shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Firmware V1.01
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/7/2016 9:26:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DanTo
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 993
  • Reviews 225
  • Kudos773
+10 details
Firmware V1.01
At the bottom of the page

What’s new in firmware V1.01?

1. New interface for VW mode:

The new interface for VW mode displays resistance of coil, wattage setting and battery bar more clearly, allowing you to have a check easily by a simple glance.

2. Smart mode:

The Smart mode will save one output power setting for each resistance value and can totally save ten groups of such profiles. Once you change the output power setting for a resistance, it will re-save the changed setting automatically. When the Smart mode has already remembered ten profiles and you want to add another new resistance, the first saved profile will be deleted.

3. Custom logo:

You can download or make logos to your preference and put the favorite one in the mod. The logo should be single color picture in the format of bmp with limited 96*16 pixel.

You lose the voltage display in power mode. I'm not applying it yet because that's more important to me than these 3 new things.

I had to shorten the URL because otherwise the forum wouldn't let me post it.

Edited on 6/7/2016 at 9:29 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/7/2016 9:38:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
WytDevil
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 213
  • Reviews 26
  • Kudos150
I'm liking the idea of the "Smart Mode", but ironically kind of dumb they'd remove the voltage display :/
#3 (permalink)      6/7/2016 10:06:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tonypp
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2623
  • Reviews 210
  • Kudos1668
+3 details
At least they're rolling out updates. That's good news.
This one doesn't seem like an improvement to me though.

I was hoping to see a live Amp draw displayed instead of time counter.
#4 (permalink)      6/8/2016 12:33:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Eagle_Eye1
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 1221
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos423
DanTo wrote:

At the bottom of the pageWhat’s new in firmware V1.01? 1. New interface for VW mode: The new interface for VW mode displays resistance of coil, wattage setting and battery bar more clearly, allowing you to have a check easily by a simple glance. 2. Smart mode: The Smart mode will save one output power setting for each resistance value and can totally save ten groups of such profiles. Once you change the output power setting for a resistance, it will re-save the changed setting automatically. When the Smart mode has already remembered ten profiles and you want to add another new resistance, the first saved profile will be deleted. 3. Custom logo: You can download or make logos to your preference and put the favorite one in the mod. The logo should be single color picture in the format of bmp with limited 96*16 pixel.You lose the voltage display in power mode. I'm not applying it yet because that's more important to me than these 3 new things.I had to shorten the URL because otherwise the forum wouldn't let me post it.

I saw the 100 watts pic in your link only to be let down its still 75 after running the update..

#5 (permalink)      6/8/2016 12:54:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
menachemtb
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
--

Edited on 6/8/2016 at 12:55 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      6/8/2016 12:55:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Eagle_Eye1
  • JoinedJun 2015
  • Posts 1221
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos423
+1 details
menachemtb wrote:

Anyone can upload the original firmware version, so it could be returned to the original position, after the upgrade?

In their d/l it comes with both the original and the upgrade..

#7 (permalink)      6/8/2016 12:59:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27281
+2 details
I really only use mine in TCR mode with a dedicated atty, but the customize-able logo sounds good to me ;-)

Edit:

Edited on 6/8/2016 at 2:24 AM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#8 (permalink)      6/8/2016 2:37:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5427
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7129
They talk about "what's new" but there are probably some bug fixes in there as well. Wondering if it will still drop .1 Watts from time to time like it was before.
#9 (permalink)      6/8/2016 2:42:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Beenari
  • JoinedJul 2014
  • Posts 225
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos222
+1 details
Randall_H wrote:

They talk about "what's new" but there are probably some bug fixes in there as well. Wondering if it will still drop .1 Watts from time to time like it was before.

Mine stopped doing that - so far. I even put the 1.00 back and still does not drop wattage when changing battery or atomizer. So far, so good - so what?

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understands binary and those who don't.
#10 (permalink)      6/8/2016 2:42:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dansansome
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1102
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos932
Randall_H wrote:

is that a recognised bug? i kept thinking i must have somehow pressed the buttons. doh!

#11 (permalink)      6/8/2016 2:52:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Starvape
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos114
DanTo wrote:

I'm not applying it yet because that's more important to me than these 3 new things.

Yeah i like seeing both the V and the W values together. Im gonna hold off…till it gets the all-clear from the early adopters…don't want to run the risk of bricking mine.