shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Dry hits! I'm sure mine has much smaller juice flow holes than on youtube reviews and google images!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#71 (permalink)      9/16/2017 12:51:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
cory_m wrote:

Haven't had any luck finding a decent reasonably sized vise locally,...

You find some nice blue ones on Elay for 22-28 Euro - best size/weight balance @120mm

Edited on 9/16/2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason:
#72 (permalink)      9/16/2017 9:27:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cory_m
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 90
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos48
I found a hobby sized (3 inch/7cm) vise that can clamp to a 2 inch or less surface for 22.50CAD (~16 Euro) locally once I started searching for the right word; perfect, decent heft, small enough to stow in the tool box... and best of all I didn't have to pay shipping on dead weight, in fact I got 25% off instead. To think I was making due with a 3 inch C clamp when I could have had this - thanks for getting me looking again Taifix, I had given up on finding a decent vise when I got that C clamp.

I really miss having a shop or at least a benched corner of a garage for these sorts of things.
#73 (permalink)      9/17/2017 8:50:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
Well I don´t like the ones which you have to mount on the table so much, but it will do the job.
Nice that you got it so cheap!
#74 (permalink)      9/23/2017 9:55:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cory_m
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 90
  • Reviews 32
  • Kudos48
Taifix wrote:

Well I don´t like the ones which you have to mount on the table so much, but it will do the job.
Nice that you got it so cheap!

It definite did the trick! Got the base apart and polished all the air pathways and no more screaming babies! :) While I was at it, and since I have the vice now, it was also short work to polish the rough sanding around the juice holes I had done, and it's now working better than ever and doesn't look completely rough.

I had intended to remove the ball bearing from the AFC to make it more adjustable, which I did, but didn't realize the other stopper was a pin or bearing too and I managed to lose it somewhere along the way... but at least I still had the bearing and spring that I removed to put in it's place.

I've never had a problem with the JFC being hard to turn, but getting the base out has been an issue a couple times now. By "teflon band" did you mean plumbers tape (that thin teflon tape that one uses on faucet bolts and similar) on the threads or something entirely different?

I find myself using this thing so much, I have to actually rewick it pretty often now... really need to put it on a mod that has more than one battery too, it's a beast. Thanks again Taifix!

#75 (permalink)      9/24/2017 3:20:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos142
+1 details
I mean this:

Take half of a stripe and roll it. Then put it in place. Now opening for rewicking is always working fine.