shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Dry hits! I'm sure mine has much smaller juice flow holes than on youtube reviews and google images!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      3/1/2017 7:45:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
Ok - cool, that´s very good for me to know - not especially for the Ammit as I have no dry hits at all, but very good for other attys...

@johnny_469 WOW !!! I just went threw ALL your reviews here and see that you ordered some interesting drip tips which I´ve never seen on FT before. The best of the best will go right in da cart with my next order. Thank you for that!

I´m happy to see some people writing here, as the discussions on this very popular atty are somehow like dead. That´s at least my impression. So it´s very nice that something happens.

I have now some further plans with the Engine Mini and Engine Nano (still waiting for both).
I´m planning a ceramic block for the Engine Mini and want to compare with the Nano.
So I hope to meet you there :-)

High appreciations from my side to JessVapin here who brought me to the idea to use a ceramic block from the Avocado for this project!

Edited on 3/2/2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason:
#32 (permalink)      3/1/2017 10:09:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

Ok - cool, that´s very good for me to know - not especialy for the Ammit as I have no dry hits at all, but very good for other attys...@johnny_469 WOW !!! I just went threw ALL your reviews here and see that you ordered some interesting drip tips which I´ve never seen on FT before. The best of the best will go right in da cart with my next order. Thank you for that!I´m happy to see some people writing here, as the discussions on this very popular atty are somehow like dead. That´s at least my impression. So it´s very nice that something happens.I have now some further plans with the Engine Mini and Engine Nano (still waiting for both).I´m planning a ceramic block for the Engine Mini and want to compare with the Nano.So I hope to meet you there :-)High appreciations from my side to JessVapin here who brought me to the idea to use a ceramic block from the Avocado for this project!

Yeah, I saw the same thing about the ceramic block for the Engine Mini -- a great idea. I've already added the ceramic block to my cart. Actually, I added the 5-pack in case I mess it up. lol

I really should do more reviews like johhny_469 has done. I forget that people often go by the reviews and ratings before making a purchase. I tend to go to the forums to get users' opinions, but reviews can often be helpful when it's something other than an atty. I'll be sure to check out johhny_469's reviews, as I'm always looking for great DTs. :)

#33 (permalink)      3/2/2017 8:24:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
The good think with the reviews is that after some time you can change your rabate points into a 10 Dollar note.
I know this thread is about the Ammit - so I don´t want to write so much about the Engine here - just a bit :-)
It´s also possible to run the Engine mini as a Single coil atty without the ceramic block.
I wouldn´t put the coil in the middle on this atty. Just wick it normal BUT only with one coil.
The other side of the chamber (without a coil) can just be filled up to the roof with cotton - that´s it.
It´s important that the air is able to go under the coil and up again through the chimney.
So it makes sence to place the coil quite high, as otherwise the air will basicly just go right to the chimney and won´t hit the coil. That´s at least my theory about it.
I can´t wait to compare this with the Nano....

Edited on 3/2/2017 at 8:30 AM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      3/2/2017 9:30:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

The good think with the reviews is that after some time you can change your rabate points into a 10 Dollar note.

Learn something new every day! Thanks for that! :D Time to start reviewing my purchases!

#35 (permalink)      3/2/2017 10:12:54 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
@pktech I didn´t know either until I saw by accident that I almost had 10 rabate points (which is 10 Dollar).
You get points for every review, forum discussions and purchases.
Since I know about this I purchase more from FT than before - FT is smart :-)
#36 (permalink)      3/2/2017 2:41:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pktech
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos23
Taifix wrote:

@pktech I didn´t know either until I saw by accident that I almost had 10 rabate points (which is 10 Dollar).
You get points for every review, forum discussions and purchases.
Since I know about this I purchase more from FT than before - FT is smart :-)

a-ha! That explains the gazillion reviews and posts that people have. There's a method to FastTech's madness. ;)

#37 (permalink)      3/2/2017 2:49:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27284
+2 details
I did 10 more reviews last night just for you guys :-p
Woah, mama!
#38 (permalink)      3/2/2017 2:56:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
You are a good man - just like John. Thank you :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pFhnKxPna8#t=587.395096
#39 (permalink)      3/2/2017 8:01:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
The Engine Mini arrived today and I´ve tried out some different coil setups with it.
As I only have it in use since today I still have to try it out a bit, but I think it´s not worth the effort to build a ceramic block, as it seems to perform best with the coil in the middle.
Instead of this I will try to build a tank extension for the Ammit. The question is if I´ll find a spare glass which fits. I will give the clone a try for this project.

After my first impressions the Ammit keeps it´s first place for single coil attys in my ranking :-)

So much flavour for little money! It works best for me with a fused Clapton, but I will also try out some of the wires which johnny_469 recommended.
#40 (permalink)      3/2/2017 8:08:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27284
Taifix wrote:

So much flavour for little money! It works best for me with a fused Clapton, but I will also try out some of the wires which johnny_469 recommended.

If at all possible, they perform best wicked with Fiber Freaks, closely followed by some other forms of Rayon wick like Tencel Top and Cellucotton.

Also note, that if you're a Clapton user, they will have what feels like an instantaneous ramp up time, and require much lower wattage to get good flavor and vapor density. They will also likely test your wicking skills a bit as they won't be as forgiving as claptons when it comes to juice flow.

Woah, mama!
#41 (permalink)      3/5/2017 6:39:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
The Single Coil Atty Rally continues for me!
OBS is out of the game for me (see the discussions and reviews) and the Supreme Lite will have the honour to compete with the Ammit - strike!
I think I will keep both anyway :-)

I hope to get it soon...if you want to check it out as well then hurry up, Flashsale somewhere else ends in 7 hours and 20 minutes!

Edited on 3/5/2017 at 6:40 PM. Reason: