shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

This is Merlin
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/16/2016 6:10:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sever95
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2
This is Merlin
Это же практически копия Мерлин РТА от аугвейп. Хм, если не будет течь, как всё от гиквейпа, то куплю. Односпиральники нынче в моде.
#2 (permalink)      11/16/2016 10:27:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Domestica
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 97
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos27
Not really. Merlin got a totally different wicking style and airflow concept. I think this will rise the flavor to the limit for singlecoil usage. Wicking on the merlin is limited and liquidcontrol. BUT the Merlin got some extra points for M2L vapers. Maybe GeekVape will add some features to it in final production stage, so it could be a good M2L alternative (waiting for the Digiflavor Siren GTA, i hope this will be another good affordable M2L atomizer).
#3 (permalink)      11/19/2016 5:39:02 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AleksLeshij
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos0
интирестно, купол сферический внутри? Обзоры штоль быстрее бы сняли на него :(
#4 (permalink)      12/11/2016 8:37:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JCarlos74
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos1
Domestica wrote:

(waiting for the Digiflavor Siren GTA, i hope this will be another good affordable M2L atomizer).

I'm vaping on my siren 25mm just now. Its the first time i have a good vape at level of my Kayfuns lite plus (and i have merlin, kf v5, kf 3, hurricane and so on)

Sorry my english, and happy vaping!

#5 (permalink)      12/11/2016 4:59:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
aaronmortum
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
а вот и обзор

у меня есть obs ace и merlin rta. какой лучше даже не знаю. у мерлина спираль больше влезает.
#6 (permalink)      12/16/2016 7:51:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cjhards
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 1385
  • Reviews 246
  • Kudos465
The wicking and lower deck is virtually the same as the Griff plus. Solid enough design that offers decent juice supply to the coils without the risk of massive leaking issues. I have a feeling that this could be a fine single coil RTA.
CJ hards say Vape long & prosper!!
#7 (permalink)      1/13/2017 4:23:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
This tank is excellent! No leaking!
The only thing the Ammit doesn´t like is too much cotton. Keep it thin and short!
One of the best tanks I ever had!
#8 (permalink)      3/26/2017 1:46:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

This tank is excellent! No leaking!
The only thing the Ammit doesn´t like is too much cotton. Keep it thin and short!
One of the best tanks I ever had!

What's the airflow like on the Ammit? I know we've talked about airflow on other attys, but I've been watching videos about this, and airflow doesn't come up. Since it's by the makers of the Griffins I'm worried. I thought the Griffins were WAY too airy for me. Is it anything like them, even with the AFC nearly closed down? I know you suggested getting Stainless Steel Mesh to decrease airflow, but I'd rather get an atty that didn't require me to mess around with it. I love single-coil attys, but the Merlin Mini sounds like it's not too good in single-coil mode, so that's off the list.

I'd really like a flavor-chaser along the lines of the Merlin RTA. That has great airflow for me. But I'd like to find something with even better flavor. I've been looking at the Digiflavor Siren, which FastTech doesn't carry. I put in a request for it, but who knows how long it'll be before (or even if) they'll ever carry it. :(

Thanks for any input you can offer. :D

#9 (permalink)      3/27/2017 12:46:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
For me MTL has to do with breathing in and out - just like with cigarettes.
But this what many people call "MTL" these days seems more like sucking tits for me :-)

I had some discussion about this in a german vaping forum, as there are people who close the AFC completely and still complain that it´s not tight enough. There are reviewers who suck on attys with closed airflow and complain that it´s too open. LOL

I don´t know which tit sucker created this "style" and why so many people ask for it.
Those guys call it MTL, but I call it stupid, sorry.
I really can´t hear it anymore, as for me this is not vaping - but I know those guys don´t understand me, so they can keep sucking their needle holes without me :-)

Vape needs air to work. No air - no vape and no cooling on your coil!

Those guys should really do a product request for a needle hole titty sucker atty instead of spamming the net with this stupid question if things can do MTL.
Two years ago people just vaped and noone asked for this shit - while now every single atty is criticised from them. They should found their own sect and stop complaining that mommy didn´t give her tittys to them in the past :-)

At least you say that you have the AFC open a bit - so I think there is some hope :-)

Don´t get me wrong - I don´t like D2L with open draw either as I´m into single coil.
I´m right in between and like a slightly restricted airflow - so that is what I call MTL.

A good atty for you might be the Kayfun lite plus?

Edited on 3/27/2017 at 4:20 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      3/28/2017 3:22:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

SNIP!!! ;)

At least you say that you have the AFC open a bit - so I think there is some hope :-)
Don´t get me wrong - I don´t like D2L with open draw either as I´m into single coil.
I´m right in between and like a slightly restricted airflow - so that is what I call MTL.
A good atty for you might be the Kayfun lite plus?

lol - You crack me up. I NEVER said ANYTHING about MTL. I said the Griffin was too airy and that I like the Merlin with the airflow reducer REMOVED, so I definitely don't like a fully restricted airflow. I tried the Kayfun v3 lite and OMFG, how do people vape on that thing??? I loosened and loosened and finally removed the airflow screw and still couldn't vape on that thing. I've got it boxed and ready to sell to someone who is into that kinda thing.

All I asked was if the Ammit had the same kind of airflow like the Griffins did since they're by the same manufacturer. I've got the 22mm and the 25mm Griffins and have tried them both with the AFC closed about 3/4 and they're just too airy for me. I simply hate those attys. Everyone has their own preference, ya know? I know everyone keeps going on about how great the Serpent Mini is, but I just can't bring myself to like the damned thing. (it didn't help that I got the black one which immediately started peeling paint within a week of my getting it, but that has nothing to do with its flavor).

btw, I'm thrilled you think there's some hope for me. :P

#11 (permalink)      3/28/2017 6:10:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
Hi pktech,
my post was more adressed to the titty suckers. I didn´t think you are one :-)
It´s just that sometimes I´m not sure, as you write at one time that you don´t like a draw which is too tight and at another it´s sounds quite opposite.
So yeah - there is hope :-)

I also have the Griffin and what I can tell is that the Ammit is more restricted. I really like the airflow on the Ammit!

The special thing with the Ammit is that it seems to taste better if the AFC is almost or fully open.
For me that is fine, as that is just the way I like it.

On the Ammit the AFC has this click mechanism with 5 positions.
1 is closed and 5 fully open. I use position 4 and I´m fine.

What is annoying me a bit is that my second Ammit doesn´t work the way it should.
The replacement glass which fits my first one is a bit too small for the other one somehow.

It fits, but if I want to close the LC by turning the tank clockwise it´s only the glass which moves - not the LC. The LC on the second one is almost impossible to move.

That is a known problem - some people report that the LC doesn´t move and others report that it´s too loose. Also the second one I got is leaking from the AFC ring.

Solution for this is to disassemble the press-fitted base, change the o-ring on it plus lube it and press it together again. Shit!

Next trouble is that the glass needs some pressure so that it doesn´t move when you turn the tank to open/close the LC.
The problem with that is that the threads of the chimney are much too short to fix this issue.

If the Ammit wouldn´t have this amazing taste I would say it´s crap by now.
That´s why I´m into the supreme lite now - see the forum discussions there.
I doubt that you will like the airflow on the supreme lite - but there is hope!

If you read the discussions on the supreme lite I wrote there that Steam Crace might come out with a single coil supreme lite with a similar build deck of the Ammit/Merlin.

I hope they bring it on - it will kick ass!

Edited on 3/28/2017 at 6:22 AM. Reason: