shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
4-pack

How to revive the coil heads?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/18/2016 8:13:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
Werent these SS Uwell coils at 0.25 only meant to be used on Power though, not TC?

I have a few old ones.
Should try building at least one to see if I would like them in TC.
Remember in power I wasn't thrilled with them :(

But I think that was a few months before SS really worked properly in evics, Cuboids, etc.
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#12 (permalink)      4/18/2016 9:46:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CaptDonna
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 92
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos28
+1 details
Most all TC Mods Eleaf, Cuboid, KBox etc have * SUS * (Stainless Steel ) settings in TC

Edited on 4/18/2016 at 9:47 PM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      4/19/2016 10:56:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
CaptDonna wrote:

Most all TC Mods Eleaf, Cuboid, KBox etc have * SUS * (Stainless Steel ) settings in TC

I could have been clearer.

I recall a thread some months ago, discrepancy as to whether these particular coils, the 0.25 worked at all in SS mods, using TC specifically?
I don't recall the reason given at the time.

All mods might have SS settings, but few do it well.
RX2000, eVic VTC and the Cuboid, are the first 3 I can think of that have pulled off SS in TC well.

But, again, I was hoping today, as those mods were not even sold when I read that thread, someone using these, specifically in one of those 3 mods would verify that they do indeed work in SS TC perfectly, or not?

Thx

Edited on 4/19/2016 at 10:57 AM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      4/19/2016 4:33:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CaptDonna
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 92
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos28
+1 details
Hey ShelaghStone,
I have a Cuboid *SUS316*, Kbox 120 KBox 200 *SUS* and several Evic Mini's *SUS316*
All work very well in TC Mode with SS - everyone's taste is different.
I don't like NI, NiCR or TI
I've even used Crowns with .25Ω on Sigelei's 150W straight Power as these don't have TC Mode
Back to your question ...
I don't use anything other than SS as I find the flavor and taste much cleaner JMHO
They absolutely work 100% for me (I don't have a RX200 so to that I can't answer )
Hope this helps !

Edited on 4/19/2016 at 4:42 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      4/19/2016 5:21:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
Perfect.
Answered exactly as I had hoped!

I was thinking back to a time when people first began to use SS, mods weren't necessarily doing it properly, etc.
So, I just wanted to verify that these did work with today's SS in TC properly.

I just happen to have about 4 or 5 of these coils, I had used back then, barely, wasnt keen in power and wrapped them all up in Saran wrap, with the intention of using them later.
Completely forgot about them until i saw your post, specifically about rebuilding them.

I will rebuild it and if i really like it, if i can do it quickly, I will do so but if not but do like them, I will just order a few packages of these coils.
The Uwell is the only atty i have that i find to be a pain in the a** rebuilding on the regular deck, the wicking.

Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it doesn't.
Not yet figured out the perfect wicking on it SOOOOOOO, point being, when I saw ur post about rebuilding, I thought, AHA, either that might be the answer or if i like them now in TC, I will just order a few packs.

Or with 4-5 on hand, rebuilding it might be the way.

Thanks, Much appreciated! :)

Edit: I used to love the Uwell NI200 coils and have about 5 unopened boxes..lol but I cant use them once having gone to SS and the elimination of taste....i no longer care for the Ni200 taste :P

Edited on 4/19/2016 at 5:23 PM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      4/19/2016 7:11:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CaptDonna
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 92
  • Reviews 47
  • Kudos28
+1 details
Glad to help
There's also a few Vids perfect on rebuilding
:)
Very Helpful
Helpful

Enjoy !!

Edited on 4/19/2016 at 7:29 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      7/3/2016 8:19:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
macranife
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 1952
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos8073
+1 details
I soak mine in a small jar of iso overnight,then take them out shake out the excess iso and place them on a muji pad in a well ventilated spot to let the iso evaporate for 24hrs, that's after around two weeks use, four fills a day (ADV Custard), you can see the crap that comes off them in the jar,I'm still using the 3 coils that came with the tank (3mths ago)cotton is still white and still working beautifully in SS316 TC mode,on a VTC Mini at 480f at 45w, not had to open the spares yet.
#18 (permalink)      10/15/2016 9:38:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Toadem
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 3
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Iv not tried rebuilding any of these yet but when I feel the coil needs changed I take a pin or needle and insert it into the cotton above the air hole, push it all the way down and give it a wiggle then insert the pin into the air hole and push it all the way through allowing the juice to flow once again through the cotton to the coil.
This can be repeated a couple of times as needed and i'v found I can double the life of the coils before having to replace them.
The cotton is really tightly packed and becomes more dense with use so allowing the juice to flow again is important.

On a side note to the people saying their coils are only lasting a week, spend longer soaking the cotton before use and ramp the wattage up slowly. I usually start around 40 watts and work my way up to 90 watts 5 watts at a time over an hour.
I also insert the coil into the tank base and hold it at an angle and drip a drop or 2 at a time till the juice starts to come out of the air hole in the coil and repeat this on all air holes, it can take 30 minutes or so because the cotton is so tightly packed but is worth the extra time and effort taken by rewarding you with extra life on your coils.

Just out of interest, I get around 4-5 weeks (sometimes just over) per coil vaping around 30ml of 100% VG juice per day using these methods.
My last pack of 4 coils was purchased May 25, 2016 and this is me just ordering a new pack of 4 on October 16, 2016.