Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Is the black deck Anodized?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/14/2018 5:42:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SmokeyPete
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 549
  • Reviews 11
  • Kudos100
Is the black deck Anodized?
I've had some issues with black atomisers in the past giving off a strange taste. I'm thinking it could be something to do with black paint. Is this deck painted or anodized?
#2 (permalink)      2/14/2018 5:57:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5428
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7133
I don't know what it is. I assume it's PVD coating. I've never had a deck that is painted. It wouldn't be conductive if it were painted.

I'm happy with it anyway.

Edited on 2/14/2018 at 5:57 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      2/15/2018 2:06:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bassett
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 1696
  • Reviews 63
  • Kudos814
+1 details
Yknow I usually avoid decks that are painted myself, I actually prefer stainless steel In general for most parts. Paint is always a hit or a miss, you never know if it's gonna be flaky specifically when there's not alot of reviews om a particular clone.

Pay a bit more and get something nicer, preferably without a black deck. if your having bad luck with black decks then the best course of action is to break the cycle.
*smokebomb*
#4 (permalink)      2/15/2018 2:11:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
LondonVaper
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 117
  • Reviews 84
  • Kudos107
Or, get the one with ss deck and add SKU 9628441
#5 (permalink)      2/15/2018 2:53:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5428
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7133
+1 details
Bassett wrote:

Yknow I usually avoid decks that are painted myself, I actually prefer stainless steel In general for most parts. Paint is always a hit or a miss, you never know if it's gonna be flaky specifically when there's not alot of reviews om a particular clone.

Pay a bit more and get something nicer, preferably without a black deck. if your having bad luck with black decks then the best course of action is to break the cycle.

You don't know what you're talking about. Just shut up.

#6 (permalink)      2/15/2018 6:17:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
solksagen
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos2642
Anodizing (stainless) steel is not possible, durably black coated steel usually is powder coated.
300Wartz zero fighting zero spam zero trolls
#7 (permalink)      2/15/2018 6:47:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
johnny_469
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 23118
  • Reviews 288
  • Kudos27288
+1 details
solksagen wrote:

durably black coated steel usually is powder coated.

Not in China.

The 2 go to methods in China are heat treatments, and PVD coatings.

PVD coatings usually have a glossy finish while heat treatments have whatever finish the metal started with, and generally leaves a telltale "rainbow" effect in certain areas that did not quite get the full amount of heat the rest of it did. Heat treatments can hinder conductivity, but most PVD coatings are very conductive.

I would assume it's a TiAlCN PVD coating due to the glossy finish and that it's black.

Edited on 2/15/2018 at 7:09 AM. Reason:
Woah, mama!
#8 (permalink)      2/15/2018 4:54:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 57
  • Kudos6
I wasn't sure about it either so I got the ss clear one & an extra black cap when they became available
#9 (permalink)      2/15/2018 6:36:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6185
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4448
+1 details
It sucks, I have the black one not from here but it's not what the hype was all making it out to be.

Well OK I guess just saying it sucks is a bit short of me. OK, so I don't feel like it ranks in terms of the best RDA's on the market and some reviewers will have you believe it does. For a dirt cheap squonk ready RDA, it's good at best.. Good build and all that your looking at good RDA. It's not the hype train it has gotten though.

I have really old RDAs I like allot more. Things that the clones where around this cost, so cost is not a factor. If you stack this up against the competition and do not factor in cost, it sucks, IMHO...

Basically this has no drip tip, so your doing what is called tail piping it, if you tail pipe allot of RDAs the flavor will pick up. That does not make them above average RDAs that makes you sucking on the top cap...

If you factor in drip tips VS non drip tips this will drop a huge margin. If you then take into account all the RDAs with very similar structures of airflow it will drop again when compared to them.

I feel like what you eventually get to is, is this better then a Kennedy, yeah no it isn't. The Kennedy is a clone and this is an authentic but a cheaply built kind of crappy authentic all things considered...

So to sum it up, fuck this thing... Authentic Oumier Wasp Nano RDA, yeah no I will take any number of great clones.
#10 (permalink)      2/15/2018 6:59:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5457
+1 details
@ Eternal, did you ever watch the Morten Oen review of the Wasp Nano?

He does a really good job at pointing out all the beneficial attributes of the Wasp.

It's a good watch...

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#11 (permalink)      2/15/2018 7:28:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 6185
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4448
+1 details
I watched as much as I could stand without throwing up,,,(that is three brief pauses) in my fucking mouth... He is a fucking douche! uuuuuuughhhhh... Heeeeeeeeeeeewwwwereeewww aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I can't fucking listen to his ass. Then I skipped around and saw a bit of how he says it is good for all this shit. It's not really, I own it, and I can tell you it is not great at best.

What dripper do you want to put it against and what build do you want out of both. I bet you, for shits and also giggles that what ever RDA you have if you follow my build for what you have I can make it taste better then that RDA.. If it doesn't then do me a favor and tail pipe it.

I am not kidding man it is not that great. The O-atty clone was better, the Omerta was better, there are tons and tons of RDAs that are better. It's not inventive it is like a cheap interpretation of other shit. Now the nudge from Wotofo is like that with dual coils... This idea is hitting rock bottom pre-nudge... This post style is the new velocity deck, but much less versatile. If this is the new trend just go the fuck back to the velocity posts. Peoople act like moving your coil is some thing the RDA helps you do.. You can wick it vertically, yeah you could always do that before...

I own it, I don't think it is any thing worth more then what it costs and what it costs goes against too much great shit..

OK so squonking RDA older, the Velocity v2 against this, all day every day the velocity v2 wins... Fuck this shit, for 12 bucks, then it jumps to 23 because of hype. Dude youtubers hold to much clout in the industry it's sad. If you don't have any thing this low cost to compare it to then the youtubers should mention the clone market, or risk alienating themselves from a portion of us that actually know what you can get for the cost. Yeah I like reviewers but why do they all get a pass with this?