Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Coiling SXK hadaly
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/3/2018 4:20:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
POULARYT
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16
+1 details
Coiling SXK hadaly
HI
Stupid question but could some one please tell me a good build for this a no you probably think OMG couldn’t be any easier
I’ve tried a few with DIFFRENT wire cotton but just can’t get it right am absolutely useless at coil making
Just done 30wg with 8wraps n ge its making me cough even bought pre made 1.ohm coils it’s me not the coils I’ve tried Diffrent heights on the coil could you point me in the right direction to the wire I’m using cotton puff I will call my self dumb 🤣save who ever reads this but thanks in advance
#2 (permalink)      3/3/2018 5:22:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazar.cosmin
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 227
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos71
You could be over saturating the cotton too. But 8 wraps sounds like a bit much, I never went beyond 6 with spaced coils I think.
#3 (permalink)      3/3/2018 5:45:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Germaner
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 174
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos117
+1 details
POULARYT wrote:

HIStupid question but could some one please tell me a good build for this a no you probably think OMG couldn’t be any easier I’ve tried a few with DIFFRENT wire cotton but just can’t get it right am absolutely useless at coil making Just done 30wg with 8wraps n ge its making me cough even bought pre made 1.ohm coils it’s me not the coils I’ve tried Diffrent heights on the coil could you point me in the right direction to the wire I’m using cotton puff I will call my self dumb 🤣save who ever reads this but thanks in advance

Assuming you’re using a mech squonker with a single 18650 battery, try 26 AWG 3.5 mm I.D. 5 wraps. It’ll give you .55 ohms resistance. And place your coil as high as possible, slightly lower than the level of the tightening screws.

SA Vape
#4 (permalink)      3/3/2018 8:51:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mancavecrazycan
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2018
  • Posts 84
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos22
+1 details
I tend to use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html and http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.html with them you can design a build to suit any device... and there is more info available on the site if you look around such as battery drain http://www.steam-engine.org/batt.html I hope that helps.
#5 (permalink)      3/3/2018 9:44:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Fun_Yu
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 2085
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos6590
+2 details
I sometimes do 5-6 wraps of 26 gauge or 4-5 wraps of 24 gauge on a 3mm screw driver "about the size of the blue screwdriver". I stay in the 30 watt range with this one.

Did you disassemble and clean it well with dish soap and warm water? sometimes there are machine oils you don't see that can also make you cough.

I hope you figure this one out cause you will not be disappointed when you get this one down.
#6 (permalink)      3/4/2018 2:11:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
foxey
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 3812
  • Reviews 87
  • Kudos2990
Got mine with the recycled piss top cap setup with micro clapton SKU 5756006 5/6wrap around a 2.5mm, nip cotton on my Pico squeeze ,keep that cotton light and fluffy 😋
I told you so !free at last
#7 (permalink)      3/4/2018 2:58:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TheAtl
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 8867
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos20424
+1 details
Fun_Yu wrote:

I sometimes do 5-6 wraps of 26 gauge or 4-5 wraps of 24 gauge on a 3mm screw driver "about the size of the blue screwdriver". I stay in the 30 watt range with this one.

The above sounds about right for the Hadaly in my experience. You'll soon reach the point where you'll be able to guestimate quite precisely how to optimally build and wick an atomizer simply by looking at it if you stick to building simple coils for a while. Oh, and check out some of Trevor Jones' building and wicking tutorials on YouTube if you have the time, watching him and Maestro Vapes sure helped me out a lot when I was new to building.

"My brain is still in recovery mode from taking in so many high level, important ideas" - Dave Rubin
#8 (permalink)      3/4/2018 3:08:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
phlegmor
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 652
  • Reviews 295
  • Kudos753
+1 details
There is a long thread about coiling the Hadaly and the Entheon on ecf.

It seems that there are generally two ways to do it:

1. You build a small 2.5mm ID coil and drop it low into the well.

2. You build a really big coil (3.5mm ID or more) and position it high, so there is a two chamber effect and the airflow is restricted between coil and chamber walls, forcing the air to hug the coil while being sucked up.

So far I only used the second method, but those big multistranded coils need a lot of power and retain a lot of heat. When I find the time, I might try the first method.

Cheers!

Edited on 3/4/2018 at 3:09 AM. Reason: wireless keyboard sucks
#9 (permalink)      3/4/2018 5:42:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16969
  • Reviews 397
  • Kudos30455
+1 details
phlegmor wrote:

It seems that there are generally two ways to do it:
1. You build a small 2.5mm ID coil and drop it low into the well.
2. You build a really big coil (3.5mm ID or more) and position it high, so there is a two chamber effect and the airflow is restricted between coil and chamber walls, forcing the air to hug the coil while being sucked up.So far

I tried only the 1. method - rather sticking with it in most of my single coil RSAs as it works for me - 2.5mm D 24 AWG. With SS wire 8 wraps (micro-coil) get you to around .4ohm, very quick ramp up so you need less power, still a nice smooth vape.

For your cough: sometimes it needs a little time that your coil and cotton get rod up, after saturating your wick, wait some, before you take a draw.

Edited on 3/4/2018 at 5:51 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      3/4/2018 5:51:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
leftjeffa
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6322
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos9256
+2 details
phlegmor wrote:

...2. You build a really big coil (3.5mm ID or more) and position it high, so there is a two chamber effect and the airflow is restricted between coil and chamber walls, forcing the air to hug the coil while being sucked up.So far I only used the second method...

Did the 2nd method on the Entheons' but with a 2.5 id and that leaves enough space for the side flow of air. I don't watch much reviews but after clicking that video, by Morten Oen, about the dual series 350s' in a Pulse BF, then this video was suggested. And I'm glad I clicked it. Probably the most interesting detail about the Entheon out there. And a much nicer vape, imo.

Morten Oen. Gets in to it, somewhere about here

Edited on 3/4/2018 at 5:52 AM. Reason: oops time wasn't included
Resistance is not futile, it's V/I
#11 (permalink)      3/4/2018 6:19:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MotoBlue
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 4897
  • Reviews 30
  • Kudos4840
+1 details
Morten is a vaping god. I have unsubscribed from so many reviewers because of him. Flat wire coils are the future.
Over a thousand squonk products available at Fasttech