28/2015 2:45:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
DefMunky wrote:

SKU 2004203

It calls it gold, but it looks brass to me. Even if it isn't brass if it is a good, hard finish I'll be fine with it. That top AFC never touches anything inside the chamber. I'll let you know if it's brass, a good finish, or something I'll be sanding off. lol

I couldn't wait and got my mail during lunch... LOL

It's definitely a brass cover or brass plated. It doesn't look painted or like it is any kind of coating. It also doesn't look gold, which is good. lol It is a two tone look, but I like that. I didn't scratch it to see if it is plated or solid brass, but it isn't that important to me. It just looks good and it won't flake off. It even looks like it will tarnish... lol

#32 (permalink)      7/29/2015 9:22:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
DefMunky wrote:

It's definitely a brass cover or brass plated. It doesn't look painted or like it is any kind of coating. It also doesn't look gold, which is good. lol It is a two tone look, but I like that. I didn't scratch it to see if it is plated or solid brass, but it isn't that important to me. It just looks good and it won't flake off. It even looks like it will tarnish... lol

Well, it doesn't match the brass of the Caravela. It is definitely more yellow. Maybe it isn't brass or brass plated after all. If it is a coating it is a really good one and looks really nice (it isn't spray painted, lol), but I dunno if it will be easy to match to anything.

Still looks better than the splatter painted version...