Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Improved Moonshot?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/6/2016 9:23:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
JoeVan wrote:

Aesthetically, it's not as nice as the moonshot.

Looking closer, i agree.

One problem I see here, is the same problem we saw on the Bellus and Boreas, although the AC is situated a bit differently, of course.

I dont personally like those ac hole covering of airflow.
I prefer a slider without holes at all so if need be, I can quickly wipe the wells.
At the very worst, stick a corner of a paper towel into it if for any reason it has flooded a bit, and mop up the spillage.
Without being able to do that, the odd time it too will just transfer to your hands, without being able to wipe it 100% clean.

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#12 (permalink)      9/6/2016 11:21:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
I think the Mage was actually called an improved Moonshot. I had considered getting one myself but went another direction.

New and shiney will always be a valid reason for purchasing new... well, anything! lol

Just don't cry too much if it turns out to be a flop. :p
#13 (permalink)      9/6/2016 12:13:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172

I think the Mage was actually called an improved Moonshot

Because in the beginning one could not purchase a 24mm Moonshot.
I think that the Mage answered that call.

Not to mention that people seemed to be turned off by the deck of the Moonshot.
I dont personally have any problems with it but do understand for a noob to rebuilding it would be difficult.

I have both the small and large moonshot and at least in my opinion, the smaller one is both superior with flavour and, in the end, I even think its made just a bit better.

So the short answer would be that it likely is an improvement for those that prefer a larger atomizer.
I just dont happen to be one that likes the 24mm sizes.
I strongly believe they lose flavour quality.

If I were vaping at 60 watts + I can certainly understand why someone would forgo flavour for a tank they didnt have to fill often.
Fortunately for myself i only top each of the 2 smaller ones up every 2nd or 3rd day.
So they are a perfect size for me, even at 25-30 watts.

#14 (permalink)      9/6/2016 12:21:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

I just dont happen to be one that likes the 24mm sizes.
I strongly believe they lose flavour quality.

Yep, because for whatever reason people insist on the decks being larger overall. Gotta be able to fit two quadruple-helix-stapled-fused-alien-clapton-demon-hoof coils in there... and have enough air and space to accomodate the power needed to drive them.

#15 (permalink)      9/6/2016 12:26:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172

Yep, because for whatever reason people insist on the decks being larger overall. Gotta be able to fit two quadruple-helix-stapled-fused-alien-clapton-demon-hoof coils in there... and have enough air and space to accomodate the power needed to drive them.

I have a 100 ml leftover bottle of a strawberry shortcake DIY recipe that i once absolutely loved.
I think it's about 19% flavouring and I can't handle it in a bellus or baby moonshot tank.
Too overwhelming although I will always love the smell of it.

Rather than toss it all together, I threw it in the Larger moonshot.
It has far greater air capacity, even though on both I still only open the ac about 1/5th the way.
But on the larger moonshot, being naturally "airier" I can at least enjoy a puff here and there.

#16 (permalink)      9/6/2016 2:12:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10543
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8108
+1 details
the more I vape them side by side the more I get that the difference is more noticeable that I thought at first. The bigger one is still great, but there is indeed a difference and shows what this tiny difference in the deck size and the airflow can do.

For your juice shelagh, just pour some more VG in it :) I try to stay around 10 - 15% which works pretty good (depending on the flavor manufacturer of course)
#17 (permalink)      9/6/2016 2:37:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
Watercool wrote:

the more I vape them side by side the more I get that the difference is more noticeable that I thought at first. The bigger one is still great, but there is indeed a difference and shows what this tiny difference in the deck size and the airflow can do.

For your juice shelagh, just pour some more VG in it :) I try to stay around 10 - 15% which works pretty good (depending on the flavor manufacturer of course)

I seem to remember both you and I questioning why it was so difficult to get the larger moonshot and then finally we found it elsewhere, before it was at FT.
If you also recall, we saw ads for the larger one, in different colours, I think? ( not sure what it was now but there was something shown we still haven't seen)

It might be my perception. I could be wrong. But a few times i have wanted an item and it seems to have been delayed and delayed at FT, but I have found it considerably sooner elsewhere, I have questioned why it was not here at the same time.

In each one of those instances, I have found the one, found elsewhere to be lacking. Not 100%.
I have wondered here and there if there is a good reason why FT sometimes holds off. If perhaps they know something we dont? lol

I remember being very weary about purchasing the Sigelei 213 that was flying off of the shelves elsewhere.
Strongly felt something was likely wrong, and it was.

I would not have loved the Moonshot had I purchased the larger one first.
Short of the TPD i have wondered if Sigelei knew the best one was the smaller version and put it out first?!

I was thinking of adding some more VG but it is at 70% already so was a bit hesitant.
But might try that rather than tossing it all together.
An experiment, of sorts.
Thx.

#18 (permalink)      9/6/2016 4:33:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
ShelaghStone wrote:

I was thinking of adding some more VG but it is at 70% already so was a bit hesitant.
But might try that rather than tossing it all together.
An experiment, of sorts.
Thx.

My liquids use so much VG I can honestly say the amount seems to make very little difference in how your devices wick. Mine are 95-97% VG and I use them with no issues in genny style attys (with cotton/fiber wicks), normal Goliath/Bellus/Bachelor/etc. type RTAs, or even the German contraptions that use two different types of wicking, like SS mesh/cable feeding cotton. The only attys I seem to have issue with are straight up mesh wicked gennys, and I'm pretty certain that it is because I have no clue what I'm doing. lol

I will say that the only wicking other than just straight SS mesh that I have had any issue with is Fiber Freaks density #1. It isn't made for my damn near pure VG, it seems to be intended for "normal" liquids. It also doesn't help that I chain vape. Again, I think if I were "normal" it would have probably been fine. Any straight long fiber style wicking (cotton pads, rayon, etc.) should work just fine with it though, so no real need to be too concerned with upping the percentage as far as wicking goes.

Edited on 9/6/2016 at 4:34 PM. Reason:
#19 (permalink)      9/6/2016 4:44:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23172
I just filled up that larger Moonshot with that Strawberry Shortcake DIY I wanted to save, yesterday.
I had about 2 puffs off it last night and it seemed better.

But I have had another 2 today and it's just too strong after Watercool suggested the extra VG.
I was kidding myself thinking even the airier vape could handle it.

Will have to toss it, unfortunately.

Don't think extra VG will help me.

I have needed to do a DIY order for the past 3 weeks, just to top up regular flavours i use a lot of, in one of 3 particular DIYs I still use.
I am down to my last 60 mls on each DIY for those 3.
Normally by now i would have another 100 ml batch steeping, ready when the 60mls was done.

I am so uninspired with flavouring ATM that I can't be bothered to even spend 20 mins checking what i need, then ordering it, etc.
Unless my sense of enjoyment or flavour, whatever it is that has had me pretty turned off vaping the past month changes, pronto,
I am likely to just put down the gear permanently as soon as I run out of my present juice.

Which TBH is not my first choice to do but nothing seems to be restoring my interest.

I entertained extra VG for 5 mins. I entertained mid size chimneys but that all passes 2 min later :P

Not going out with a bang but a sad 'lil whimper :(

/fingers crossed my sense of flavour will bounce back