shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

This is Merlin
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      4/4/2017 4:48:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
I think the Ammit will be fine for you with the airflow - at least I hope so. I think it´s a very comfortable airflow.
The pictures with the chimney reduction are from the supreme lite.

The supreme lite works great with dual coil, but not with single coil. I was able to get the airflow comfortable but it gives me dry hits, no matter how I wick. I´ve tried both vertical and horizontal coil with scottish roll and other tricks and even drilled the juiceflow holes - still dry hits.
So I will not use it in single coil mode - which means again that I will sell it :-(

So the Ammit is still my daily driver, although I like most of the construction of the supreme lite much better.
BUT - the Ammit works great if you fix the problems on this tank!

It´s important to lube some places on the Ammit to make it work properly.

Update: Geek Vape will come with a dual coil Ammit, with postless deck and extension to 6ml.
There is also a single coil option. Mhm - no thanks!
It doesn´t really look like they fixed the troubles and just push new stuff into the market - as usual...

Again for me a way backwards, as I don´t want compromises anymore.
Just a pure Single coil tank - but in high quality!
So I will pass this one at the moment, but the dual-coil guys will be raving about it I think.
Good for them - but not for me :-(

This new Ammit will come with 25mm :-(
It might be interesting to run it in single-coil mode and drill some airholes in the ceramic-block for 4D airflow. Also chimney reduction will be needed....
So I´m waiting for the Clone!

Edited on 4/5/2017 at 7:54 AM. Reason:
#32 (permalink)      4/8/2017 7:00:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

So the Ammit is still my daily driver, although I like most of the construction of the supreme lite much better.
BUT - the Ammit works great if you fix the problems on this tank!

It´s important to lube some places on the Ammit to make it work properly.

Update: Geek Vape will come with a dual coil Ammit, with postless deck and extension to 6ml.
There is also a single coil option. Mhm - no thanks!
It doesn´t really look like they fixed the troubles and just push new stuff into the market - as usual...

Again for me a way backward, as I don´t want compromises anymore.
Just a pure Single coil tank - but in high quality!
So I will pass this one at the moment, but the dual-coil guys will be raving about it I think.
Good for them - but not for me :-(
This new Ammit will come with 25mm :-(
It might be interesting to run it in single-coil mode and drill some airholes in the ceramic block for 4D airflow.
Also chimney reduction will be needed....So I´m waiting for the Clone!

I have got a long wait ahead of me for the Ammit. It's still in China waiting to leave port or something like that.

So, what parts am I going to need to lube on the Ammit before I even start building? Just the O-rings, or something else altogether?

And DAMN! I was hoping to beat you to the punch and tell you about the new Ammit! It's actually wider at the top and slims down to 25mm to prevent overhang. I think the widest atty I own is 23mm. I've heard that bigger tanks aren't bad for flavor as long as you build larger coils, but I've yet to have the chance to try out that theory.

What do you mean they haven't fixed the problems? I thought the Ammit was your go-to atty atm. What problems are those?

I've never worked with a postless deck. There was one atty I was looking at, I can't remember the name atm, but it was just too weird-looking. I've become spoiled by Velocity style decks, I suppose.

#33 (permalink)      4/9/2017 6:06:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
I hope the waiting time won´t take sooo long for you.

Parts to lube with VG are those:
- The top cap where you screw it on the tank. If you have no liquid between the two metall
parts it happens that you unscrew the tank and not the top cap when you refill.

- The part beetween the base and the tank. I´m permanently getting pissed on this, as I can´t
open the tank and get to the wick as the two parts stick together. Sometimes I need two
pliers for that.

- The O-ring under the Juice flow Control - if the juice flow control can´t be moved

Generall problem is that juice flow control either sits much too fast or too loose - that is because the base is press fittet. So you need to open it (described in the discussions) - ANNOYING!

The tanks glass has no "guideway" where it sits stable inside. So it always sticks out a little bit more on one side of the tank. That reduces the space between the glass and the chamber and causes trouble for either liquidflow or airbubbles.

Basicly the only pros on this tank are the good airflow and the deck design. And of course TASTE! The TASTE is in fact the one and only reason that I put up with all the troubles on the Ammit. If you can handle that you will love it :-)

Before flushing the market with new stuff Geek Vape should rather fix something first I think,
but I doubt they will....

The new Ammit doesn´t seem to be good with single coils. It has massive juice channels and comes with some silicon adapter. No ceramic, I think :-(

Edited on 4/9/2017 at 6:28 PM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      4/12/2017 4:28:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

I hope the waiting time won´t take sooo long for you.

Parts to lube with VG are those:
- The top cap where you screw it on the tank. If you have no liquid between the two metal parts it happens that you unscrew the tank and not the top cap when you refill.

- The part between the base and the tank. I´m permanently getting pissed on this, as I can´t open the tank and get to the wick as the two parts stick together. Sometimes I need two pliers for that.

- The O-ring under the Juice flow Control - if the juice flow control can´t be moved

General problem is that juice flow control either sits much too fast or too loose - that is because the base is press fitted. So you need to open it (described in the discussions) - ANNOYING!

The tanks glass has no "guideway" where it sits stable inside. So it always sticks out a little bit more on one side of the tank. That reduces the space between the glass and the chamber and causes trouble for either liquid flow or air bubbles.

Basically the only pros on this tank are the good airflow and the deck design. And of course TASTE! The TASTE is in fact the one and only reason that I put up with all the troubles on the Ammit. If you can handle that you will love it :-)

I just got my Ammit yesterday. I ordered a lot of vape gear and they split the shipment. The shipment containing the Ammit had been listed as "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" since a few days after I ordered it. Yesterday's tracking showed it as "Out for Delivery" with the local post. It was a total WTF?! moment. I've been thinking it was in China this whole time. It was a welcome surprise.

I remember in IRC someone saying they like to order from FastTech when they're drunk so that when a package arrives it's like getting a present. lol

It would be a bad idea to order vape gear when I'm in an altered state. I'd probably order multiples of everything in addition to getting things I don't need. I've already got a neighbor who thinks I should open a vape shop. I know I have things to sell, but not THAT much.

I guess I need to read the discussion about the JFC. I never looked at that thread since I hadn't received my Ammit. Better late than never!

I'll be sure to lube the hell out of the Ammit in the areas you describe. I'm glad I have a bottle of VG now. I used to use whatever ejuice I didn't like. ;)

When you say you use pliers to separate the base and the tank, have you tried using tank wrenches, if you don't use them already? It has ceramic tweezers on one end and a grippy section on the other that fits around an atomizer. Whatever they're called, they fit atomizers that are 22-25mm. I did a quick search. Look on these pages to see what I mean. Ceramic Tweezers + either Plastic/Nylon/or Teflon (There will be regular tweezers with ceramic tips on the same pages). They're great for gripping an atty while trying to unscrew top caps, bases, etc.

Would a different glass tank help? Has anyone looked for one that fits better?

P.S. When you quote my text, does it seem out of whack? Every time I quote you, your sentences run together. The line breaks are gone completely. I don't know why that is. I do my best to restore the text to its original state when I quote you. I was just curious if it does the same thing when you quote me or anybody else. I don't have the same problem with anyone else. Are you using a text editor and pasting in the text, by any chance? It's a real pain in the ass adding spaces and line breaks every time I reply to you. I don't know if it's FastTech's doing or what.

#35 (permalink)      4/15/2017 4:28:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
Hey - I´m happy for you that you got the Ammit - it´s always nice to get things a bit earlier than expected.
I like this idea to order things when you are drunk :-)

"When you say you use pliers to separate the base and the tank, have you tried using tank wrenches, if you don't use them already?"
I have some in my vape mail. I never needed them before, but the Ammit is desperate for them :-)

"Would a different glass tank help? Has anyone looked for one that fits better? "
I didn´t find anything yet. Would like to find a higher one to extend the tank with 2ml...

Update: The replacement glass of the Merlin might work!

I regret that the text gets messed up, when you´re quoting me, but I doubt that it´s my fault. I just write inside the Reply field here and send things....

Edited on 4/15/2017 at 6:27 PM. Reason: