Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Version
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      5/17/2017 9:54:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
edarude222
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 7
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
+1 details
Credit go to Donskoy72 , Thanks!!
#12 (permalink)      5/17/2017 1:11:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
I got the new version ...the beautiful 'seamless' finish that all the reviewers go on about (there were only reviews for the older version prior to me purchasing) is not there with the new version - at least not on mine. It is basically 2-tone now. They obviously shrunk & changed the module part for the new version (now GREYish/SILVER looking), but still KEPT the original PLAIN SILVER 2 Bottom battery tubes, and so mine is 2-tone in effect. It's quite plain for me to see on mine, and a 'more' OCD vaper would not be a happy bunny/go a bit ballistic.
BIG shame. I would much rather have had the ORIGINAL and taller, 'SAME COLOUR' SEAMLESS version.

Mod (Anniepan) edited on 5/20/2017 at 2:18 AM. Reason: Advertisement
#13 (permalink)      5/18/2017 2:11:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notslim1
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
Vapire wrote:

I got the new version from the fun place too and the beautiful 'seamless' finish that all the reviewers go on about (there were only reviews for the older version prior to me purchasing) is not there with the new version - at least not on mine. It is basically 2-tone now. They obviously shrunk & changed the module part for the new version (now GREYish/SILVER looking), but still KEPT the original PLAIN SILVER 2 Bottom battery tubes, and so mine is 2-tone in effect. It's quite plain for me to see on mine, and a 'more' OCD vaper would not be a happy bunny/go a bit ballistic.
BIG shame. I would much rather have had the ORIGINAL and taller, 'SAME COLOUR' SEAMLESS version.

Can you show us pictures of the color inconsistency please?

#14 (permalink)      5/18/2017 2:22:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
UKV_Kenneth
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3019
  • Reviews 260
  • Kudos2245
+2 details
I think it's just yours.
#15 (permalink)      5/18/2017 6:30:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ppeeble
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 992
  • Reviews 358
  • Kudos998
My new version came from the other place and the tubes are visually seamless / colour matched. I would still prefer to be able to use in 18500 mode like the old version. 18350 won't work because the battery lasts literally minutes and 18650 is too long (although 5mm shorter than a full size ProVari)....
Still, it looks good.
More sense than money.....
#16 (permalink)      5/19/2017 12:39:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Krisma
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 88
  • Reviews 31
  • Kudos31
$0.50 rebate earned+1 details
ppeeble wrote:

My new version came from the other place and the tubes are visually seamless / colour matched. I would still prefer to be able to use in 18500 mode like the old version. 18350 won't work because the battery lasts literally minutes and 18650 is too long (although 5mm shorter than a full size ProVari)....
Still, it looks good.

I just posted in the other discussion but if you use the 18650 tube and substitue the end cap for a provari mini end cap it becomes an 18500 mod. No rattles and the spring is not stresses

#17 (permalink)      5/26/2017 5:58:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
@notslim1

Apologies for the delay in responding. I don't know how to upload photos here, I'm afraid, and wouldn't really have the time either. However, I can say that if you look at the photos on this FT listing of the mod, then you can clearly see that the bottom cap on all the photos is a different colour = more GREY/a DARKER SILVER than the rest of the mod - and so FT clearly picked up on the colour inconsistency too. This is what mine is like too but the colour change on mine is not quite so pronounced as you see in the FT photos. I'd say about 75% less than in the FT photos BUT it's like that on the TWO battery tubes on mine, so almost half the mod.
EDIT - FT Photos have since been changed after this post, and now show much lighter tones.

To be honest, it's not TOOOO too awful, I guess, but I have to say that it's still a bit disappointing because it was the 'SEAMLESS' look that really appealed to me in the 1st place for why I bought it.
I haven't even turned it on since it arrived about 3 weeks ago now. May try it out this week/end if I get a chance and just try and pull myself together over its 2-tone 'quality'.

Edited on 9/1/2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      5/26/2017 6:03:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapire
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 434
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos253
@UKV_Kenneth

Ah, then perhaps the Vape God just chose me as the 'Special One' ;-)

Genuinely glad if others' are fine. Good to hear. Would rather I got unlucky than there are thousands of similar disappointed 2-toner recipients out there.

Best.
#19 (permalink)      3/3/2018 6:23:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
logidog
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 1051
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos816
KovZso wrote:

"by StaffThanks for your mail.The supplier said this item only has this version, don't have other version. Hope can help you."That's that!!!

This post was made 5/12/2017. The product now shows to be 112mm tall and the pics look like the new version. So which is now, the original or new version? Anyone know?

#20 (permalink)      3/6/2018 1:05:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Astraion
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 17
  • Reviews 62
  • Kudos3
+1 details
Mine arrived today. High-Res images: https://imgur.com/a/3WpoE

Edited on 3/6/2018 at 1:06 PM. Reason: URL
#21 (permalink)      3/25/2018 8:39:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
redordead
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 57
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos26
Krisma wrote:

ppeeble wrote:
Still, it looks good.

I just posted in the other discussion but if you use the 18650 tube and substitue the end cap for a provari mini end cap it becomes an 18500 mod. No rattles and the spring is not stresses

Does the P3 end cap work as well?