Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

A bit more clarity required
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/14/2017 4:24:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Anniepan
Staff|M|
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 11458
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos5954
Hello friends,

The material is Brass and Resin or Copper and Resin, two kinds, We will ship random.

And blackhack, if the item has quality issue, please kindly contact us in the ticket for warranty. Thank you.
#12 (permalink)      6/14/2017 4:42:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16424
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29898
blackhack wrote:

Mine arrived today and I'm totally disappointed with it....review going up in a minute

Blackhack, I saw your review, the only big con for me if it autofires with longer pinned attys. Maybe spring is too stiff? (& too strong) What battery do you use?
Very short mods always have some limits. But I always loved my shorty mods. =)
For the resin tube, you can wedge it with a little piece of paper/ scotch/ wrap, etc.

Does it work with other attys? When it does, how is the button throw? How does it hit?

Edited on 6/15/2017 at 4:06 AM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      6/15/2017 6:26:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16424
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29898
By the way... what did you receive? Brass or copper? Is it clear coated? If it's brass, as you mention it's shiny, hope it's not golden plated.
#14 (permalink)      6/21/2017 9:42:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16424
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29898
+1 details
Ha that's a bummer... Someone has received this item, says very little about it, after it he disappears. :/
#15 (permalink)      6/22/2017 7:37:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
galagarry
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos14
+1 details
I just received mine (copper kit with rda actually) and at first it looks a little bad.
Also, be aware that the battery kind a holds everything together, so until you pop one in, it's just like a bunch of jiggly parts.
But, the build quality is good, especially the cutouts and engraving. Threads are clean and smoothish.

I will post a complete review tomorrow for the copper kit, but I will answer some questions right now.

A washer between the mod and atty is enough to prevent autofiring and general wobblyness with a long 510. The extra mm is enough to be able to screw everything together nicely(With the DQD[5.38mm 510 pin] and a sam. 30Q.

The spring is very nice and strong, and to give you an idea of how it works, the spring goes into the groove of the 510 disc(?), facing the atty. So when you push the button, you're pushing the battery up so the part with the spring (which touches the battery)
makes contact with the atty's 510.

It's 78mm tall, the same exact height than an SMPL, including the switch. (The tube is just 72.2mm)

It's 25mm OD and the inner sleeve is 22.3mm, but you can't fit a 20700 in it because the battery goes inside the switch (kinda like the Tomahawk X) and an 18650 is a tight fit.

All in all, maybe it should be a couple bucks less, but it's not too bad. I mean, it's still a 25mm copper mod that's as short and light as an SMPL.

Oh yeah, it's coated and it hits satisfyingly hard.

Edited on 6/22/2017 at 9:08 PM. Reason: Hasty review
#16 (permalink)      6/23/2017 7:29:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16424
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29898
Thanks @galagarry.
So it's basically the same concept as the mod from the Goon Pro kit, I just received. With some minor differences. Which was a lottery too, turned out well (didn't care much about the RDA)
Here's a break down pic from majistir.

Had an idea, if the resin turned out to be something less pleasing, I'd just slide into it a metal tube,
hope it won't be too loose.

Would you mind to take some pics with some atty on it?
#17 (permalink)      6/23/2017 11:15:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
galagarry
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos14
+1 details
Yeah, a lot like it.
Here's a breakdown:

Here with a SMPL:

Here you can see the gap from the washer:

Found out that I could unscrew the switch a bit to be able to screw the atty flush(the washer fits inside the tube). Everything still solidly in place.

Bonus, with an Apocalypse Gen 2

The sleeve is 22.25mm OD, 19.35mm ID and 66mm tall. You could replace it with basically anything that has about the same measurements, as long as it is tall enough, as the sleeve is squeezed between the switch and the top disc.
With the sleeve off, the battery was still held fairly in place and the mod fired, but there was nothing to stop it from being screwed until it autofired.

My best guess is you could either make a new sleeve to a precise length, or tweak the included one, to further personalize the throw and fit of the whole thing.

Edited on 6/23/2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Image links
#18 (permalink)      6/23/2017 3:10:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16424
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29898
Thanks!
I wonder, what makes that it's 78mm tall (3mm taller than the Goon) and it can't be screwed all the way together...

My best guess is you could either make a new sleeve to a precise length, or tweak the included one, to further personalize the throw and fit of the whole thing.

Do you mean that the inner (resin) tube has something to do with it?

The black delrin spacer and the brass contact, are they screwed together or press fitted?

Mine got shipped yesterday, but it's just too bad to wait and speculate ... lol

#19 (permalink)      6/23/2017 3:45:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
galagarry
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 27
  • Reviews 46
  • Kudos14
The delrin spacer, contact, spring and 510 disc are all just press fitted.

I believe the resin tube is partly responsible for the whole problem, BUT:

After further examination (lol) and looking at the goon breakdown pics, here's my conclusion :
The whole spring/contact/spacer thing is the culprit.
With the spring fully compressed, in 'firing' position, the contact pin extends 9.2mm (!) from the bottom of the 510 disc.
If you look at the goon, you can see there's a top 'cap' for the battery to provide some insulation and a base for the spring. Well, the battery goes IN that cap, which compresses kinda inside the 510 disc that is hollow. That actually looks like a very efficient and compact design! (Does FT have it listed somewhere?).

So I guess that until one can find a replacement top mechanism for it, it'll be a washer for me.
I'll try and find the goon and order it.
And btw, I was looking at my Tomahawk X to try and find an idea, and boy is that mod short.
#20 (permalink)      6/23/2017 4:02:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16424
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29898
So maybe the resin tube could be a mm longer?
You could maybe put 2 thick o-rings at the two ends of the tube.
If it were possible to take apart the delrin and brass part and sand down a bit, you could win a mm too.

Edited on 6/23/2017 at 4:15 PM. Reason:
#21 (permalink)      6/23/2017 4:11:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 16424
  • Reviews 395
  • Kudos29898
FT didn't list that kit, only that lame RDA. (goon V4) I sent a request today, but there's very little chance that they would source only the mod... the fff site and ffdeal have them.

It works well, switch is great, but it's a delicate mod as well. For battery rattle you could read in the other thread. (solved) Spring is not fixed so one has to be careful that it's placed centred. I didn't short it, but for an hour or so, the whole mod/RDA kept being strangely warm and suddenly the battery went off. (got drained out) Till I realised what was the matter. All is good now.

For the paint: time will tell :)

Edited on 6/23/2017 at 4:13 PM. Reason: