[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Metallic taste?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      3/8/2016 11:47:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrfdk
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1610
  • Reviews 54
  • Kudos1040
okay ty
Stay positive
#12 (permalink)      3/8/2016 11:52:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XxRingoxX
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 3371
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos4591
+1 details
martinc wrote:

Damn it,tought it was a Metallica thread :/

That can be arranged

#13 (permalink)      3/8/2016 12:05:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lajszi
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 201
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos87
ChappySinclair wrote:

i use UD 316L and don't get any metallic taste. it's all i've used for the past 2 months or so. it's my new favorite by far. flavor is bangin and works awesome in TC mode. love it. not sure if it matters, but my UD roll is neon green in color.

Hey, nice to see you here again! :)

Mine has also green colored roll. I don't get it, because at first when i tried it i never feeled the metal taste or maybe not as strong as it tastes now.

#14 (permalink)      3/8/2016 12:21:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lajszi
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 201
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos87
ShelaghStone wrote:

Metallic taste?Wont use Chinese wire. So far it has all created that metallic taste for me.Even kanthal.Have recently purchased a 'brand name" 27gauge from here but remains to be seen, upon delivery if its the same."Authentic" does not mean it is free of this taste.Have found success with one brand only. An american brand. Costs about $9 for a roll by 30.Some here like to suggest that because it is made by Temco and sells for 90% less on ebay, I must be crazy for its the same wire.No its not!This one, so far has been 100% perfect in all gauges though i use mainly 26g.SS wires I have purchased from American made companies and so far, none of that metallic taste shows up.

I guess you have right. I've got some 24 ga kanthal wire from an eu webshop (it doesn't have it's own name, it comes in a plastic bag with the shops own sticker on it), but i can tell it tastes much better.

edit: dear god. I've looked up on ebay for these wires, but the shipping kills it. 26.99 usd for 30 feet it's too much.

Edited on 3/8/2016 at 12:29 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      3/8/2016 12:36:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4783
Lajszi wrote:

ChappySinclair wrote:
i use UD 316L and don't get any metallic taste. it's all i've used for the past 2 months or so. it's my new favorite by far. flavor is bangin and works awesome in TC mode. love it. not sure if it matters, but my UD roll is neon green in color.

Mine has also green colored roll. I don't get it, because at first when i tried it i never feeled the metal taste or maybe not as strong as it tastes now.

hey bud, nice to see you posting again as well! but yes, to be honest, i haven't touched my kanthal (except 1 clapton build), Ti or Ni since i received my roll of 24ga SS. what flavor profiles do you vape? mine are mostly deserty custard, cream with fruit notes and i have only experience clean flavor.

#16 (permalink)      3/8/2016 12:41:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lajszi
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 201
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos87
ChappySinclair wrote:

Lajszi wrote:
ChappySinclair wrote:

hey bud, nice to see you posting again as well! but yes, to be honest, i haven't touched my kanthal (except 1 clapton build), Ti or Ni since i received my roll of 24ga SS. what flavor profiles do you vape? mine are mostly deserty custard, cream with fruit notes and i have only experience clean flavor.

Mostly creamy strawberries, right now i vape strawberry with vanilla ice cream. If i use my non-chinese wires then all the flavor is top-notch.

#17 (permalink)      3/8/2016 1:45:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aschzzz
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 4498
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos3979
I've had no trouble with this wire. I wipe it with a med prep swab before using.
nothing to see here
#18 (permalink)      3/8/2016 1:48:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andy.lion
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 12085
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos32127
Also my go to wire, taste is fine no issues, I also wipe wire before use, isopropyl alcohol......or vodka
I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
#19 (permalink)      3/8/2016 1:57:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4783
i dont really clean mine persay. but i dry burn the shit out of them. i just cleaned my 24ga SS build last night. my coils are compacted and not spaced either. get them going red hot, then dip the coils into a small cup with cold water to shock them. get them puppies sizzlin
#20 (permalink)      3/9/2016 7:53:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapingDad
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 46
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos15
I have to clean my titanium spider wire with alcohol and tissues, there's a dark(I'm guessing machine oil maybe) substance that comes off. As far as tc builds, they've been hit and miss, I've had builds that chucked flavor and clouds, then I've had builds i immediately tore out because for some reason the taste was way off and was still getting dry hits, so I'm still on the fence but i haven't tried the SS yet.
Family Guy- Louis says to Chris "I'm tired of having to literally empty the farts out of your pockets when I do the laundry."
#21 (permalink)      3/9/2016 7:56:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VapingDad
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 46
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos15
Btw i was almost close enough to grab James Hatfield at the summer sanitarium tour with kid Rock and Korn at the old stadium the New England Patriots play
Family Guy- Louis says to Chris "I'm tired of having to literally empty the farts out of your pockets when I do the laundry."