shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Dry hits! I'm sure mine has much smaller juice flow holes than on youtube reviews and google images!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      2/9/2017 4:27:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Watercool
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 10529
  • Reviews 307
  • Kudos8096
+2 details
yoshy262 wrote:

This is bullshit.If you don't know how to wick your tank then the tank is bad?I am using mine with 80 VG - 20 water

20% water makes your juice like plain PG.. THIS is bullshit ;)

I am not talking about lack of wicking - seem like with the mage gta, the juice does not even make it to the juice holes. This has nothing to do with the cotton inside.

Edited on 2/9/2017 at 4:30 PM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      2/14/2017 10:49:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Ahmed.Jabbar
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos0
I am using 70VG juices and have no issues at all... You just need to wick it properly.. Cut the cotton where it just touches the feed holes and you are good to go.. Plus it also depends on your build... i usually prefer mine around 40 to 60 ohm builds... that the sweet spot for this tank...
#13 (permalink)      2/25/2017 4:50:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

Drill the holes to 3,2mm and use a Dremel for the other stuff. File down the outer chamber to half of the material thickness.Put the outer chamber on a drill for this to make it thinner.Air bubbles come up imediately now even with 30/70 and -8 degrees outside.Cotton is wet like a virgin - tastes like a Dripper!

Are you talking about the juice holes to increase to 3.2mm? Use a Dremel for what other stuff? Your post is pretty vague.

Is this needed just for thicker juices, or will this help no matter what? I've got the Merlin, but am looking at this since I like single coil decks. How is this for flavor?

Thanks.

#14 (permalink)      2/26/2017 1:18:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
Hi,
I took some pictures for you to show what I mean:

1. Drill the the juice holes (good to do with high VG). Don´t go over 3,2mm.

2. Put the chamber on a drill and sand it down to half of it´s thickness - meaning to put sandpaper around the chamber and start the drill to sand it down.
Like this you get a bit more place between the chamber and the glass. Not much, but enough. This step is very important.

3. Grind the juice channels 45 degrees so that airbubbles can move up easily.

With these 3 steps the Ammit is almost running perfect for me now. I have zero troubles with high VG and no dry hits at all. I could chainvape the whole tank now if I wanted.
Taste is amazing! The only thing I needed to do after a few weeks was to change the O-Rings on the top cap.
I will order some more O-Rings and will try to put in some slightly bigger ones.

I can´t wait to get the Engine Nano, but the Ammit is definitely my number one right now!

Final step is to polish the chamber (not done in this picture yet).

"Is this needed just for thicker juices, or will this help no matter what?"

Well, I suggest if you live in a warm place and use 50/50 PG/VG you won´t have any issues :-)

I use 30/70 PG/VG juice and need an atty which works under all conditions (winter).

So this little modification moves the Ammit close to perfect for me - I highly recommend!
Until now this is the best atty I ever had.
It has an amazing taste and chucks out clouds if you want and tastes like a Dripper.
Ammit rules!

I would like to try out rayon cotton with the Ammit, but it´s hard to get. Any ideas?

Check out Boss Shots and DIY your juice to save money and enjoy :-)

Edited on 2/26/2017 at 8:53 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      2/27/2017 11:16:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
+2 details
Taifix wrote:

"Is this needed just for thicker juices, or will this help no matter what?"Well, I suggest if you live in a warm place and use 50/50 PG/VG you won´t have any issues :-)I use 30/70 PG/VG juice and need an atty which works under all conditions (winter). So this little modification moves the Ammit close to perfect for me - I highly recommend!Until now this is the best atty I ever had.It has an amazing taste and chucks out clouds if you want and tastes like a Dripper.Ammit rules! I would like to try out rayon cotton with the Ammit, but it´s hard to get. Any ideas?Check out Boss Shots and DIY your juice to save money and enjoy :-)

Thanks for the great pics/tutorial!

For the Rayon Cotton I've read that people get that in bulk from Beauty Supply Stores. The kind people have been getting in the states is CelluCotton, item number 44060, which is 100% Rayon. From what I've read people generally get about 500' of it for about $10. I've also read about people using Hemp for wicking. I've been using Fiber Freaks Original dual density pads for wicking.

I just got Cotton Core Ekowool in the mail, but I haven't had a chance to try it. I've never tried silica wicking before, but I thought the combo of cotton/silica would offer the benefits of both. If it doesn't work then I'm only out a few dollars.

btw, are there any sites that offer suggestions for modding attys like you've done? I've got a couple that need some tweaking.

#16 (permalink)      2/27/2017 4:31:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
Hi pktech,
thanks for the item number for the rayon. I´ve been looking for it but the shipping costs to Europe are killing me.
I still don´t understand why I can order something from China with almost no shipping costs while I have to pay a lot (often much more than the item is worth) when I order from America.
It´s ridiculous.
Anyway - I´ll try to get something from the UK.

When it comes to modding there is only a bit here and there in some forums. If you are lucky you find something on Youtube. For me it is normal to optimize my stuff (I did so with the Hammer, the Panzer, the Flash E Vapor, the Serpent Mini, the Kato and others), but I think most people don´t bother and just use things out of the box.
Happy new world :-)

Edited on 2/27/2017 at 4:32 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      2/28/2017 2:28:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1044
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos812
This is the 100% rayon pktech is referring to - Graham CelluCotton 44060…

It is sold locally at beauty supply stores and other retailers all over the US. Since it is so common and has been around for a while I would think it is now sold worldwide, but maybe not. You may want to try fleabay as sellers there do have free shipping on many items.

When you find some may as well go ahead and get the 500ft box (152.4m) and probably never have to reorder. Remember to get #44060 because it is 100% rayon and not blended.

EDIT: BTW rayon wicks SO much better than cotton it will surely help with the dry hits on this atty.

Edited on 2/28/2017 at 2:52 AM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      2/28/2017 9:09:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

Hi pktech,thanks for the item number for the rayon. I´ve been looking for it but the shipping costs to Europe are killing me.I still don´t understand why I can order something from China with almost no shipping costs while I have to pay a lot (often much more than the item is worth) when I order from America. It´s ridiculous.Anyway - I´ll try to get something from the UK.When it comes to modding there is only a bit here and there in some forums. If you are lucky you find something on Youtube. For me it is normal to optimize my stuff (I did so with the Hammer, the Panzer, the Flash E Vapor, the Serpent Mini, the Kato and others), but I think most people don´t bother and just use things out of the box.Happy new world :-)

I don't know how much the shipping cost would be for the box of Rayon that logidog shows in the post after mine, but it's for 500', which should last the average vaper YEARS. Most people that I've heard of that have gotten the 500' box have divided it up and shared it amongst their vaper friends as it is such a large quantity. Maybe if you know of other vapers in your area you could consider sharing the cost of the item and its shipping.

Have you tried Fiber Freaks cellulose pads for wicking? (SKU 3890501, SKU 4428500) Rayon is made from cellulose if memory serves. I've not had a chance to try the Rayon that logidog shows in his post, but I've heard very good things about it. A search of wicking materials on Reddit will bring up all sorts of viewpoints, but whenever anyone mentions Rayon, the #44060 product is the one they're generally talking about.

#19 (permalink)      2/28/2017 4:07:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
Hi,
thanks for sharing your ideas :-)
Usually I use Koh Gen Do and Muji. I´m also fine with cotton bacon. I did try Fiber Freaks (SKU 3890501) but I found it to slippery to roll and work with. In earlier days I used silica, ekowool or simply ESS/Mesh.
I checked out Rayon on Fleebay, but it´s just cracy. The cotton costs 12-15 Dollars and the shipping 50-65 Dollars.
So no way that I order from there. Need to find a shop in Europe which has normal shipping costs.
UK is working closest together with the USA - so probably I´ll find some there.
I would love to order cotton from the US and especially I would love to order my wires/Claptons from there.
These two compenents have a big influence on the taste. I´m waiting for some high quality wire from Germany at the moment and hope to find a good source for Rayon cotton soon. Will be interesting to compare.
#20 (permalink)      2/28/2017 5:02:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

Hi,
thanks for sharing your ideas :-)
Usually I use Koh Gen Do and Muji. I´m also fine with cotton bacon. I did try Fiber Freaks (SKU 3890501) but I found it to slippery to roll and work with. In earlier days I used silica, ekowool or simply ESS/Mesh.
I checked out Rayon on Fleebay, but it´s just cracy. The cotton costs 12-15 Dollars and the shipping 50-65 Dollars.
So no way that I order from there. Need to find a shop in Europe which has normal shipping costs.
UK is working closest together with the USA - so probably I´ll find some there.
I would love to order cotton from the US and especially I would love to order my wires/Claptons from there.
These two compenents have a big influence on the taste. I´m waiting for some high quality wire from Germany at the moment and hope to find a good source for Rayon cotton soon. Will be interesting to compare.

I looked on UK's Amazon and found the same product, but it has 2 different product numbers, probably because it's measured in metric. The numbers I found are #44070 and #44053. Both are insanely expensive compared to what they'd cost over here. Don't they have beauty supply stores where you are? It just doesn't seem right that vapers over here can go to these places which are pretty much everywhere and buy a box for about $10, but if you want the same item you'll end up getting charged unbelievable shipping charges for something that doesn't weigh much at all. I don't get why Amazon is charging so much for the item.

It really seems like the best option is to round up vapers somewhere, or maybe get a B&M to order a box and have them resell it (no telling how much they'll bump up the already inflated price). I think the first option is the most affordable route, assuming you can find enough people to divide the cost.

Best of luck! :D

#21 (permalink)      2/28/2017 8:22:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1044
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos812
After searching for a day I decided to order some online from Texas Beauty Supply for $12. After it arrived my GF said I could have purchased it 2 blocks away at a beauty supply store next to Kroger.

So I suggest you task your wife/GF/sister (ect) to hunt down some locally. In the US CelluCotton has replaced sponge, cotton, and paper in most beauty salons and someone in your area should know where to purchase it. Just make sure it is # 44060 because the other blended types are not 100% rayon and don’t wick as well.